Bad
Good

Posted May 21, 2015
If you want your child to receive good education, not have lazy teachers then i advise you to keep looking. The entire office staff is very unhelpful and the principles make very rude remarks. If you are picking up your ids it will take you forever. As there is only one teacher at the very front of the line calling students out. most students are just running around so you never know where your kid is The other teachers are standing around, twirling there hair, talking, everything but helping get the students out. Most parents will not arrive until 3pm due to the unorganized "system" they have. They show little sympathy for the students or parents. Please take this is a warning of a terrible school that's failing there students.

Davis Elementary School 4

Posted April 16, 2015
My daughter started her first year of school this year (14-15) . The school may be a lil old on outside but the halls are inviting and decorated with students work. My daughter learned so much in kindergarten! Thanks to the help of her teacher. She loves her school, friends and teacher. She was even accepted into the GT program. I'm only upset that we have to move and she can't continue going. In my opinion it's a good school and they do communicate alot with emails and texts and calls.

Davis Elementary School 3

Posted September 02, 2014
So far its been good. School building is kind of old. My son's classroom looks uninviting. Teacher seems very nice. A little disappointed because it seems they split children up based on Spanish speaking and English speaking classes. Maybe I would like my non-Spanish speaking child be in the bilingual classes so that he can learn Spanish? But other than that it seems okay.

Davis Elementary School 5

Posted April 26, 2013
My son is the GT program which is very academically demanding but as a parent I love how they push the kids to do and be their best and in my son's case it shows. My son loves his teachers and his class he can't get enough of his science projects and independent studies. I've met with his teachers and principal and they're very kind and helpful. With the possibility of moving ths summer the only thing that stresses me is the thought of changing my son from this school which have my son thinking of college choices. I truly wish my son could continue his elementary years at JO Davis Elementary.

Davis Elementary School 2

Posted March 22, 2013
I've had 3 children go to this school and its been a pretty good school til this year. I have little school or teacher involvement. So many problems going on and am never notified, the most recent thing I witnessed was the 1st school dance. In my opinion it's too early for dances but we went anyways and it was like a club up in the school. Hip hop and dance music, laser lights, risqu dancing and dressing by students, parents and staff. This was way too grown up for elementary kids and I saw a big lack of morals and bad decisions.

Posted September 17, 2012
The teachers at this school are not helpful or understanding at all . I don't recommend anyone send their children to J. O. Davis Elementary. The worst year of my life they made it REALLY BAD for my son and my family:(

Davis Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2008
Over the 8 years I have been at Davis I have gone from 5-8 active parents volunteering in my room or at school to 0 or 1.

Davis Elementary School 2

Posted December 11, 2006
I think this school is not up to 'par'. I am not satisfied at all!

Posted November 28, 2006
I think with more parent involvement we can make this a better place for our children to learn,because what their doing just does not seem to be good enough!

Davis Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
I have found over 10 years of involvement teachers at J.O. Davis go above and beyond for their students. My son learned to compensate well for his dyslexia. He is able to pass taks everytime I believe because of the great base education he received at J.O. Davis, He is now a high school student. I do believe our children need more P.E. classes but that is an IISD problem and not a J.O. Davis problem.

Davis Elementary School
310 Davis Avenue, Irving, TX  75061
Last modified Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.