Posted April 28, 2014
Love it it's the best school in Irving Texas so go to Irving high is the best you will have lots of fun

Posted February 24, 2014
I am a sophomore here at Irving High, and let me give an example of my 1 star. In my World History class (which is honors) we can do literally nothing and I mean nothing, the teacher will not care and he just lectures on for 4 days (I actually counted, no papers, nothing). Pretty much to sum up Irving high : Academics are horrid, Sports are everything, Unless you have honors classes the teachers don't really care. Also in this school SPRINGBOARD is implemented, SpringBoard is a Black and white english class book, and my god it will kill your childs creativity like no other. None of my teachers during the 2 years i have attended have had fun lessons that where interactive (Yes you may not belive me) but the reason why?? THE PRINCIPALS ARE FORCING SpringBoard!! Ever since it has been implemented the grades have statistically dropped!! Now what type of "leader" or principal is going to allow that? I'm done with my rant, please do not enroll your child at Irving High school.

Posted February 20, 2014
This school is absolutely terrible. The administrators are rude, non understanding and they talk down onto the students as if they're idiots. If I could rate below a one star I would.

Irving High School 3

Posted November 28, 2013
Good school. Not as good as MacArthur but has a lot of school spirit and great, dedicated teachers. Very good VP's!! I can't say the same for the principal, I haven't really seen her at many school events.

Posted October 13, 2009
I loved Irving High! I just graduated there, and it was such a great experience. All my teachers motivated me to keep on going to school as far as i could go. They told me to never let anyone stop me from accomplishing my goals and dream. I would definitely recomd this school to everoone trying to find a school, that really cares. and all those other negative comments, well every school can have a bad reputation, but you wont know until you see what it's like. And all of my teachers motivated me so much, and i was in all regular classes. NOW I'M IN COLLEGE AND ALL THANKS TO IRVING HIGH SCHOOL TEACHERS!!!

Posted September 02, 2009
I am a freshman and i already love this school!!!

Irving High School 2

Posted February 08, 2009
I am a current student at Irving High School, and this school could be much better, the teachers here could honestly care less unless you are in an honors class or AP classes. This school is so concerned with sports that most of the fine arts departments are overlooked, something is always broken in this school and the prinicpals are always on everyones case on unimportant things instead of trying to deal with bigger problems. I would say that there is a lot of issues that this school needs to resolve and if I could go to another high school I would.

Posted February 18, 2008

Posted January 29, 2008
Irving High is the best possible place for my son. He is exposed to diversity, great teachers, superior academics, and traditional school spirit. He will be ready for the world as it really is.

Posted December 05, 2007

Irving High School
900 North O'Connor Road, Irving, TX  75061
Last modified Irving High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Irving High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top