Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My kids have been attending T.J Lee since our now 10 and 11 year old daughters were in 1st grade and our now 15yr old son was in 5th gtade. Our daughters are now in the 5th grade and our youngest son is 2nd grade. He started his Kindergarden year at TJ Lee in the great Dual-Language program. The staff at TJ Lee has grown with us. We love Ms. Cndy in the front office she has always been the swetest. Each and every teacher our kids have had in this school have been wonderful and always great at communicating our kids' standings in each subject they've learned. Each teacher has proven how very dedicated they are to our childs success in learning in their classes. Thank you so much TJ Lee Staff for your dedication to every student that comes through your doors. -V. Rangel

The school in my opinion treats the kids like prisoners they cant talk at lunch have to walk with thier hands behind thier backs i can go on but dont have time to and the 2 years have been awful for my son only good from this school this year he has a wonderful teacher but thats it

I am very happy with new concept , very helpful teachers and staff. very nice positive environment with lots of activities for kids. My daughter improved a lot in her both academic & social skills. Now she is going to Second grade and cant wait for the school to get started.

Excellent concept. Moved my kid from Keller ISD and glad we did. This is very helpful to build social skills along with educational skills.

Worst schooling concept. No proper communication from school management and/or teachers. My 2nd grader can't even explain for 1-2 min what she was taught in the classroom. The approach is a failure and most teachers are new and not focused on teaching yet. I repent for enrolling my kid in this school.

the communication between the teachers and parents is excellent. beautiful school.their new system in teaching is amazing. my child love the school and the teacher.

This is a major marketing ploy by Coppell ISD to get noticed with its first "net zero" (produces more energy than it consumes, using geo thermal, solar etc) elementary school in Texas. While the idea is commendable, at s price tag of $21M, it's a sheer waste of tax payer dollars (I'm told the Texas average is $7M). Also, the classrooms, or lack there of, is very troubling! I feel like my 2nd grader is a gunea pig in this grand modern experiment. Another major issue is the demographics -- Valley Ranch is not a typical American suburban, about 80% of the kids are of Indian origin (parents are recent immigrants from India). Their parents are not only extremely education focused, but also enroll kids in several after-school enrichment programs (Gideon, Kumon, Mathanesium etc.), with little emphasis on sports or extra-curriculars that help kids develop a well-rounded personality. My son already feels out if place, trying to get him transferred ASAP!

I love that school,really good teachers!!!my son love that school and ma niece too, I think that a good school.

I have always been really active in my kids education and teachers. I don't if she is still there but they had a horrible female Principal, I can only remember her by her multiple ear piercings. I had my kids in this school for one year in 2010. The vice Principal (a guy) was great and teachers were great, but the female principal rewards kids who our trouble makers and does not support the teachers. If kids make trouble or disrupted class and a teacher would send them to the office, this principal would send them back with note directing the teacher to stop sending them to the office. The Police are constantly writing tickets at this school. They run lunch like a prison system. Irving ISD is so bad that at one of its elementary schools "over half the teachers left" because Irving ISD refused to get rid of one bad apple principal.

The review posted 09/09/13 could've been my review verbatim. My daughter is in 3rd grade GT and her teachers have been excellent, her experience has been wonderful, Principal Vaughn has been very kind and available (as much as a principal can be).. My daughter's first grade teacher, Mrs. Donahoe, was not only a great teacher but one of the most amazing people I've ever met. I was in awe of her demeanor with her students and her care for what she does. I've spoken with many of the teachers and almost across the board they exude enthusiasm and compassion for their students.

Last modified Lee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.