Posted April 18, 2014
Manara Academy is best place for kids, to build strong personality and hard working child of your, send him/her to ManaraAcademy

Posted January 22, 2014
Manara Academy Public Charter School is the best decision we have made for our children in their educational career. We started them in August of this school year. We have read all ot the reviews and I dont think some of the parents appreciate what their children are receiving here at Manara or they have truly never been to a traditional public school. My children are so excited to go to school everyday because they use a hands on learning approach, the classes are small, and the teachers seem to care a great deal. Communication is good between the teachers with the parents and their websites are fantastic. You wont find hands on learning in collaborative groups or Foreign Languages being taught in K-8 in any traditional public school. The Superintendent seems to always be present, available and responsive to needs.. The feeling is that he is steering the school with an academic focus. The staff is young in some areas, but each year they gather another year of experience. This school is going to continue to thrive and get better each year.

Manara Academy 4

Posted January 18, 2014
very cool school i go heheh that rimes! very beter then isi everyone come to manara manara for the win no isi yay

Manara Academy 1

Posted January 14, 2014
Manara is a horrible school with a mean principal and rude teachers. The children pick up so many bad manners and bad words on the bus that takes the kids to the school and no one says or does anything about it. The hype about the expeditionary learning is just hype. I am only going to allow my children to finish this school year because they don't want to leave their friends. Next year we will find a new school.

Posted November 27, 2013
This is first year of my kids at Marana academy and this is indeed one of a kind school .when it comes to teaching my kids have improved so much in their reading and writing skills.The homeworks is elaborate and helps kids alot to reinforce the concepts. The staff both administrative and teachers have amazing passion to deliver their knowledge and a positive professional opproach to handle situations and on top of that a compassionate heart which is rear in other schools. In this school they focus on community and character building based on hand on projects like those amazing field studies and SLC(student lead conferences) and much more that help students to boost their confidence at remarkable levels. Yes there is still room for improvement but I see this school going to a positive direction each and every day:) and my kids love it too much.

Manara Academy 2

Posted October 30, 2013
This is my child's second year at Manara Academy, I not going to enroll at this school next year. I love the homeroom teacher she is very encouraging and hands on, I'm having issues with the other teachers. One in particular I think have an issue with my child, she is very unprofessional and picks on her students. The school has potential but it needs a lot of work. I personally know few parents who removed their kids after few years at this school, I do understand the reasons now.

Manara Academy 3

Posted October 27, 2013
So we're new to Manara and I just wanted to share some things that I feel new parents should know..that I wish we would've been told. For starters, lunches are preordered. If your child is eating school lunch, make sure the order is placed before the school year begins. Yes, the school has a bus service..however, there's a montly charge as well as an annual fee. You can expect dozens of daily emails, lots of fundraisers. The dress code is not strictly enforced so don't invest in too many of those special monogrammed shirts. The kids are given dress down days per a donation. If you're unfamiliar with charter schools, know that they have some non-school days that differ from other schools. Check the calendar so you'll be prepared. And lastly, the field studies that are such a HUGE part of the curriculum are costing 120.00..THIS year. Multiple that by the number of students in whatever grade your child is in and it makes you wonder. I agree with their principles and want to believe in their ability to deliver on these principles. However, we haven't seen anything that would make us return next year. Theres nothing that a non-charter public school couldnt offer US and minus the cost

Posted October 14, 2013
I TOTALLY disagree from a parent who wrote that she is not coming next year because she was not aware of certain things. If you see other charters school you will know That there are fee for the lunches and school Buses too. I suggest you to be a part of a PTO or volunteer and go to the field studies to get a clear Vision and see what MANARA is doing for our Kids.The Principle and the teachers really work hard to provide better education and environment. It is not too late dear parent you can send your kid to different school to save $120. I am amazed when I see my kid growing by Learning so many great things. Good day!!

Posted August 19, 2013
Manara is an Expeditionary Learning school, focused on teaching children through problem solving and community service. They work on projects which they then must present in public meetings, so the children develop a sense of pride in their work and confidence in public speaking. My child went to Las Colinas Elementary for three years prior to transferring to Manara. My experience is that Manara's teaching method is superior to LCE and the teachers are far more concerned with helping my child to achieve. It is a public school, so there is no tuition. Smaller class sizes. A world-class French and one of a kind Arabic program cap this amazing school.

Manara Academy 1

Posted June 05, 2013
I have had very bad experience in this school with my two kids. Many parents are removing their kids from this school. Most of them are trying it for a year. The administration lacks professional behavior. Some teachers are not well trained and so unable to deliver good education to students. Very rude to the parents. If you want your kid to be in a good school you wouldn't consider this school.

Manara Academy
8201 Tristar Drive, Irving, TX  75063
Last modified Manara Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manara Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.