Posted September 01, 2012
I have been teaching math since 2001, and I have taught math from grades 4th-12th. I have taught at 3 other schools besides Winfree. This is my 5th year at Winfree, and I can say this past opening week has been the best. The students now have new Toshiba Satellite Laptops in the each 40 person classroom. They have an assigned laptop to use throughout the day. We also are implementing our Award Winning Courage Program on this campus. We are offering a night school program from 5-9:10 pm for our older students who are working or have family requirements during the day, but still want to get their high school diploma. Each year we seem to get more and more students from Richland College who want to come to our campus to either complete their high school credits or to get their high school diploma while working on their Associates Degree. I understand every person has their own personal opinion or comment, but please understand that the opinion is just that. Please come to our campus to get an info packet, attend one of our Parent University Information Sessions. If you are a local business and would like to team up with some School of Business Prep Students, please see me.

Winfree Academy Charter School (Ri 4

Posted May 01, 2012
Winfree Academy has been one of the biggest blessings of my school life. The ability to do what you need at the pace you can handle, has been amazing. In my two years here I have been able to not only finish school, but also grow as a person. The teachers here are a God-send , honestly. They have been a critical part of my success. I will always think back on my time here with a smile on my face. I couldnt have finished without Winfree Academy.

Winfree Academy Charter School (Ri 1

Posted April 28, 2012
Being a former student I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone homeschooling would of been more efficient. The classes are over sized with a teacher to student ratio of 50:1. Most of the classes are online but there are about 16 computers in a classroom of 35-50. It is a self-paced program so most students sleep or do nothing. The classroom is so loud its hard to think because they allow you to talk about whatever you want and even some teachers will join the gossip or vent about there personal life to students. Another major problem is the teachers for the most part are a joke. When I attended there were two respectable intelligent teachers that were a good role model(science and history). I often found myself completing all the quarters (half semesters) and waiting a week to get a grade back meanwhile doing nothing but attending. There is no honors or AP classes so don't expect to be challenged as a matter of fact the curriculum has to be dumbed down when I repeated some courses from public school. The counselors stress to do the recommended plan but with the current system in place most students switch to minimum plan just hurting themself when they attend college.

Winfree Academy Charter School (Ri 3

Posted September 27, 2011
This school is what your child makes of it, they are not there to make friends they are there to learn! So if your child can not work at his/hers own pace with little help, they will not get far here!!! I had 1 daughter and 3 sons that went here! & its a ok place! not great BUT OK!!! They have kids who do drugs there, so what.... they have them at all schools!!!! its up to your child & what they choose to do!! I think its a good place if your child works hard, and gets the packets done, the faster they do it, they faster they are out of there!!!! GOOD LUCK!!! parent involvement ....only if they get in trouble(lol) other than that you need to just pop up at school...like I did and spy!!! (lol)

Winfree Academy Charter School (Ri 0

Posted October 03, 2009
This school has saved the education of my son and my friends sons. My son has health problems and he was losing a lot of time and PISD was threatening to prosecute him and this school has allowed him to move at his own pace, and when he is sick they do not bother us. My friends sons has drug problems and they are working with both, one doing exceptionally well and the other well we will see.

Winfree Academy Charter School (Ri 4

Posted August 04, 2009

Posted September 24, 2007
- a staff
This school has gone though many changes and all for the better,the dedicated teachers are always there to help and support.

Posted September 17, 2007
- a administrator
Winfree is different, students work a self-paced 4 hour day in the same classroom all day. The school day is very focused on academic learning and gives students the opportunity to accelerate their performance to suit themselves. Staff are truly motivated to help each student on a one on one basis. Students can learn in privacy, without being under the scrutiny of their peers. So many parents have congratulated and thanked the school for not only saving their childs education but in many cases their lives and futures. The school enrollment is kept deliberately small so that staff can know each student and their needs.The mission statement of the school really says it all 'To create a supportive, safe environment that motivates, educates and trains students so that they can graduate from high school prepared with the abilities needed for higher education, employment,and life.

Winfree Academy Charter School (Ri 2

Posted March 27, 2007
My son attended Winfree in 2006 to make up 1/2 credit. Coming from Plano ISD this was far less of an educational curriculum than expected. My son did graduate and immediately upon completion from Winfree he left and went to the military. The issue I have is we never received his diploma which I feel, if he couldn't pick it up or was not part of the little graduation ceremony, then his diploma should have been sent to our home which it never was. The school is a joke, you really get no assistance and thats quite sad. My family relocated here from another state for the purpose of attending Texas schools because of the academic level in which is taught but Winfree is a true disappointment. Take pride in any student that comes to your school and represent for all schools in spite of the size. Do better Please.

Posted March 27, 2007
Caring environment. This school provides lots of support services for studuents and families.

Winfree Academy Charter School (Ri
6221 Riverside Drive, Irving, TX  75039
Last modified Winfree Academy Charter School (Ri is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winfree Academy Charter School (Ri Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top