Posted June 25, 2014
The superintendent is a poor leader (former elementary principal who is a micro manager) and the principals have no backbone. The Athletic Director pretty much runs the entire district, makes more than the superintendent (if that tells you anything) and the good teachers leave after a year or two because of small town politics. Give the new superintendent and new AD another year or two at the helm and we will see the test scores goes down, college preparedness/enrollment figures continue to decrease and continued exodus of good teachers.

Posted June 23, 2014
Joshua High School is an excellent school. The STAAR test scores for Joshua Ninth Grade Campus should be included with the high school for rating purposes. Otherwise, the high school's rating is skewed. Only the lower achieving 10-12th grade students will be taking the STAAR test for classes that are typically taken in 9th grade. If you look at the test results for both schools, it's obvious. They need to make some big changes to the rating system to account for that flaw so the schools' are accurately represented.

Posted April 16, 2014
The leadership in our school district is very poor at the high school level. Instead of supporting our students, teachers and administrators find ways to discourage our students. I believe that it is time for change in the Joshua School District. If you do not have the disire to inspire our students it is time to find a job in a different field.

Posted July 16, 2013
Joshua High School is one of the very few secondary schools in Texas that is rated EXEMPLARY! Mr. Cochran and the JHS staff and teachers are among the finest in our area! We are so blessed that our kids had the opportunity to attend such a highly acclaimed academic school!

Posted August 09, 2012
I was a student at Joshua High School a few years ago and I loved my time there. I can only speak for the AP classification of classes and the teachers that taught those classes, but I found it challenging and delightful. My classes were fairly small so we were about to discuss in depth on topics that might be skimmed over in a larger class. The teachers for the most part really cared about you and often went out of there way to make sure that you understood what was going on and that they were available. Besides the academics I was involved in different extracurriculars that helped me discover a lot about my own capabilities and that helped me get great scholarships for college. My experience with Joshua High School was amazing and I will look back on it fondly I would reccommend enrolling here.

Posted November 11, 2011
i am a teacher here. i barely get paid anything to deal with these kids. the principal is a tool. he wont give me a raise. he wont fire me.

Posted July 22, 2011
It's a great school, all of the teachers are really awesome and have great life lessons that they bring into the classroom, the students are diverse and have a great understanding of accepting everyone for who they are, and finally the principal is a great school leader that has a just and fair understanding with punishments, aswell as rewards. All in all this is probably the best school in Texas, if not all of the United States.

Posted June 23, 2010
This is an exceptional school with teachers and administrators that are truly committed to providing a quality education. The teachers are creative and of the highest caliber. My husband and I could not be happier with the education our daughter is receiving.

Posted June 17, 2010
I am very impressed with the teachers and administration of this school. The atmosphere is condusive to higher learning and the expectations are high. There is zero tolerance when regarding rules and respect for authority is evident. This school is absolutely one of the best!

Posted June 17, 2010
This is an amazing school where the teachers are innovative and excited to be there. They expect excellence from all of the students and go the extra mile to ensure a positive and nuturing learning envrionment. The atheletic department is also incredible. We could not be more pleased.

Joshua High School
909 South Broadway Street, Joshua, TX  76058
Last modified Joshua High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joshua High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top