Irving, TX

Crockett Middle School 3

Posted March 15, 2011
This school is just average for me. I don't feel that the academics here in honors classes are challenging enough. There are very good teachers who care but there are also some that will belittle your children and act as though they are teenagers and not adults themselves. Overall, our experience has been ok. Hopefully Mr. Edwards (the new principal) will make the needed changes (teacher changes) and make this school go from good to awesome! I'm impressed with the counselors, the administrators, and some outstanding teachers such as Mr. McNealey, Ms. Miknavich, and Mrs. Sutton who put their students first. Great job!

Posted April 28, 2010
this school is very cool but i had to move an i miss it

Posted October 22, 2009
I love the way the teachers go out of their way to work with the students to bring out their best and are willing to invest their time and energy to bring them to their full potential.

Posted August 02, 2007
I never liked this school and only went there because I had to. I hated how the classes were so easy I could daydream all day and still pass.

Crockett Middle School 5

Posted July 30, 2007
Great School! Mr. Rose is hard, but good and his staff follow his lead. They got my ADD student through it and prepared for High School. I have one more year with them and my 2nd 8th Grader and I wouldn't feel as safe with him any where else!

Crockett Middle School 5

Posted August 20, 2006
Great staff and school. Safe place for my student to attend.

Posted July 11, 2005
Good school. Great administration. Wonderful feeling of community!

Posted June 09, 2005
I loved the staff at Crockett. The administration works hard to instill discipline in the school. There is much focus on learning. The music programs are the best among middle schools in the district. Orchestra sends the most musicians to all-city, all-region. Choir always earns sweepstakes.

Posted July 13, 2004
My child has done very well at Crockett. The biggest problem is a lack of parental involvement. PTA membership is the lowest in the district. Most PTA members are teachers and administration. PTA envelopes are sent home in the packets on the first day of school. The principal is conservative, and doesn't encourage activities that act as popularity contests(like cheerleader tryouts). My child is involved in many activities and has been since 6th grade. Many of the teachers are very young and that can sometimes be a problem. The kids need teachers, not friends or enemies. I like the lunch schedule. The kids go to lunch with only their grade, so sixth graders are not in lunch the same time as 8th graders. These are middle school students. At this age, parents need to be more involved than ever for our children to succeed.

Crockett Middle School 2

Posted June 14, 2004
My child just finished 6th and he did very well. His teachers worked hard to motivate him and kept me up on his progress. He didn't know of extracurricular activities this year, but he's excited about playing sports next year. I spent time in lunch early in the year. The principal used a microphone but didn't seem to have much control. At the end of the year, my son told me about a food fight one day and quiet lunch with a video camera the rest of the year. Why wasn't control used at the beginning the year when the kids are getting used to a new school? It's strange the only times my kid got in trouble was during lunch or in the hallway. I'm ok with disruptive kids getting a ticket. We're looking forward to 7th grade.

2431 Hancock Street, Irving, TX  75061
Last modified Crockett Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crockett Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top