Bad
Good

I've been a teacher for 10 years in three districts. I've worked in Irving for the past 8 years on another campus. This past year I joined the Bowie campus as a science teacher. I've been thrilled to see the dedication each person on campus displays to the students. Some of the staff have been involved with this campus for 20, 25, even 30 years!!! Our students are learning more than how to bubble a test score sheet (even though we are one of the top rated schools in Irving!) We have wonderful leadership, collaboration among teachers, and tremendous support staff.

I highly recommend this school, I strongly believe the teachers here care about their students and education, my daughter's wouldn't trade this school for another they love it here and as a parent it make s me feel good to know they are happy , this lets me know all is okay here.

My son has made plenty friends here at Bowie, he use to attend Dezavala which was a bad experience for him, glad this school has welcomed him with good friends, teachers here have helped him improve his grades up , proud to know they care.

Safe and peaceful learning faculity. I enjoyed my three years at Bowie Middle School.

Though there are some teachers there that are great, this school is not one that I would recommend. Most of the students are out of control, and the rules are beyond strict as a result. If you have any other options, I recommend you check them out.

my daughter commened on TAKS from the awsome teachers here

The adminstration of this school is very unorganized. They do not return phone calls, respond to emails, nor do they notify parents of incidents that occur at the school. It is very difficult to monitor your childs progress. When there is an issue at the school it is almost as difficult to tell if the school is telling the entire story, or if they are just going by what they heard. I was very dissappointed in the administration at this school.

I believe this school has got some great kids that need to be pushed a little harder.Overall it is a good school with some of the greatest teachers

Last modified Bowie Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.