Universal Academy - Flower Mound 1

Posted August 26, 2015
This is one messed up school. Used to be good school in the past. My son had very bad time in this school. The principal is just a puppet, the administrator runs the school who is a B****. Very unorganized and they don't care about the safety of the students at all. Saw many parents pull their kids out of this school and i did too. Parents - please check out this school first before enrolling your kids in this school.

Universal Academy - Flower Mound 4

Posted August 14, 2015
I have been a UA student for the past 5 years and i have come to feel that all of the teachers and students there have become like family.The teachers are very interactive and there is absolutely no bullying in this school,as anyone who is disrespectful or is a bully,they get a suspension or expelled.I only have 1 regret of this school,which has brought me to give it 4 stars.1) in my previous year here at UA we had kept on switching teachers and our schedules and every thing was crazy,we had 1 not so good teacher in the grade,who only focused on certain students who needed help,but totally forgot about the advanced ones,therefore because of her lack of interactive perspectives,my mental math has gone down the drain.But now i am soaring across the stars with kumon.But overall this school has done me proud,and i do agree,that during the years of 2005 or 2006 the school was a bit unprepared,but i do not suggest you go to UA for middle school,because the teachers there are worse in middle school.I suggest you should only attend for elementary.Thank you for understanding my service.It is greatly appreciated.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 14, 2015
i feel that MOST of the teachers at this school are effective,as some are not.Some good examples are ,my science teacher,who always was pretty strict but had the best reasons for it,her name was Ms. Walker and she saw all the amazing things inside all of the students and believed that anyone can achieve anything if they just believed and tried their best.She asked me one day and i told her my dream job was to be a doctor.Ever since then,she has boosted my self confidence to as high as she could get it and she started showing me youtube videos and explaining everything that it takes to know to actually achieve my dream.She is truly the BEST science teacher that has ever lived,if you get her as your teacher for 5 th grade or any grade,remember that year will be the best one of you whole life.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted August 14, 2015
i truly dont know what i feel about the homework in this school because some teachers persist on giving a lot of homework in order to boost the speed of the child's nourishing brain.Some teachers persist on teaching more in class and giving enough homework so the chils can practice or have some free time.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted August 14, 2015
This school does have a few perks in itself but all of the teachers see the very best in their students to the max that they can do and the teachers also make sure that the students leave school everyday o be the best.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 14, 2015
This school does respect all of their students with a lot of passion and by the end of the year have made sure that all of their students get the basics of being the best.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted August 14, 2015
the teachers and staff are very fun and care for their students a lot.They believe that being an exemplary school is about advanced studies and skills and also the fun with gym and sports with being nice and fit.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 14, 2015
the teachers are very kind and very appreciative with very smart talents and they help everyone with a good perspective.

Universal Academy - Flower Mound 1

Posted April 07, 2015
My happy go lucky straight A daughter is now very unhappy & is not herself at all. She is getting picked on by the teacher's to the point a teacher made fun of her socks, to the whole classroom until she cried & then the teacher called her a cry baby. My daughter then asked to go to the nurse, the teacher laughed & said, "No". The next class she asked the teacher to go to the nurse, the next teacher asked why didn't she ask the previous teacher? My daughter told her & the teacher said, "then No, you have put me in a bad situation." I met with the teachers and now my daughter is getting picked on even more (by the teacher's). She will not be attending UA next year.

Universal Academy - Flower Mound 5

Posted April 01, 2015
Universal Academy has designed the ACE's program to help balance the students academic schedule with their extracurricular activities. The administrations makes every effort to implement the students first choice with the ACE s program, but sometimes that is not always possible. The administration has an open door policy and it's important for the parents to work with the administration in finding the right balance for their students academic achievement at Universal Academy.

1001 E Sandy Lake Rd, Irving, TX  75062
Last modified Universal Academy - Flower Mound is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Universal Academy - Flower Mound Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 129 reviews. Top