950 students|Manara Academy

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Manara Academy 1

Posted November 21, 2015
Worst experience ever. The teachers are inexperienced and too young to be teaching grades like 1st and 2nd. The school staff is unorganized and doesn't seem to know what they're doing. The kids don't respect the teachers or the principals plus they not have counselors. If you're going to enroll your kid there, be prepared to receive a phone call every now and then about some stupid stuff on your child. They always blame your child over something (again due to their lack of experience and inability to resolve problems). The withdrawal rate is increasing. I had to withdraw my child and enrolled him in a different school. If you're looking for a good education for your child, this school is not it. Run!!!!

Manara Academy
Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 21, 2015
My 1st grader was suspended for 10 days over some stupid stuff. They do not offer counseling and the teachers always blame the kids. The lack of experience that the teachers, the staff and even the principals have, is unbelievable. I withdrew my child after they decided to suspend him.

Posted July 27, 2015
Manara Academy Public Charter School is the best decision we have made for our children in their educational career. We started them in August of this school year. We have read all of the reviews and I dont think some of the parents appreciate what their children are receiving here at Manara or they have truly never been to a traditional public school. My children are so excited to go to school everyday because they use a hands on learning approach, the classes are small, and the teachers seem to care a great deal. Communication is good between the teachers with the parents and their websites are fantastic. You wont find hands on learning in collaborative groups or Foreign Languages being taught in K-8 in any traditional public school. The Superintendent seems to always be present, available and responsive to needs.. The feeling is that he is steering the school with an academic focus. The staff is young in some areas, but each year they gather another year of experience. This school is going to continue to thrive and get better each year.

Posted May 19, 2015
My daughter went to LCE from K to 2nd. We were so frustrated with the teachers that we moved her to Manara starting 3rd grade and we have never looked back. I wished we started her at Manara since K so she does have to work so hard to make up the knowledge gap. She absolutely loves Manara and her teachers. She misses school, her friends and teachers when the shcool is out. I read some parents complain about the school lunches, buses and grades. If you want just a free education, you should probably go somewhere else. If you truely interested in investing in your kids' future, Manara is the place. The fundraising is necessary as charter schools don't get the same amount of money as other public schools. I pack a heathly lunch for my daughter every day as she doesn't like the food at school. Grades is not the sole indicator of your kids' achievement. What matters most is whether and how much she/he has grown/learned. We are sending my daughter to 6th grade at Manara in the Fall. The middle school is ranked A+, as good as any other school other, but with caring little and great languages program.

Posted March 17, 2015
Manara is a great school!! The expeditionary style of teaching really makes learning fun for the kids. All the teachers are very caring, patient, and kind. They are like family. I have had kids in Manara for 5 years now and I am very pleased with the education they have had.

Posted March 16, 2015
I have been with Manara Academy for 6 years, the school s EL (Expeditionary Learning) and world languages programs not only provided academic knowledge for my 2 children but also enriched their characters. My children are more engaged and interested in learning, they love to go to school and love their teachers, the staff are so warm hearted, they make me feel like family :)

Posted March 01, 2015
The staff are great, they treat the students with care. My kids attended that school since the second year the school was made. The kids enjoy the school and will beam with happiness. Manara Academy is an EL school and they go on expedition to teach the students.

Posted March 01, 2015
Manara Academy is undoubtedly a great school. Where the focus is not only on the curriculum but on the grooming, character building and of course the expeditionary learning. One of the main assets of Manara Academy is the teachers who are always focused and concerned about each and every student.

Manara Academy 3

Posted February 26, 2015
I am a student at Manara Academy Irving Middle School. At Manara, our community is a diverse community, our classes are separated boys and girls. Manara allows us to choose a language to take between arabic or french. Minor problem at our middle school is the cafeteria food, most of the time the food served isn't well, either its soggy, burnt, or old. The most important thing of all is that we know each and everyone in our community.

Posted February 25, 2015
manara is one of the only expeditionary learning schools in Texas. it provides me an amazing education. my school offers 2 different languages for kids to speak arabic and french! manara is very diverse. Manara is a place where i feel safe, and a place where i know that the schools putting in as much as effort as i am. i can proudly say that i attend manara academy.

Manara Academy
8201 Tristar Drive, Irving, TX  75063
Last modified Manara Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manara Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top