1,036 students|Universal Academy

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)

Completely unimpressed with the school. I echo the comments of other parents - the school administration is apathetic towards the well being of the children; the teachers are woefully inexperienced; and children are just numbers to them. My child had an awful experience - he was dinged for every behavior possible. Daily he'd come home proclaiming he was a "bad boy" because his teacher referred to him as one. I have never been to a more unorganized and unwelcoming school in my life. Children are not nurtured or encouraged to grow, they are discouraged from being curious and actual learning. Do not send your child to this school, you will regret it.

The previous review was right on the money. Anyone who is considering sending their kids to this school should think twice. All they care about is making money. They don't care about the children. Universal Academy's leadership, or lack thereof, is untrustworthy and completely disinterested in truly educating the children. From one parent to another, avoid Universal Academy at all costs.

Terrible experience. No value for parents and kids. Inexperienced teachers, unwelcoming administration and all they care for is the STAARS testing results. Students are just "Name Tags" to the administration and they absolutely do not care and work based on Students need and they Do Not have the facility to help social set up of kids. Disappointed Parent!

Ms. Jobe is an exceptional leader. Her dedication and focus has helped Universal Academy continue to flourish. Congrats UA. Continue to soar.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at UA go through a very intense training over the summer. Teachers are required to pass certain milestones, developed by administration. If teachers are living up to the task expected by UA, they are put on a development plan and terminated, if they can't meet the required standards set for their professional development.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Students receive homework every school day. It reinforces what is being taught in the classroom. If I had my way, students would receive homework on the weekends as well.

UA is a wonderful learning environment for students. I feel the children at this school excel in academics and extra-curricular activities. I would recommend this school to any parent.

This is a great school! I would totally recommend this school!!! I've formed incredible, lasting relationships with my fellow learners and my facilitators. It's an incredible feeling to know that so many people genuinely care about me on a personal level.

Develops character: Agree

I had a chance to meet with the teachers and staff and we extremely happy with the customer service. It surprised me.

I love UA, my student enjoys going to school and they have opened up a lot of opportunities for my son. Best move we have ever made going to UA!

Last modified Universal Academy - Flower Mound is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.