Posted June 20, 2013
We've been really thrilled with de Zavala. The principal, Ms. Horgan, is excellent -- responsive and energetic. The GT program has been excellent and flexible for our son. The music program is simply outstanding. The choirs and orchestras are superlative. The awards that they won this year affirm the first rate quality of the musical education being offered. This school definitely deserves the commendations it has received, and I have felt at home as a dynamic and hands-on parent, with many opportunities to get involved. It disturbs me when people who have no experience of the Irving ISD do not realize its treasures. My biggest mistake was sending both kids to private school (a waste of $10,000 per year) because I was misinformed about what the public schools offered. Only when the private school failed my special needs daughter did I "luck" into the Irving ISD by default, realizing that my avoidance had been based upon sheer ignorance and prejudice. Luckily, we're there now and we are STAYING. Go, de Zavala Hawks! Go, Lively Eagles! And thank you, Irving ISD!

Lorenzo De Zavala Middle School 2

Posted April 12, 2012
I reviewed this school once and appears my review has been deleted..... This school is horrible the administration is unhelpful and seems to try and talk down to the parents. The teachers are great it is unfortunate for them to teach in a district with little involvement from the parents. If you can do not allow your children to attend the Irving ISD any of the schools they are all low performing except one elementary which is exemplary.

Lorenzo De Zavala Middle School 3

Posted May 30, 2011
I feel de Zavala is a great school, I am in 6th Grade G.T. I feel it could be better if the prinncipal was more involed like my old principal (Mrs.Bowling)she promised to jump out of a plane if we got exemplary and we did. I feel our principal needs to be involed more.

Posted August 30, 2009
TAKS scores have gone way up in math over the past two years. The discipline that the students are learning is wonderful. No more sagging pants and I feel very safe in the school. I could not say the same before the 2007-08 school year. The atmosphere is positive and the students still have lots of opportunity with technology even though the laptop grant program went away.

Lorenzo De Zavala Middle School 2

Posted August 29, 2009
i used to go to Zavala. i am now a junior in high school, but my little brother is currently in de zavala. well, the school used to be a good school, but now they have a new principal (no more Mr. Bosas) and the school took a nose dive. they removed the laptop program and cut down on school spending. it's just not what it used to be :(

Posted May 23, 2008
It's just an all around great school!!

Posted January 18, 2007
I have a daughter who went to Zavala and one daughter who is currently enrolled at Zavala. Both of my daughters have attended there on transfers. I have been real happy with this school and its principal (Mr. Bosas). It's nice to see him in front of the school every morning. He really cares about his school and his students and it shows. It's not very often you find a principal who knows what's going on. Thanks Mr. Bosas for all your dedication!!!

Posted May 08, 2006
Great School! Excellent Teachers! Band director is awesome! Laptop program is very beneficial to learning and homework. Principle is wonderful influence on kids and is seen on campus everywhere. Clean campus and caring staff. Seems to have predonimant hispanic population but it diversified. Safety and discipline is upheld to its best ever by students and staff.

Posted January 11, 2006

Posted April 05, 2005
This is the newest middle school in the district. My son goes to this school and I was impressed by everything that they had to offer. The student council is especially active.

Lorenzo De Zavala Middle School
707 West Pioneer Drive, Irving, TX  75061
Last modified Lorenzo De Zavala Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lorenzo De Zavala Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top