Irving, TX

Lively Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2015
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SCHOOL!! My child's teacher was out for maternity leave and some other reason for most of the school year. At least 5 months. The kids had new substitute teachers almost every day! My child didn't learn anything. NEVER had any spelling test. NEVER had any homework. It was like my child was going to the babysitter's Monday - Friday. But even a sitter understands the importance of teaching and being creative with a first grader. No one responded to my calls or letters for 4 months. The assistant principle finally scheduled a meeting on the day I decided to withdraw my child. They misdiagnosed my child with a reading disorder. Then, 3 months later, while I was withdrawing & asking for all of my child records and they said "Oh! No one called you and notified you that there was a mistake on your child's records!" UGH!? Needless to say, We ran as far away from that school as we could. I felt like my child's class was totally forgotten about. No one cared what was going on in that class room or how a bunch of 1st graders may have to retake 1st grade again because of this school's neglect! My child left there only knowing what was taught to them in Kindergarten.

Lively Elementary School 3

Posted February 15, 2014
We've had great experiences with this school. Teachers are very caring and my 1st grader received loads of support when struggling with learning to read. The principal is super attentive and impresses me every time i meet with her.

Lively Elementary School 5

Posted November 26, 2013
This school has a wonderful full day Gifted/Talented program for grades 1-5. It's located in an area with lower income, but strives to make each child feel as though they are capable of success in life. They have made my children love to come to school everyday. There are monthly nights of learning (Math Night, etc.) and programs to help parents connect with their children.

Lively Elementary School

Posted February 27, 2008
I rate this school five stars due to the teachers and thier exp and the current princapal.

Lively Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2007
The school is constantly working to improve its educational quality and I'm extremely impressed with safety and discipline programs.

Lively Elementary School 5

Posted January 14, 2004
I think this school is great! They have a good principal and nice caring teachers especially in the special education department.

Lively Elementary School
1800 Plymouth Drive West, Irving, TX  75061
Last modified Lively Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lively Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top