Irving, TX

Posted March 04, 2015
My daughter has excelled in every way at The Highlands School. Not only is she receiving a top-notch college preparatory education, but she has excellent opportunities to grow in other ways, including athletics, theater, choir and student leadership. She is supported in her spiritual formation and with service opportunities. The atmosphere of the school is loving and caring, with many wonderful families, and my daughter is very happy. We are very blessed to be at The Highlands School and willingly make the 25-mile drive to bring her there.

Posted February 15, 2015
We have been at The Highlands School for 9 years. We currently have 2 children at the school, with our oldest graduating from there last year. We have been through every grade from Pre-k thru 12th grade. What a blessing this school has been for our family! THS has a strong Catholic identity, with Priests and Consecrated women working directly with our children everyday! The character formation and values that our college bound student received has been invaluable with the experiences and friendships she has formed in college. What a great foundation to fall back on! Class sizes are small, academics are strong and students can be in any sport (sometimes multiple sports) that they choose! I highly recommend checking out The Highlands School!

Posted January 08, 2015
My 5th grader just started at The Highlands in the fall. We looked at 4 Catholic schools in Dallas area and ultimately chose The Highlands because they offer 1) a robust 3 season school-sponsored sports program (DPL league) 2) same gender classes starting in 4th grade up through HS (no other co-Ed school in Dallas area offers this!) 3) it's PK - 12 so we don't need to change school and 4) the formation is incredible and true, not staged. No matter how much research you do on schools, checking reviews, conferring with friends/neighbors... You never really know how you're going to like the school until you're there. I am so pleased with The Highlands and feel lucky that we are there. We drive 25 minutes from Dallas to get there and it's worth it.

Posted November 28, 2014
Our family came to the Highlands almost 9 years ago and our hearts have been engaged ever since. First and foremost is the formation that our whole family has received by being a part of the community not only from the on staff priests and consecrated women but via each staff person to family to individual. We have seen the school maintain a steady overall underlying virtue of charity and truth while offering formation not only for the students but for the whole entire family.

Posted July 25, 2014
PreK3 last year, starting education with the right foot, the best decision as parents we could had made, our daughther is growing in both areas, academicaly and growing in the love of God. The THS is like a big family and we are happy to be part of it.

Posted July 24, 2014
My daughter has been attending the school for past 5 years now, and we have had an excellent experience with the school. Not only are they imparting a leading edge education to our daughter, but are also instilling the life values in her to make her an excellent human being. They have high quality educators at every level to guide and mould the young minds into independent thinkers and high achievers.

Posted February 21, 2014
We are parents of a 4th grade boy and a 2nd grade girl. We love everything about the school. Fee quite low compared to some of the highly reputed schools in Dallas area resulting in high student to teacher ratio. However, the school still manages to train children with good values and education, thanks to the wonderful community spirit amongst parents and teachers.

Posted November 16, 2013
We have been at The Highlands School for the past 7 years. I am continually impressed with the academics of the school and the compassion and knowledge of their Religious support staff. The principal is passionate about education and the team at THS carries the schools mission of 'always higher'. I could not of found a better school for my children and my family.

Posted September 19, 2013
This is our second year at THS. I am very impressed with the rigorous academics and commitment to Catholic values. The average class size is 16 to 18 but our son has 12 in his class this year. The individual attention given by his teacher is amazing. She knows each child's learning preference and works hard to help each child succeed. Our first grader is reading at a third grade level thanks to the excellent foundation in phonics provided by his Kindergarten teacher. They read in small groups of 4 to 5 with a teacher. The top readers can practice material above grade level while other students get on grade level reading every day. Math in the lower school is by the Saxon method. In addition to nightly fact sheets, there is a worksheet covering math theory and concepts. Handwriting is taught in the younger grades and helps provide a good foundation for life. I am so impressed by the school's commitment to the building blocks of education. Phonics, math facts and handwriting are mastered by first grade so each year builds so such a wonderful foundation. My son is also taught compassion, respect and love for others. THS is a blessing for my son!

The Highlands School 4

Posted September 11, 2013
We have been at THS for 6 years. My son's Moral, Academically and Spiritual Formation are the best; As a Catholic School is one of the best in Texas. Thank you to all the Teachers, Priest, Consecrated, Staff and Employees for your dedication, time, effort you give to the school and the Families. God Bless you all.

The Highlands School