Bad
Good

Winfree Academy Charter School - G 2

Posted September 16, 2015
Administration at this school is far from helpful or polite. Most are on some sort of power trip and feel they need to act condescendingly towards students and talk over you when you are speaking to them. Don't bother calling for info, they clearly do not want to give it out. People are never there when they say they will be, leading to multiple wasted trips up to the school before actually leaving with what you came for. For a school who is supposed to be helping students that need it, they aren't doing a very good job. Most of the administration needs some real work.

Posted July 25, 2014
This is a school for students who have fallen behind or want to graduate early. Student success is based on their own motivation. They can work from home in addition to attending their session Monday through Friday. The principal is very knowledgeable and truly cares for students and staff. She holds students accountable for their actions as she expects them to follow the rules she goes over during their enrollment. You can call or email to check on your students progress and they usually call me or email back within 48 hours. We also receive a report card every month but your child has to bring it home. I recommend this school and campus for anyone who is self motivated to get a legitimate state accredited high school diploma.

Winfree Academy Charter School - G 1

Posted June 22, 2014
Winfree advertises itself as a school for "at-promise" ( the new term for "at-risk") students. My spouse had to prove that our child was eligible to attend. The rating of "1" was not posted at the start of the school year- I am not surprised by this rating. I have observed that while Winfree may work for self-motivated students, those who are not self- motivated will not progress. My child was attending because of the latter, and slowly crept through the year. Teacher- parent communication is almost nonexistent, even though multiple communication avenues are required on the application. I feel like we've wasted a year of schooling.

Winfree Academy Charter School - G 1

Posted September 07, 2012
As a PArent I can say that the Principal here was herself an unhearing, raging lump of flesh. She cursed at a teacher while I was in the Restroom, and didn't know I could hear her. The idea that she closed the school based on Ice accumulation and then suspended my son for leaving altho other kids were allowed to leave was ridiculous, especially in light that he was supposed to WALK HOME..........that she would not believe that he thought he saw my car ,which turned out to be the other ONE car in the city that was Identical to mine was ridiculous.. .....that we had to take another day or two off to fight such allegations at their head office were ridiculous...that she would suggest to me that my sons problems were untreated allergies and that she "Knew" all about it were ridiculous....Additionally, after viewing the treatment others were receiving here, Grapevine seems unprepared for kids who are not the norm, whether these kids are brighter or just bored...or otherwise. Grapevine seemed to be using this school as a BACKDOOR to the school district.... Try the North Tx Home School Asso.,Circleofsciences.org,Ace HomeschoolofTomorrow. Get Better.

Winfree Academy Charter School - G

Posted October 09, 2007
I'm in my 4th year at Winfree. During my time here I have seen the school grow. We are trying to increase parent involvement and last year we had over 240 parents and family members attend our Spring Open House. We are very limited as to the kinds of extracurriculars we can offer, due to UIL Rules among other factors. We also have a very active student council on our campus and they have partcipated at both the district and state level events. the Community Service Committee is called the 'Good Works Teams' it involves not only student council members but also studnets, staff and even some alumni! (Parents are welcome too!!)

Posted October 06, 2007
Speaking as a current student, I can honestly say that Winfree Academy is the best high school there is! There are three sessions to choose from, all only four hours a day! Winfree provides a self-paced environment, allowing students to graduate high school at their own rate. There is a lot of one-on-one involvement from teachers, all of which are extremely committed to the students! Students are given their own curriculum, completing work at their own pace; it is great to look back and see how much you have achieved! It creates a real sense of accomplishment. Without Winfree Academy I would certainly have dropped out of high school. Here, there is little to no peer pressure and everyone eventually fits in, finding their own niche! Teachers and staff are very caring and involved. There is no better school than Winfree! I high recommend this magnificent school!

Posted September 28, 2007
I'm a student of 2 years here at winfree. I havent been this happy or motivated in a very long time. The teacher are actually here for you. They are willing to take the time to get to know you and help you succed. I love my Teachers and love my school.

Posted September 28, 2007
Great school, great environment, great students, dynamic and challenging. There isn't another job like it and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Only wish I started teaching as my first career.

Posted September 22, 2007
Winfree Academy Grapevine mixes a highly trained teaching core with a compassionate, caring, and dedicated staff to offer students a valuable and well-rounded education

Posted September 22, 2007
First, Winfree is a GREAT school! I truly admire the student s Don t Quit attitude. Also, I believe that as a faculty member of Winfree, its wonderful to work with a staff that has an ultimate goal of teaching and encouraging each one of our students that enter our doors everyday. OUR STUDENTS, OUR STAFF & FACULTY ARE TRUE CHAMPIONS

Winfree Academy Charter School - G
6221 Riverside Drive, Irving, TX  75039
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. (214) 204-2030
Last modified Winfree Academy Charter School - G is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.