Bad
Good

Haley T Elementary School 1

Posted July 27, 2016
My daughter first year in kindergarten was awesome. But when she moved up to 1st grade is was absolutely awful. They had a new nurse named Brandi sherier who over dosed my daughter with insulin then degraded her made her feel uncomfortable going to her. Her teacher wasn't very helpful either Gonzalez timed my daughter going to the nurse cause she was going to the nurse so much their excuse not mine. I had the 504k plan in place and it wasn't helping. They told me that her going to the nurse so offen was creating Academic hardship. Because the teacher Gonzalez would not tell her what she missed when she was gone and every week I would request homework for her on what she missed and it wasn't accommodated. And all the assistant principal Oliver could tell me was its their first year. I never got an apology from the nurse for everything that she has done to my daughter and me. Now she will hopefully be in a better school this year.

Haley T Elementary School 2

Posted January 18, 2014
Very friendly and educated but I must say im very dissapoited in this school. Some Teachers seem like prison guards, although they need to keep a hold because there are alot of miss behaving kids,but there are also alot of innocent ones who get caught in the crossfire! Also a lot of BULLYING gets thrown under the rug because teachers dont want to deal with the Ghetto parents! There should be zero tollorance for BULLYING!!

Haley T Elementary School 2

Posted April 09, 2013
The cafeter a custodian Clean the tables of the caf with the dirty broom that he uses to sweep the floor and the ladies that are monitoring tables shout all the time to the children, I do not recommend this school

Posted February 19, 2012
I love Thomas Haley it is such a welcoming school the princpal is great the teachers are amazing espically Mr. Rockett and Ms. Phillips. I would reccomend this school to any one.

Posted July 11, 2007
I am a teacher here at Thomas Haley. I have no doubt this is where I am supposed to be. I absolutely feel supported by both the administration and parents. The principals at T. Haley are so caring. They truly love their jobs and helping children in any way they can. Their doors are always open to teachers and parents when they are needed. The parents of Thomas Haley students are very special. I have had nothing but supportive parents who I can call to brag about their children or express concern. They seem to appreciate the parent/teacher contact. These last few years have been a time of growth for our school. The PTA has grown tremendously, parents are getting more involved, and our TAKS scores have risen each year! I look forward to seeing what else happens at T.Haley. Go Horned Frogs!

Haley T Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2006
This is my child's first year attending and coming from the school district that she previously attending this is a great school. She enjoys each day. I am pleasantly surprised at the involvement of the staff. It feels good in knowing my child is actually learning something instead being 'babysat'.

Posted September 02, 2006
Every morning upon entering the school, you will find the principal standing in the hallway giving each student a High-five as they pass by. Teachers are very friendly and I have always found that they communicate concerns and progress often. My child has been attending T. Haley for 4 years and every year is better than the previous. Extra help is always available when it comes to academic progress. My child has come to enjoy school. I credit this to the way this school is run and the heart of the teachers and administrators.

Posted August 03, 2006
My child is entering 1st grade in the fall and I have to say we are very pleased with Thomas Haley so far. The principal is wonderful...very visible and accessible, knows many students by name and teachers seem happy with him and all the administrators. Although I have limited experience, parental involvement seems okay considering that many families that attend this school might be low to moderate income and jobs may keep them from being more involved. Music and art are alive and well at the school and that is very refreshing and all kids attend PE. Teachers and administrators expect high levels of discipline and from what we've seen they've been successful at implementing strict but fair discipline. Can't comment much on academics since my son is only in 1st grade, but gifted & talented program seems to be well implemented.

Haley T Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2004
My children have been going to this school for 3 years. I have found the administrators to be very professional and concerned about the students. Many times when I comes home from work, they are still at school making sure everything is taking care of. They have numerous training workshops for parents to help them prepare their child for TAKS (childcare provided). In addition, I enjoyed the Math Circus family night. It was a blast for the whole family. I look forward to my children attending T. Haley next year.

Haley T Elementary School 1

Posted December 31, 2003
This school has a stale, cold feeling upon entering, and principals have a less than friendly air that is military in nature. Despite the lack of good administration, teachers are quite accomodating and parental contact seems priority. Technology usage is emphasized while other academics take a back seat. I have voluntarily removed my child from this school in hopes of her attending a school with principals that are more in-tune with the parents and students.

Haley T Elementary School
3601 Cheyenne Street, Irving, TX  75062
Last modified Haley T Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.