No rating

Holy Family Of Nazareth School

Private | PK-8 | 200 students

We are best known for early childhood and technology.

Living in Irving

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $109,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted May 31, 2014

My parents sent me to HFN because they tried to ensure that I would be receiving the best education possible. I thought the school was fine, until I transferred to a public institution for High School, and discovered that there were so many opportunities for me in terms of advanced classes, interesting people to meet, and sports to play. I know that the school was doing the best they could with what they had, but there didn't seem to be any interest in attempting to start after school programs for sports, academic clubs, or pushing talented students. Instead we had science classes that focused more on art projects and failed actors attempting to teach English. Do your kids a favor and send them someplace else where they can reach their full potential.

Posted August 5, 2013

We love Holy Family! Our children have enjoyed learning in a Catholic Christian environment along with loving and caring teachers. We highly recommend Holy Family.

Posted November 22, 2012

this school is not that good ive been there and im talking with my expeirience

Posted February 7, 2012

Holy Family is a wonderful Catholic School! We have sent our two oldest children through the school, from Kindergarten through 8th grade, and they excelled in this family environment. They did well both academically and socially. They currently attend a local Catholic High School, and they were well prepared, by Holy Family, for the rigors of high school work. Each of them is enrolled in Advanced Placement and Honors classes, and they have done extremely well with this difficult course work. We also have 3 younger children attending Holy Family. Each of them appears to be having a wonderful school experience. They like their teachers. They keep up with their class work. The have fun with their friends, and they are learning about the Catholic Faith. This is what we were looking for in a Catholic Private School.

Posted April 28, 2011

When you look at the student to teacher ratio, you think that your child will be able to get extra assistance if they are not up to standard. Do not let the ratio fool you. I thought that since this was a christian school things would be different but it was worst. I had one child graduate from this school and it was great years ago but now this school has really hit rock bottom. If your child needs help do not look for it there. If a teacher has only 10 students and lets say 2 of them need more assistance to get up to standard with the rest of the class then this is not the school for your child. When you go from 400 students to 160 there is something wrong. My child got more help when I pulled her out and placed my child in public school. The teachers are not very christian. Christian go the extra mile. I rate the school one star for having an after school program.

Posted April 2, 2009

Holy Family provides a christian family environment. The technology and teacher/student ratio makes it the right place for my children.

Posted February 25, 2009

Great school! When our son started 1st grade, he could only read with help and had to sound out each alphabet.. Three months later, my husband and I could see so much improvements in his reading skill. Right after New Year, his teacher called us for a conference. She told us that our son became one of the top readers in the class. Now reading become his favorite thing to do...we don't force him to read. He just loves to read everything in front of him - including reading stories to his little brother.

Posted February 3, 2009

I am a fairly new teacher here at HFN, but I can testify to the unity, faith, and devotion to academic muscle-building that this school embraces and fosters. Both my husband and I work here, and in these past two years we have become part of the 'family' here and can attest to the great heart that is at the center of this school. For a small school, it offers quite a lot.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 30, 2009

HFN School is an excellent Catholic school, and I am grateful that my daughter has the opportunity to attend it. I have had over 20 years experience with Catholic education and can say with certainty that HFN provides my daughter with many opportunities to excel academically, spiritually, physically, and socially. The curriculum is challenging and keeps her wanting to learn more. She is very involved in activities--sometimes wanting to do more than is possible time wise. The principal, teachers, and staff are truly caring people who know who we are and greet us as friends. It is a certainly a school that I would highly recommend.

Posted January 30, 2009

Holy Family of Nazareth has been a blessing for my children. They enjoy going to school each day, love their teachers, and are getting a quality Catholic education. They are gaining all of the tools necessary to excel in anything they want to do with their futures and are deepening their relationship with God along the way. The curriculum is always evolving and the administration continuously strives to bring the most technologically up-to-date advancements to the classroom. I have benefited tremendously from my years of Catholic education and am glad my children have the opportunity to do the same at Holy Family.

Posted October 14, 2008

Unfortunately our son attended HFN and was left there far too long. The academic opportunities were almost non-existent. The teachers are not very enthusiastic and the 'big family' is nothing more than propaganda.Our son is back in the Irving public school system and is excelling. Parents of prospective students do your 'homework' before enrolling your children at HFN.

Posted July 2, 2007

I am a former student who attended HFN for almost 7 years. When I first started going to school there, it was an awesome school with over 400 students. However, it started going downhill in academics and discipline. I started feeling isolated and like an outcast, spending my days reading. I fell far behind in my academics. When my parents finally pulled me out and put me in public school, I almost failed the first grading period. Since then I have caught up and am 2 years advanced in most subjects. I credit this to the greater opportunities in public schools. I have also met kids and teachers who are more Christian than a lot of the students and faculty at Holy Family. I am also receiving a greater Catholic education at church and home.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 13, 2007

Our children all went to HFN. We thought they were receiving a 'quality, Catholic education', but,unfortunately, they weren't. The 'big, happy family' statement is not true for everyone. Not everyone has a Catholic or Christian attitude there. After many years, time, money and tears, we made the move. This school is not equipped to handle gifted students or students who need extra attention. Children are labeled often and then are stuck with that label throughout their years there. Several teachers are very negative and set in their ways. The new principal was expected to make lots of changes but things seem to have gotten worse. I'm only sorry we didn't move our children sooner. Those were wasted years. They now have so many opportunities available to them. This school needs major changes soon.

Posted May 23, 2007

Holy Family is committed to spiritual leadership and boasts of its tight-knit community. The parents, staff members and students have blended together so well into one big family. Many families have become emotionally attached to this wonderful community. There is a particular teacher there who has made a difference in our lives - she has inspired a lot of students and we are blessed to have her in our school.

Posted April 25, 2007

I had previously attended this school and I now have noticed how bad it really was. The teachers help was very minimal, students safety and well being, low! Too many staff didnt seem to care much for bullies and what they did to other children. Overall score: 1

Posted October 6, 2006

I thought my child was getting a good education while at HFN but have found out other wise. Sorry we stayed at the school for so long. We have since moved on and struggled at first to keep up with the quality of education at our current school. I can also say that the teachers there were not the happiest.

Posted September 22, 2006

This school did not emphasize enough science when I attended. The math program was also sub par; when my little sister attended a public school, she was able to advance to math class three years more advanced than the class I was put into after finishing at HFN. My sister and I are often put into the same classes, so this was purely a result of her being able to take more advanced math, whereas I was limited in my options. The teachers were not involved enough in student life; my class managed to choke out the new students and make them feel incredibly distant and alone. The health of the individual student was not focused on. For a school that is supposed to cherish family unity and togetherness, they fell very short.

Posted May 12, 2006

Holy Family truly has a family-like atmosphere. The small class sizes and strong Catholic faith help foster an environment where students are educated in mind, body, and spirit. The school is undergoing a lot of positive change, and has the potential to offer students a high-quality Catholic education.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted July 22, 2005

Great school and fantastic in academics.

Posted September 30, 2003

I currently have 2 sons at Holy Family and am very pleased with the current direction of the school. The teachers and administration believe in the mission of the school, a strong academic curriculum in a loving, Catholic environment. My sons are receiving a solid education at Holy Family School.

Asian or Pacific Islander 16% 4%

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • PSIA District champions (2011)

Arts & music

• Spanish

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Dennis R. Poyant
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • TCC,NCEA
Fax number
  • (972) 252-0448

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer
  • Gym
  • Library
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Dallas