Posted October 28, 2012
This post is in response to a post on Nov. 13, 2005. I was teaching at Townley during this time period and the parent's comment about many teachers having left the school mid year, and many more looking for another school is absolutely incorrect. We have never lost more than one teacher mid year, and that was due to her family move because her husband was transferred. This person must be talking about another school. I assure you that I have never witnessed anything like what she is referring to concerning children and discipline.

Posted September 18, 2008
My child has taken several of the enrichment courses that have been offered at Townley for the past several years. I am so pleased with the quality of the teachers and the courses. We all know that music creates pathways in the brain and the chance to learn Spanish can only enrich her future career. The Love and Logic series is wonderful. Our counselors always go the extra mile. Every employee from the cafeteria, office staff, coaches, nurses, and library staff show their dedication. Thanks to the wonderful leadership of our principal and the Townley teachers. You always supply what our children need,; respect, responsibility and readiness!

Posted May 21, 2008
My child went to this school from 2-4 grade and I love this school and he enjoyed this school as well. We sure did hate that he could not stay his 5th grade year. He is at a school that is not so great. I enjoyed Mr. V and Mr. Sevier they communicate with the parents as well as the teachers.This school offers alot more extra curricular activities the school my child is at now does not offer anything. I recommend this school to anyone who is thinking of sending there child here.

Posted August 09, 2007
I will have 3 kids at Townley this yr. 5th, 3rd, and Kinder. My oldest has been at Townley since Kinder. We have had a great experiance at this school. I think Mr. V is great with the kids! And he is always willing to take the time to listen to my concerns. Very professional! Mr. Sevier has also done a great job, and we are looking forward to working with him again this yr.

Posted April 13, 2006
I was a teacher here for two years. I moved from teaching in the Dallas ISD. Irving was like going back to my hometown. Everyone from the custodians to the higher ups in the district office treated you like a human being and professional should be treated. I loved it there. Irving ISD is a technology-rich school district where 100% of all campuses have the latest computer programs to expose all aspects of it to students. I miss it everyday now that I am in another Texas city.

Townley Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2005
townley use to be an excellent school. It has fell downwards quickly due to principal, and staff no longer caring because of her. Many teachers have quit mid year, and many more looking else where. If you have a child of special needs, this is definatley not the school. They do not understand and are willing not willing to try to. Administrators look at your child as a disciplione problem that they want rid of.

Posted August 15, 2005
My son enjoyed Townley. The school has a nice open atmosphere that is also kept tidy. The students are taught to take pride in the appearance of their school and respect the environment. The faculty and staff are helpful and pleasant to speak with. As my son attended kindergarten at Townley, we didn't experience the extracurricular ativities. However, communication between the school faculty and parents was encouraged and constant.

Posted March 09, 2005
There are several great academic programs at this school. Academically, the best elementary school in Irving. Beware, there is a lot of favoritism shown to kids whose parents volunteer, it is very frustrating for those of us who have to work.

Posted February 08, 2005
Wow! I love this school. I went to this school in the 80's and now my 3 children go. My children have all done wonderful here. Mrs. Jackson (Kinder) has to be the best, bar none. Mrs. Eubank and been an inspiration to my ADHD son who barley passed the 2nd grade. Now in her 3rd grade class, he has improved so much. He actually made a 89 on his pre-Taks test. Thank you to the wonderful staff. We will be miss you dearly next year when we move to Austin. Melisa Johnson

1030 West Vilbig Street, Irving, TX  75060
Last modified Townley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Townley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top