Public charter
Irving, TX

Manara Academy 3

Posted February 26, 2015
I am a student at Manara Academy Irving Middle School. At Manara, our community is a diverse community, our classes are separated boys and girls. Manara allows us to choose a language to take between arabic or french. Minor problem at our middle school is the cafeteria food, most of the time the food served isn't well, either its soggy, burnt, or old. The most important thing of all is that we know each and everyone in our community.

Posted February 25, 2015
manara is one of the only expeditionary learning schools in Texas. it provides me an amazing education. my school offers 2 different languages for kids to speak arabic and french! manara is very diverse. Manara is a place where i feel safe, and a place where i know that the schools putting in as much as effort as i am. i can proudly say that i attend manara academy.

Posted February 24, 2015
I have three kids currently enrolled in Manara academy elementary school, the staff is kind and courteous i especially love the language programs that they have to offer. My kids and i love it there it feels like we are just one big family, my kids went to public school for years but, public schools just feel very formal and distant with parents and children which i didn't like. Here,parents are encouraged to be more involved with the students work/activities that happen in the school.

Posted February 22, 2015
I really like this school. The staff is awesome and teachers are Great! Best thing is that my son loves it and is happy to attend this school. Keep up the good work Manara Academy!

Posted February 22, 2015
Being a parent to pre teen and an elementary student I feel my kids are in great hands! Manara Academy builds confidence and makes learning fun for the kids! Highly recommend Marana to each and every Parent who wants to give a better futur to their kids:)

Posted February 22, 2015
Manara Academy is awesome! From the moment you enter the school, you feel like part of a family. Student learning is evident everywhere . . .from the student work and learning processes displayed on the hallway walls to the way students speak confidently about their learning! I am the proud parent of a second grader who is excited about learning a second language and proud to be friends with students from many different cultures. Being the only school in Texas that offers EXPEDITIONARY LEARNING surely has its advantages; but the teachers here have special care for each student as they are loved and challenged continuously! I give Manara 5 stars because I feel no other school can compare!

Posted February 22, 2015
My two daughters go to Manara Academy and are very happy with the programs there. The staff, teachers and involved parents make it so, that you feel a part of a family where your kids are cared for. The teachers are very understanding and are very involved. The communication is on a regular bases. The hands on learning (Expeditionary learning) is a plus that you won't get in public, or even private schools. In today's world where you need to communicate with the rest of the world, Manara makes that possible for your child. My kids do French and Arabic classes for their foreign languag, and we are extremely happy with their learnings.

Posted February 22, 2015
This is good school, good teachers and staff. good school infrastructure, overall good school, my son in grade 4 , having good teacher and school

Posted February 22, 2015
I love manara, i had my daughters in pk in public schools never liked it . Since day one i always felt like home, the stuff are the most kind people ever and the communication with the teacher is wonderful there was never a time where i sent an email and had no answer they always try to make me feel better if i have any concerns. My kids have been going to manara for 4 years now all the staff know them and they know everyone. I now live in frisco and still bring my kids to manara every day. Like i said before it is a family.Love you guys ,love you,love you. Keep up the good work.

Manara Academy 1

Posted October 21, 2014
My daughter attends the manara middle school and comes crying to me everyday. The teachers are mean and blame the students for things they didn't do and they don't back up their argument. My daughter is failing math and science because she says everytime she asks a question the teachers get mad and don't want to explain themselves again. The teachers are mean and a lot of the students cause trouble and everyone gets in trouble for it. It is a very small campus and my daughter says she feels like she's still in elementary school. They can't even pick their classes and there are no electives. I will consider taking my daughter out of the school this year.

Manara Academy
8201 Tristar Drive, Irving, TX  75063
Last modified Manara Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manara Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top