Posted September 19, 2014
the communication between the teachers and parents is excellent. beautiful school.their new system in teaching is amazing. my child love the school and the teacher.

Lee Elementary School 2

Posted September 16, 2014
This is a major marketing ploy by Coppell ISD to get noticed with its first "net zero" (produces more energy than it consumes, using geo thermal, solar etc) elementary school in Texas. While the idea is commendable, at s price tag of $21M, it's a sheer waste of tax payer dollars (I'm told the Texas average is $7M). Also, the classrooms, or lack there of, is very troubling! I feel like my 2nd grader is a gunea pig in this grand modern experiment. Another major issue is the demographics -- Valley Ranch is not a typical American suburban, about 80% of the kids are of Indian origin (parents are recent immigrants from India). Their parents are not only extremely education focused, but also enroll kids in several after-school enrichment programs (Gideon, Kumon, Mathanesium etc.), with little emphasis on sports or extra-curriculars that help kids develop a well-rounded personality. My son already feels out if place, trying to get him transferred ASAP!

Posted August 03, 2014
I love that school,really good teachers!!!my son love that school and ma niece too, I think that a good school.

Lee Elementary School 1

Posted October 12, 2013
I have always been really active in my kids education and teachers. I don't if she is still there but they had a horrible female Principal, I can only remember her by her multiple ear piercings. I had my kids in this school for one year in 2010. The vice Principal (a guy) was great and teachers were great, but the female principal rewards kids who our trouble makers and does not support the teachers. If kids make trouble or disrupted class and a teacher would send them to the office, this principal would send them back with note directing the teacher to stop sending them to the office. The Police are constantly writing tickets at this school. They run lunch like a prison system. Irving ISD is so bad that at one of its elementary schools "over half the teachers left" because Irving ISD refused to get rid of one bad apple principal.

Posted September 17, 2013
The review posted 09/09/13 could've been my review verbatim. My daughter is in 3rd grade GT and her teachers have been excellent, her experience has been wonderful, Principal Vaughn has been very kind and available (as much as a principal can be).. My daughter's first grade teacher, Mrs. Donahoe, was not only a great teacher but one of the most amazing people I've ever met. I was in awe of her demeanor with her students and her care for what she does. I've spoken with many of the teachers and almost across the board they exude enthusiasm and compassion for their students.

Lee Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2013
My daughter has been here since Kindergarten and is now starting 3rd grade. I have loved almost all of her teachers, and the ones I wasn't in love with were still passionate about their students and teaching. I am not happy with the Public school system today, nor am I very pleased with this particular district. But considering my situation, I am pretty happy with TJ Lee. They offer plenty of events and opportunities for you to see what your child is doing and keep parents informed. I hope that the next school my daughter attends is at least this good.

Posted March 27, 2013
So happy with this school! We moved from the flower mound ISD- exemplary schools etc. I was crying actual tears about moving my kids to this school but honestly, I need not have worried! The teachers are excellent! The staff is great, the PTA is involved. My kids have gotten a great education, they stress academics, and even though I think my kids are ahead, sometimes I get a monthly report back that let's me know what's what- like, "work on times tables 6's, 7's, 8's, and 9's need improvement!" My kids get straight A's so I could be complacent, but the school sure isn't! They stress the mastery of the math facts math and track reading mastery as well. We get extra worksheets home on key areas- one time my daughter showed she needed help with Phonics, supplemental materials were sent home! The teachers are very responsive when I contact them. My son has high functioning autism, the flower mound ISD did not want to place him in GT, but when we got to the Irving ISD he was able to join GT. We have recieved tremendous support for all of his "different" abilities, including social skills classes! TJ Lee Elem. is another reason why we are so glad we moved to "Easy Irving".

Posted March 06, 2010

Lee Elementary School 3

Posted December 11, 2008

Lee Elementary School 3

Posted December 21, 2007
This year I now have 2 at TJ Lee. I think the teachers are awesome and my dealings with the office staff has been positive. However, I worry about the 'No Child Left Behind' policy directing too much attention to 'those left behind' and not on those who need a challenge. Coming from a minority upbringing that didn't necessarily have encouragement or challenges, I don't want my children to 'just' attend school. I want them to want knowledge and have ideas. I feel before long, I will need to change schools to keep them ahead of the game. Otherwise, kuddos to the teachers for working hard.

Lee Elementary School
1600 Carlisle Street, Irving, TX  75062
Last modified Lee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top