Posted February 17, 2010

Lamar Middle School 5

Posted September 28, 2007
My daughter is in the GT program and she is receiving a top notch education, on par with that of any private school. I myself am a teacher and I am glad she is at Lamar.

Lamar Middle School 4

Posted May 30, 2007
I have two granddaughters attending Lamar. Before attending Lamar they were D and F students and now they are on the NJHS (National Junior Honor Society) because of teacher/guardian involvement. Parents you must be involved in your child's education. Lamar has a wonderful music department and very dedicated teachers. The teachers avail themselves before and after school for any child that needs or wants extra help. The school has a crime stoppers program where the students work with an Irving Police Officer to be eyes and ears.

Lamar Middle School 4

Posted May 21, 2007
I have a daughter who goes there and she loves her gt teachers. I have met them myself and they are a great help to her. She comes to tutoring and they help her as much as they can. I think that the two year excelled teachers are great.

Lamar Middle School 2

Posted June 22, 2006
I am the parent of a kid who just finished 8th grade at lamar. While most of the teachers werent bad, the principal did not do a good job of controlling the school. The pta there is amazing! Two out of the three vice principals are amazing and take great care of the kids. The school has horrible bathrooms and locker rooms.

Posted May 02, 2006
I am ready to get out of this school....The administrative staff are rude and disrespectful to the parents.

Lamar Middle School 3

Posted April 19, 2006
- a former student
Lamar has a high percentage of Hispanic students and white students are in the minority. It has a fantastic gifted and talented program offering high school credit to 7th and 8th graders. It has various sports, a band, choir, orchestra, and annual musical. A handful of the teachers are excellent however many are not of a high quality.

Posted January 13, 2006
School was so bad we moved. The school is overrun by thugs. Teachers have little to no contorl over students. Watch your children!

Posted August 11, 2005
My child attended 'lamar middle school' from the 6th. Through the 8th.Grade. I withdrew my child somewhat early due to several reason's. Here are just a few: the 'extremely poor management', of my child's personal file's, the non-allowence of individual parent involvment, poorly trained personel in matter's of 'school security', lack of teacher's with 'proper attitude's', whom are available, and suited for the gt&honor's program's. There is a need for a trained upper administrative staff, more suited to dealing with children & those with various disabilaties. A lesson in kindness, and understanding in various situation's dealing with those who may have disabilities, is of 'dire need'.

Lamar Middle School 2

Posted April 11, 2005
Academics are average to good at Lamar. Teachers' ability is average. Both teachers and principals are rude. Music, art and sports programs are above average. However, it seems that school focuses more on these activities than on academics. My child is active in one of these programs, so I speak from experience. Parent involvement is low. PTA is a clique at this school as well. PTA does not contact parents willing to volunteer unless they are part of the clique, or connected to clique.

Lamar Middle School
219 Crandall Road, Irving, TX  75060
Last modified Lamar Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lamar Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top