Public charter
Irving, TX

Posted May 19, 2015
My daughter went to LCE from K to 2nd. We were so frustrated with the teachers that we moved her to Manara starting 3rd grade and we have never looked back. I wished we started her at Manara since K so she does have to work so hard to make up the knowledge gap. She absolutely loves Manara and her teachers. She misses school, her friends and teachers when the shcool is out. I read some parents complain about the school lunches, buses and grades. If you want just a free education, you should probably go somewhere else. If you truely interested in investing in your kids' future, Manara is the place. The fundraising is necessary as charter schools don't get the same amount of money as other public schools. I pack a heathly lunch for my daughter every day as she doesn't like the food at school. Grades is not the sole indicator of your kids' achievement. What matters most is whether and how much she/he has grown/learned. We are sending my daughter to 6th grade at Manara in the Fall. The middle school is ranked A+, as good as any other school other, but with caring little and great languages program.

Posted March 17, 2015
Manara is a great school!! The expeditionary style of teaching really makes learning fun for the kids. All the teachers are very caring, patient, and kind. They are like family. I have had kids in Manara for 5 years now and I am very pleased with the education they have had.

Posted March 16, 2015
I have been with Manara Academy for 6 years, the school s EL (Expeditionary Learning) and world languages programs not only provided academic knowledge for my 2 children but also enriched their characters. My children are more engaged and interested in learning, they love to go to school and love their teachers, the staff are so warm hearted, they make me feel like family :)

Posted March 01, 2015
The staff are great, they treat the students with care. My kids attended that school since the second year the school was made. The kids enjoy the school and will beam with happiness. Manara Academy is an EL school and they go on expedition to teach the students.

Posted March 01, 2015
Manara Academy is undoubtedly a great school. Where the focus is not only on the curriculum but on the grooming, character building and of course the expeditionary learning. One of the main assets of Manara Academy is the teachers who are always focused and concerned about each and every student.

Manara Academy 3

Posted February 26, 2015
I am a student at Manara Academy Irving Middle School. At Manara, our community is a diverse community, our classes are separated boys and girls. Manara allows us to choose a language to take between arabic or french. Minor problem at our middle school is the cafeteria food, most of the time the food served isn't well, either its soggy, burnt, or old. The most important thing of all is that we know each and everyone in our community.

Posted February 25, 2015
manara is one of the only expeditionary learning schools in Texas. it provides me an amazing education. my school offers 2 different languages for kids to speak arabic and french! manara is very diverse. Manara is a place where i feel safe, and a place where i know that the schools putting in as much as effort as i am. i can proudly say that i attend manara academy.

Posted February 24, 2015
I have three kids currently enrolled in Manara academy elementary school, the staff is kind and courteous i especially love the language programs that they have to offer. My kids and i love it there it feels like we are just one big family, my kids went to public school for years but, public schools just feel very formal and distant with parents and children which i didn't like. Here,parents are encouraged to be more involved with the students work/activities that happen in the school.

Posted February 22, 2015
I really like this school. The staff is awesome and teachers are Great! Best thing is that my son loves it and is happy to attend this school. Keep up the good work Manara Academy!

Posted February 22, 2015
Being a parent to pre teen and an elementary student I feel my kids are in great hands! Manara Academy builds confidence and makes learning fun for the kids! Highly recommend Marana to each and every Parent who wants to give a better futur to their kids:)

Manara Academy
8201 Tristar Drive, Irving, TX  75063
Last modified Manara Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manara Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top