Irving, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted July 27, 2014
My oldest child began attending Redeemer at age 3 and is now beginning fourth grade, and has achieved very high scores in every year of Iowa Basic Skills Testing held by the school. My youngest child also started at age 3 and is starting kindergarten. We have been thrilled with the educational experience, the adherence to true Montessori teaching, and with the quality of the teachers and staff. They are receiving an excellent head start above those in the traditional schools. Both read at an early age. It is a true Montessori certified program, which is unique in the DFW area. It is a culturally diverse school, also contributing to their education. The teachers have been there many years, showing their high satisfaction and experience as well. It is a hidden gem, not fancy, but a smart choice for those committed to education and an approach toward learning that will stay with your child forever. The new director has brought new ideas and has a strong montessori background. We would highly recommend Redeemer to anyone looking for a preschool, kindergarten, and elementary education (the school starts in a toddler program and goes through sixth grade) in the DFW area.

Posted June 27, 2014
Both of my children attended Redeemer until Kindergarten, and we loved every experience. Outstanding staff, loving teachers, and great families made our time here memorable. I'm a 10-year veteran teacher in Irving ISD and often use strategies I observed at RMS in activities for my on classroom.

Redeemer Montessori School 2

Posted April 14, 2014
This used too be a very good school, but lot of good talented teachers have since left as well as the director. The new director is not very good at directing. She is their to make the yuppy parents happy. The website was last update in 2012 maybe? Be very careful as all new teachers whom are not close to Montessori certified. All remaining teacher talent is poorly trained in montessori teaching. Just test the director your self by asking about different montessori teaching concepts in multiple ways. Wait and see the answers that will tell you the whole story. THINK your kids future is at stake!

Redeemer Montessori School 1

Posted September 17, 2011
If you are a parent aware of the Montessori system of education-then you walk into a montessori school with a certain set of expectations.RMS did not meet those expectations for me.I would advise parents looking at Montessori education to personally research/talk to teachers of the school, (not just principal)before taking a call.Having Montessori materials in a classroom does not make it an authentic Montessori school.

Posted May 08, 2010
We love RMS! Our son is finishing up his second year here and will be returning for his third next fall. Redeemer Montessori does a great job of keeping the Montessori traditions without compromise. They have a wonderful Montessori based Christian education program the parents can enroll their child in which allows the child to decide how to interpret their own faith. They also provide yoga and music classes. The children are taught to respect their learning - they choose a 'work', not a toy. They are taught to respect glass and liquids from a young age and are able to develop a pride in self-accomplishment.

Posted November 10, 2009
This school is extraordinarily good. My son has attended from pre-primary to upper Elementary (he is now in grade 3) and my daughter is currently in pre-primary. The teachers and director are first rate, the program (one of only 3 AMS accredited schools in the DFW metroplex) is phenomenal, and the music program is also amazing. My son is gifted and is very challenged and happy in the program. My daughter was diagnosed at the age of 2 with a significant speech delay, but my husband and I have been amazed at how the diversity and individual attention at this particular Montessori school has allowed her to flourish and progress both intellectually and socially. The progress of both children has been outstanding. We are most happy with this school and would recommend it enthusiastically to parents who value independent thinking and who care about the quality of their children's education.

Posted October 26, 2009
I am a parishioner of the church that supports Redeemer Montessori. So, I have been involved in supporting this great school since before my child was born and there has never been a doubt that RMS is where she would attend! They have an amazingly talented and dedicated staff, all eager to keep parents informed and involved. The class ratio is well within acceptable limits and the classroom materials are wonderful! My friend who has a child in another Montessori school out-of-state warned me to 'listen' when I first visited the school to sign up my child. The sound of children engaged in learning is very different from the sound of teachers trying to control kids in between worksheets! =-) A wonderful school!

Posted May 07, 2009
Love this school! Both of my children attend Redeemer. They provide so many opportunities for parents to get involved- at school and at home. the teachers are outstanding. 4 diffent extra cirriculars are offered. before and after school care- summer sessions- it's a really family firendly and welcoming environment.

Posted March 23, 2009
my two children attend Redeemer- we are so happy here. We tried Las Colinas Montessori and really did not get a good vibe there they were not welcoming to new families and the director was quite disagreable at times. At Redemer we have felt welcomed fom day one. The Director is a very skilled Montessorian. The teachers have been there for over 15 years in many cases. Out children love going to school and they seem to be learning well at their own pace. If you are sold on montessori this is the school for you. It is very authentic and the teachers are very skilled. if you don't know about montesori- fnd out about it before enrolling- it's a differently style of teaching and in some ways is very counter cultural. i think those who were not happy with this school did not fully appreciate the montessori classroom.

Redeemer Montessori School 0

Posted November 12, 2008
This school is ok. I think the administration is well organized and it has a beautiful playground in a park like setting. The calsses are well equiped witha variety of montessori materials but there are too many kids in one class - 24 ! Kids don't get a lot of attention one-on-one. However if you are into discipline & academics, i urge you to think twice. They don't motivate or encorage students to excel academically. I am glad i pulled my child out before they were too behind than their peers. just like any school, its the passionate teachers who will make the difference and will set the school apart. We did not find that here with a few exceptions !

Redeemer Montessori School
2700 Warren Circle, Irving, TX  75062
Last modified Redeemer Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Redeemer Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top