Irving, TX

Houston Middle School 2

Posted June 28, 2014
Sam Houston is a great school but, it could be better.Some of the teachers are rude and complain on a daily basis. I think Sam needs more money because, they're very cheap.Also they never call or inform parents, and kids have to find information on there own.A little work here and there it could better.

Posted June 24, 2014
I've taught at Sam Houston for 7 years. Even though I'm no longer faculty there, I am still a great advocate of what these educators are doing there. Irving ISD teachers are dedicated to their students, work long hours, and provide learning opportunities for all the kids. There are staff members who have devoted 10, 15, and 20 years of service to the students of this campus alone! Send your kids to Irving and we'll help grow them into something amazing!

Houston Middle School 5

Posted October 10, 2009
As with any school, SHMS has it's minor aggravations, but overall it is a great school. There are teachers who have been there from the day the school opened working alongside new teachers to provide continuity and creativity to the education process. I transferred my child to attend SHMS and have been pleased with the education received. My complaints include the fact that there is not a lot of parent involvement in the school even though there is a PTA and opportunities are available and the lack of professional dress among some staff. Both things are correctable and I am sure that in time, they will be.

Houston Middle School 5

Posted May 04, 2009
I think Sam Houston is a great school because the students are encouraged to make good grades and try to keep the parents envolved.

Posted February 14, 2009
Some people say Sam Houston Middle School is not that good when it comes to grades, but their wrong. I am a student at Sam Houston and I do very good, i am and honor student and the teachers always help you if you need it. On some sights it says that the students don't get high test scores, but thats their decision to pass of fail. So they might not say its a good school, and i was unsure at first, but when i'd been there for a year I knew i loved that school. Now i dont want to leave!

Posted August 03, 2005
I have heard from a couple of students that they enjoy Houston Middle School.

Posted April 25, 2005
Academic programs are great, I like how the students are encouraged to make good grades with teacher and parent support in the school.They offer morning and afternoon tutoring to help the kids out. They have fun activities such as dances and pep rallies. Overall a great school.

Houston Middle School 3

Posted April 21, 2005
Sam Houston can be a great school with the right people and administaters that have those kids in line. The only thing Sam Houston needs is more money. Sam needs more technology!

Posted May 28, 2004
Principal Wall is an outstanding leader. My son has gone there for 2 years now and I feel good about the environment he is in daily. I agreed at first with the school uniforms but now my husband and I are totally against them. I visit other schools in Irving and throughout the school district I do not see enforcement. I do hope the uniform requirement goes away. Thank you.

Posted June 17, 2003
My son recently finished his three years at Sam Houston and I must say I was very impressed by the attention he received from the teachers there. We have had some family difficulties and my son was able to turn to his teachers for help, understanding and guidance. They took him in and help us both emotionally and financially. Without their help my son would not have been able to finish out his last year at that school. On top of all of it he also made the National Junior Honor Society and won an award for best football player. I love the school and hope to send my other three children there.

3033 Country Club Drive West, Irving, TX  75038
Last modified Houston Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Houston Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top