Irving, TX

Brown Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2011
I believe the administration and staff have done an excellent job of educating my child, in spite of the fact that there are many disfuctional parents whose children are also in that school. These are the people who complain about the job the staff has done, meanwhile refusing to admit they are poor excuses for parents.

Posted August 16, 2009
'Children with behavior problems are let to do whatever they want'. That is absolutely not true at all! My son HAD a behavior problem and while working with the school, we found out he has learning disorders and with proper accommodations, behavioral plan, and AHDH medication he has come ALONG way with the help of Dr. Grinage and the staff at Brown. I am in contact almost daily with the school to see if anything is going on with my son; to work as a team in helping him achieve. I personally think Brown is an excellent school.

Posted February 24, 2009
Otis Brown is a great school. I highly recommend this school. The teachers are wonderful and so is the principal Dr. Grinage. Funny how someone said in Sept. that he was horrible when he had only been principal for one month??? Sounds like a personal issue. I love the entire staff and have never had any problems.

Brown Elementary School 1

Posted September 30, 2008
Brown has gone down hill since the new principal Dr. Grinage has come. There is no displine and children with behavior problems are let to do whatever they want! I am about to pull my son out and transfer him!

Posted July 01, 2007
Brown is making many changes that are causing an increase in student achievement and moral! All grade levels increased on the TAKS test and 5th grade made marked strides. The teachers are caring and professional and my children have had an incredible experience at this school. They encourage parent participation and student excellence. It is the best in irving. Good job!

Posted June 29, 2007
My son had to attend summer school this year. The teachers were very nice. The principal, Mrs. Gorena, was there when he took the TAKS test. What a great experience. Thank you, Brown Elementary.

Posted March 06, 2007
Both my children began school at Brown Elementary, they are now in the 3rd and the 4th grade. I have been very disappointed with the gifted program which one of my children has participated in since kindergarten. There are very limited extra curricular activities for the children. Our family is moving to another school district because of our abysmal experience at Otis Brown over the past year. The principal is a positive influence and will hopefully be able to have an impact on teachers who have been doing the same things for a long time. Parental involvement at the school is probably average.

Posted September 16, 2006
I can see that Brown is working to meet the needs of all students. The teachers are caring professionals who work diligently to make sure that their students are learning and on-level. The administration and staff always respond to parent requests and I have seen parents involved in many areas like PTA, CIC, and parent volunteer committees. I appreciate all that they have done for my children and know that student success is the goal at Brown!

Posted May 11, 2006
I was very pleasantly surprised by how wonderful the kindergarten curriculum at Brown Elementary was when my little girl began kindergarten in the fall of 2004; however, the same does not hold true this current school year, her 1st grade year. It is the polar opposite; abysmal. I am confounded by the astounding amount of children where English is the second language. The school makes every accommodation to perpetuate the fact that English is not the first languate, thus disabling the non-English speaking children from learning and becoming proficient with the language of the land... which I believe is still English!

Posted August 18, 2005
Brown seems to be struggling this year with its new principal. There seems to be a broken bridge between its administration and the teachers. This will ultimately affect its students

Brown Elementary School
2501 West 10th Street, Irving, TX  75060
Last modified Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top