Bad
Good

Teachers at this school are so unprofessional! My student knows more about what their teacher did over the weekend, who they're dating, where they live etc. than the lesson at hand. No encouragement what so ever.....teachers are more concerned with being students friend than teaching. Don't let this school fool you.........it's the WORST which is why we're moving from this ratchet area as well as other families.

Love it it's the best school in Irving Texas so go to Irving high is the best you will have lots of fun

I am a sophomore here at Irving High, and let me give an example of my 1 star. In my World History class (which is honors) we can do literally nothing and I mean nothing, the teacher will not care and he just lectures on for 4 days (I actually counted, no papers, nothing). Pretty much to sum up Irving high : Academics are horrid, Sports are everything, Unless you have honors classes the teachers don't really care. Also in this school SPRINGBOARD is implemented, SpringBoard is a Black and white english class book, and my god it will kill your childs creativity like no other. None of my teachers during the 2 years i have attended have had fun lessons that where interactive (Yes you may not belive me) but the reason why?? THE PRINCIPALS ARE FORCING SpringBoard!! Ever since it has been implemented the grades have statistically dropped!! Now what type of "leader" or principal is going to allow that? I'm done with my rant, please do not enroll your child at Irving High school.

This school is absolutely terrible. The administrators are rude, non understanding and they talk down onto the students as if they're idiots. If I could rate below a one star I would.

Good school. Not as good as MacArthur but has a lot of school spirit and great, dedicated teachers. Very good VP's!! I can't say the same for the principal, I haven't really seen her at many school events.

I loved Irving High! I just graduated there, and it was such a great experience. All my teachers motivated me to keep on going to school as far as i could go. They told me to never let anyone stop me from accomplishing my goals and dream. I would definitely recomd this school to everoone trying to find a school, that really cares. and all those other negative comments, well every school can have a bad reputation, but you wont know until you see what it's like. And all of my teachers motivated me so much, and i was in all regular classes. NOW I'M IN COLLEGE AND ALL THANKS TO IRVING HIGH SCHOOL TEACHERS!!!

I am a freshman and i already love this school!!!

I am a current student at Irving High School, and this school could be much better, the teachers here could honestly care less unless you are in an honors class or AP classes. This school is so concerned with sports that most of the fine arts departments are overlooked, something is always broken in this school and the prinicpals are always on everyones case on unimportant things instead of trying to deal with bigger problems. I would say that there is a lot of issues that this school needs to resolve and if I could go to another high school I would.

Irving High is the best possible place for my son. He is exposed to diversity, great teachers, superior academics, and traditional school spirit. He will be ready for the world as it really is.

I'm a student in Irving High School and I have to say that the school is going terribly downhill. I might sound like a student that just wants to bash her school, but I actually am interested in learning, and Irving High isn't the best place. There's no interest in academics in Irving High, only sports. The fine arts department and other electives get no attention on a school that only worries about athleticism. Teachers there are great, but sadly only Pre-AP and AP classes are worthwhile since regular classes feel like a prison. There's also a lot of gang issues going on between the students, and there's no discipline in the school. Because of the gang problems, the students that value their education are being treated like delinquents. There's much room for improvement in this school, and it would be better if those in charge actually took action.

Last modified Irving High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.