Posted June 24, 2014
I've been a teacher for 10 years in three districts. I've worked in Irving for the past 8 years on another campus. This past year I joined the Bowie campus as a science teacher. I've been thrilled to see the dedication each person on campus displays to the students. Some of the staff have been involved with this campus for 20, 25, even 30 years!!! Our students are learning more than how to bubble a test score sheet (even though we are one of the top rated schools in Irving!) We have wonderful leadership, collaboration among teachers, and tremendous support staff.

Posted September 12, 2013
I highly recommend this school, I strongly believe the teachers here care about their students and education, my daughter's wouldn't trade this school for another they love it here and as a parent it make s me feel good to know they are happy , this lets me know all is okay here.

Posted September 12, 2013
My son has made plenty friends here at Bowie, he use to attend Dezavala which was a bad experience for him, glad this school has welcomed him with good friends, teachers here have helped him improve his grades up , proud to know they care.

Posted September 02, 2009
Safe and peaceful learning faculity. I enjoyed my three years at Bowie Middle School.

Bowie Middle School 2

Posted July 31, 2009
Though there are some teachers there that are great, this school is not one that I would recommend. Most of the students are out of control, and the rules are beyond strict as a result. If you have any other options, I recommend you check them out.

Posted June 04, 2009
my daughter commened on TAKS from the awsome teachers here

Bowie Middle School 1

Posted May 09, 2008
The adminstration of this school is very unorganized. They do not return phone calls, respond to emails, nor do they notify parents of incidents that occur at the school. It is very difficult to monitor your childs progress. When there is an issue at the school it is almost as difficult to tell if the school is telling the entire story, or if they are just going by what they heard. I was very dissappointed in the administration at this school.

Posted October 24, 2007
I believe this school has got some great kids that need to be pushed a little harder.Overall it is a good school with some of the greatest teachers

Posted November 15, 2006

Posted November 13, 2005
- a staff
Although this school has a high percent of at-risk children, it performs well. Teachers are dedicated and their seems to be a very good feel to the school upon entering the halls. There is evidence of high expectatons of students. the school is very supportive of the fine arts and provides a good balance to academics and the arts. The school is very proud of the musical. art and thatrical abilities it has built over the years.

Bowie Middle School
600 East 6th Street, Irving, TX  75060
Last modified Bowie Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bowie Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top