Posted August 25, 2013
My children both have attended Hanes. I had one attend from 2006 until 2012 (all 6 years). I also have one that has gone from 2009 and is presently going into the 4th grade. I love this school so much that when we moved out of their boundry I have had them transferred. The teachers are great. They work very hard to help all the children succeed. They help children who are struggling with reading and math by having after school tutoring. Teachers work for very little money with a low budget. Most the time they have to buy their own extra supplies or any thing else they need for their class. I believe the negative reviews probably have another story because no Hanes teacher would ever say just fail its ok. Parents need to realize they have to put in work at home too. I know shocking that you would actually have to do something with your own kid. And no I am not a teacher just a teacher advocate.

Posted August 16, 2013
My daughter has been going to Hanes for the past 2 years and will be going into 4th grade this year. I think this school and the teachers are awesome! Not sure about the bad reviews written on here, but I have never had any problems with this school. We did have some issues with a child in my daughter's class, but the principal and the couselor got involved and immediately removed the child from the classroom. I give Hanes 5 Gold Stars!

Posted July 05, 2012
This school is horrible!My daughter transferred here from another state and was younger than her classmates so we expected some difficulties while she caught up but they just don't care there.She went from being an A/B student to failing 4th grade and being retained.She does have ADHD and can be hard to make concentrate but the teacher didn't even bother. If she choose to not do her work she was told that s ok and just got a 0. She had 3 teachers this year because hers was out on maternity leave for 4 months and that had a big negative impact on her education but the school insists that the only thing they can do is hold her back and hope for a better out come next year.I asked for a review for special services when she started in August and they finally got around to it in March and said she was "academically doing fine" so she didn't qualify for any help.Really?Over the summer she s going to miraculously not have ADHD and be able to concentrate?If failing is considered academically fine by their standards then she will not be attending next year. I have pulled her out and decided to homeschool.I encourage all parents to do whatever they can to keep their kids out of this school.

Posted June 01, 2012
This school is has not benefited my Kindergarten son. The teacher was bias, negative, unsupportive and offensive. She had very poor teaching skills and no motivation for my child to do his best. Any work my son excelled in was not revealed to me, but things he did not do well on was sent home in a folder. This school's staff really needs training in diversity. I was not given pertinent information, such as Spelling Bees or Awards Ceremonies. These are things I had to find out for myself, if at all.

Hanes Elementary School 2

Posted March 26, 2012
This is my daughter's third year hear and she has been blessed to have really great teachers. Unfortunately, there has been an obvious change for the worse since the new principal came on board. Not only does there seem to be a new financial focus but the way she speaks at open houses really inflicts guilt and failure even in parents like me who contribute and participate in my child's learning and class in every possible way.

Posted April 09, 2011
This school has really gone downhill since the new principal came into the picture in 2009. You can see that in 2010 every TAKS score went down and the school went from recognized to academically acceptable. The Principal is degrading to her teachers in meetings and she's inappropriate with the children. I will pull my child out of this school as soon as I'm able to move. I couldn't be more disappointed in this administration. I wish more parents would voice their concern.

Posted November 30, 2008
My child has been at Hanes since 1st grade and is now in 4th. The teachers at Hanes are dedicated and sincerely care about the students including the principal, Mrs. Blevins. My child really looks up to her. I was originally worired about the no child left behind act, but Hanes has come up with ways to challenge the students who are a bit more advanced. Also, I must mention that the staff and PTA did a great job with the carnival this year! I really appreciate their hardwork. Christine

Posted July 17, 2007
Two of our children have attended Hanes and one currently attends. We have been very pleased with academics, discipline, teachers and the administration. Every teacher we have had at this school has gone beyond the call of duty to not only teach our kids but especially to show them how much they care. One of the teachers my child had was recently named teacher of the year by a state organization. Another teacher took the time, along with the school nurse, to help our child deal with medical issues. We are very happy with this school.

Hanes Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2005
Hanes has dedicated teachers and a very active PTA. They have a new principal and asst. principal starting in August but that should only bring good things to the school. The school population is very diverse. Students place well in art, music and other city and area-wide competitions.

Hanes Elementary School 4

Posted June 09, 2005
My daughter loved going to Hanes. I would have any future children go there also. She excelled at Hanes and she excelled in middle school. They prepared her well.

Hanes Elementary School
2730 Cheyenne Street, Irving, TX  75062
Last modified Hanes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hanes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top