Bad
Good

I believe the administration and staff have done an excellent job of educating my child, in spite of the fact that there are many disfuctional parents whose children are also in that school. These are the people who complain about the job the staff has done, meanwhile refusing to admit they are poor excuses for parents.

'Children with behavior problems are let to do whatever they want'. That is absolutely not true at all! My son HAD a behavior problem and while working with the school, we found out he has learning disorders and with proper accommodations, behavioral plan, and AHDH medication he has come ALONG way with the help of Dr. Grinage and the staff at Brown. I am in contact almost daily with the school to see if anything is going on with my son; to work as a team in helping him achieve. I personally think Brown is an excellent school.

Otis Brown is a great school. I highly recommend this school. The teachers are wonderful and so is the principal Dr. Grinage. Funny how someone said in Sept. that he was horrible when he had only been principal for one month??? Sounds like a personal issue. I love the entire staff and have never had any problems.

Brown has gone down hill since the new principal Dr. Grinage has come. There is no displine and children with behavior problems are let to do whatever they want! I am about to pull my son out and transfer him!

Brown is making many changes that are causing an increase in student achievement and moral! All grade levels increased on the TAKS test and 5th grade made marked strides. The teachers are caring and professional and my children have had an incredible experience at this school. They encourage parent participation and student excellence. It is the best in irving. Good job!

My son had to attend summer school this year. The teachers were very nice. The principal, Mrs. Gorena, was there when he took the TAKS test. What a great experience. Thank you, Brown Elementary.

Both my children began school at Brown Elementary, they are now in the 3rd and the 4th grade. I have been very disappointed with the gifted program which one of my children has participated in since kindergarten. There are very limited extra curricular activities for the children. Our family is moving to another school district because of our abysmal experience at Otis Brown over the past year. The principal is a positive influence and will hopefully be able to have an impact on teachers who have been doing the same things for a long time. Parental involvement at the school is probably average.

Last modified Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.