Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I like Lorenzo de Zavala Irving Tx School. My daughter sounded come to this school, and we are happy, their teachers care about them, are available for your tutorials, and there are programs for parents, as now I am taking the computer class. I register to volunteer and all staff are very friendly with parents, our, parent liaison is especially friendly and all staff always appreciates our help. I like also the safety of the school. Alma D.Soto

It is an excellent school that has many programs the learner opportunities for students and parents tamvien staff is very profecional is clean and healthy atmosphere

The teachers go the extra mile for their students. Tutoring is offered before school and afterschool. The campus is clean and well monitored by the staff. Its a great place to send your kids!!

They have amazing teachers and a free after school program. The campus is beautiful and well maintained. You can tell the kids are proud to go here!

DeZavala staff is very friendly and teachers go out of their way to teach the students.. No student is let behind

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I see the involvement they have with the students. but its being a few days of school so far.

I'm a 8th grader that goes here. Honestly this school is THE WORST school in the iisd school district! Never send your kids here they'll hate it! I'm so ready to graduate out of 8th grade and get out of here! We have no fun activities here and all we do it test.

Honesty, i like this school. in the back of the school, before class, i see 6th , 7th, and 8th graders hanging out with each other. its great! Even if the principles yell at us, most of us are pretty great students and we have a bright future ahead. Us 8th graders, well we've matured a lot. We dont really cause a lot of trouble, and even if we do, they're pretty "small". & Ms.Horgan is a really good principle, she's a lot more interactive with us.

We've been really thrilled with de Zavala. The principal, Ms. Horgan, is excellent -- responsive and energetic. The GT program has been excellent and flexible for our son. The music program is simply outstanding. The choirs and orchestras are superlative. The awards that they won this year affirm the first rate quality of the musical education being offered. This school definitely deserves the commendations it has received, and I have felt at home as a dynamic and hands-on parent, with many opportunities to get involved. It disturbs me when people who have no experience of the Irving ISD do not realize its treasures. My biggest mistake was sending both kids to private school (a waste of $10,000 per year) because I was misinformed about what the public schools offered. Only when the private school failed my special needs daughter did I "luck" into the Irving ISD by default, realizing that my avoidance had been based upon sheer ignorance and prejudice. Luckily, we're there now and we are STAYING. Go, de Zavala Hawks! Go, Lively Eagles! And thank you, Irving ISD!

I reviewed this school once and appears my review has been deleted..... This school is horrible the administration is unhelpful and seems to try and talk down to the parents. The teachers are great it is unfortunate for them to teach in a district with little involvement from the parents. If you can do not allow your children to attend the Irving ISD any of the schools they are all low performing except one elementary which is exemplary.

Last modified Lorenzo De Zavala Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.