School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am the principal of JHE. Currently, I live in Bedford but choose to bring my daughter to John Haley because of how much I believe in what staff does for the students here. We have received five distinctions from the Texas Education Agency.
October 28, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Some not all the teachers and counselors and more concerned with what's going on in the students home. Maybe a child is just having a bad. Instead they ask question that should not be ask to a child. I think they need to concentrate teaching the students and stay out of what's going on in the home.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Too much of the same homework week after week from the first week of school.

We transferred to John Haley because of it's 3 time exemplary rating by TEA. My two children really struggled the first semester because they were behind academically. The teachers were very firm, but consistant. At first, I was not happy, but then realized that the teachers wanted to help my children. I observed the classes during lunch several times a month. I have never seen such patient teachers and staff. I was shocked at some of the behavior they have to handle daily. Both teachers (1st grade and 4th grade) offered free afterschool tutoring and kept in contact weekly via email. By December, both children were on level. My firstgrader came in at a Prek reading level and was on level in December. She actually was advanced by the end of the year. They loved their teachers. The teachers worked hard to make my children feel special and successful. We hope to be approved for a transfer again next year.

This school is horrible. One time my son got bullied, and got a black eye and scars all over him and the teachers said nothing and did nothing. The teachers are so rude. That parking lot and cafeteria is so horrible I can't handle it, you might as well feed my child dirt. I now send my child to Thomas Haley. Best choice I have ever made in my life.

Last modified Haley J Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.