Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

The teachers are helpful and involved in my kid and his progress. He has grown from the quiet kid to an outspoken young man

Teachers and staff are friendly. My daughter seems to enjoy attending as johnston

A.S. Johnston is a fantastic school! The teachers, principals & staff are all amazing!! My boys look forward to going to school each day & are disappointed if they are sick & have to miss a day!!

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My son started with the Life classes and he is now in regular education getting all the help he needs

This school offers a full range of academic services including special education, bilingual and ESL services, dyslexia services and gifted and talented services! They also have different clubs like Student Council, Destination Imagination and Jaguar Choir! Amazing campus. Administration is welcoming and reliable! Engaged teachers with students and parents! Excellent.

My two oldest daughters came to Johnston from another Irving ISD school. There are not words to Thank enough to all of them starting with the Principal and Teachers, they worked with my youngest daughter with all of her accommodations. She improved tremendously in all areas (grades, social,confidence,etc). School uses all tools available to communicate with us all the time. Teachers are involved 100% in our kids' success. They are always proactive, looking for ways to improve in all areas and help our kids to achieve their goals.Thanks Mr. Pollard for leading the amazing Johnston's team.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD and Asperger's Syndrome and school has always been there to help her to achieve all her goals.

My daughter started attending in 4th grade. Her teachers were the best and helped my child gain confidence. She excelled and made great strides ina very short period of time. One of her teachers asked her to try out for Destination Imagination. The team won regionals and placed 7th in the State. I know have a 5th grader and Kindergartener. They love their school!

My children attended AS Johnston in the 90's, and now my grandchild is attending his 2nd year. The school has improved, greatly. In the 90's I ended up pulling my children out and homeschooling them. However, I believe my grandchild is receiving top-notch education. The teachers are available, daily, for conferencing. They always answer their email. The teachers seem to be sincerly concerned about the child's progress. The principal is very approachable and actively involved in the daily operations of the school. The classes are small (in spite of the operation cuts). I would highly recomend this school.

Would not reccommend this school to anyone. Three of my children have gone here, and I regret daily my decision to move into the neighborhood so they could attend a 'better school.' Communication between teachers and parents does not exist. Principal has a very condesending attitude, and only TAKS skills are taught. When my oldest child went on to 6th grade in the GT program, his new teachers have commented that he is far behind other students who attended other IISD schools.

Last modified Johnston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.