950 students|Manara Academy

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Great school! So glad to have found a school for my kids that share our same values, morals and ethics. We switched from coppell ISD to Manara Academy and couldn't we happier :)

worst school ever, even worst than Olive tree on Arlington,texas. Please do not send your kids, they take the state funding and teach our kids nothing except how to be careless and stupid..

My child is in 4th Grade in Manara Elementary, his teacher is absolutely fantastic. The 4th grade teachers provide good guidance and are very caring. The expeditionary learning takes a little getting used to but the curriculum is on par with other schools in the area. As with most public schools in our state there always seems to be shortage of funds for our educators. To me these teachers deserve some appreciation for all they do everyday for our children and in many cases using their own money to buy supplies for their class.

Worst experience ever. The teachers are inexperienced and too young to be teaching grades like 1st and 2nd. The school staff is unorganized and doesn't seem to know what they're doing. The kids don't respect the teachers or the principals plus they not have counselors. If you're going to enroll your kid there, be prepared to receive a phone call every now and then about some stupid stuff on your child. They always blame your child over something (again due to their lack of experience and inability to resolve problems). The withdrawal rate is increasing. I had to withdraw my child and enrolled him in a different school. If you're looking for a good education for your child, this school is not it. Run!!!!

Manara Academy Public Charter School is the best decision we have made for our children in their educational career. We started them in August of this school year. We have read all of the reviews and I dont think some of the parents appreciate what their children are receiving here at Manara or they have truly never been to a traditional public school. My children are so excited to go to school everyday because they use a hands on learning approach, the classes are small, and the teachers seem to care a great deal. Communication is good between the teachers with the parents and their websites are fantastic. You wont find hands on learning in collaborative groups or Foreign Languages being taught in K-8 in any traditional public school. The Superintendent seems to always be present, available and responsive to needs.. The feeling is that he is steering the school with an academic focus. The staff is young in some areas, but each year they gather another year of experience. This school is going to continue to thrive and get better each year.

My daughter went to LCE from K to 2nd. We were so frustrated with the teachers that we moved her to Manara starting 3rd grade and we have never looked back. I wished we started her at Manara since K so she does have to work so hard to make up the knowledge gap. She absolutely loves Manara and her teachers. She misses school, her friends and teachers when the shcool is out. I read some parents complain about the school lunches, buses and grades. If you want just a free education, you should probably go somewhere else. If you truely interested in investing in your kids' future, Manara is the place. The fundraising is necessary as charter schools don't get the same amount of money as other public schools. I pack a heathly lunch for my daughter every day as she doesn't like the food at school. Grades is not the sole indicator of your kids' achievement. What matters most is whether and how much she/he has grown/learned. We are sending my daughter to 6th grade at Manara in the Fall. The middle school is ranked A+, as good as any other school other, but with caring little and great languages program.

Manara is a great school!! The expeditionary style of teaching really makes learning fun for the kids. All the teachers are very caring, patient, and kind. They are like family. I have had kids in Manara for 5 years now and I am very pleased with the education they have had.

I have been with Manara Academy for 6 years, the school s EL (Expeditionary Learning) and world languages programs not only provided academic knowledge for my 2 children but also enriched their characters. My children are more engaged and interested in learning, they love to go to school and love their teachers, the staff are so warm hearted, they make me feel like family :)

The staff are great, they treat the students with care. My kids attended that school since the second year the school was made. The kids enjoy the school and will beam with happiness. Manara Academy is an EL school and they go on expedition to teach the students.

Manara Academy is undoubtedly a great school. Where the focus is not only on the curriculum but on the grooming, character building and of course the expeditionary learning. One of the main assets of Manara Academy is the teachers who are always focused and concerned about each and every student.

Last modified Manara Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.