Davis Elementary School 3

Posted September 02, 2014
So far its been good. School building is kind of old. My son's classroom looks uninviting. Teacher seems very nice. A little disappointed because it seems they split children up based on Spanish speaking and English speaking classes. Maybe I would like my non-Spanish speaking child be in the bilingual classes so that he can learn Spanish? But other than that it seems okay.

Davis Elementary School 5

Posted April 26, 2013
My son is the GT program which is very academically demanding but as a parent I love how they push the kids to do and be their best and in my son's case it shows. My son loves his teachers and his class he can't get enough of his science projects and independent studies. I've met with his teachers and principal and they're very kind and helpful. With the possibility of moving ths summer the only thing that stresses me is the thought of changing my son from this school which have my son thinking of college choices. I truly wish my son could continue his elementary years at JO Davis Elementary.

Posted March 22, 2013
I've had 3 children go to this school and its been a pretty good school til this year. I have little school or teacher involvement. So many problems going on and am never notified, the most recent thing I witnessed was the 1st school dance. In my opinion it's too early for dances but we went anyways and it was like a club up in the school. Hip hop and dance music, laser lights, risqu dancing and dressing by students, parents and staff. This was way too grown up for elementary kids and I saw a big lack of morals and bad decisions.

Posted September 17, 2012
The teachers at this school are not helpful or understanding at all . I don't recommend anyone send their children to J. O. Davis Elementary. The worst year of my life they made it REALLY BAD for my son and my family:(

Posted February 17, 2010

Davis Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2008
Over the 8 years I have been at Davis I have gone from 5-8 active parents volunteering in my room or at school to 0 or 1.

Posted December 11, 2006
I think this school is not up to 'par'. I am not satisfied at all!

Posted November 28, 2006
I think with more parent involvement we can make this a better place for our children to learn,because what their doing just does not seem to be good enough!

Davis Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
I have found over 10 years of involvement teachers at J.O. Davis go above and beyond for their students. My son learned to compensate well for his dyslexia. He is able to pass taks everytime I believe because of the great base education he received at J.O. Davis, He is now a high school student. I do believe our children need more P.E. classes but that is an IISD problem and not a J.O. Davis problem.

Posted June 15, 2006
Im very unhappy with J.O. Davis school.Academically the school is not preforming.The State of Texas gave it a Grade of F.I guess thats public school for you.

Davis Elementary School
310 Davis Drive, Irving, TX  75061
Last modified Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davis Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top