Joshua, TX

Posted October 16, 2013
This administration isn't well equipped to handle students with special needs. They are too strict and the students suffer immensely because of this. My child attended this school for several years and it really put them off of school and learning. They were constantly punished for things out of their control, for things they needed help with. The administration never listened to our needs. They were rude and insensitive. We moved into another district and the difference has been night and day. My child is happy and their grades have improved greatly. I only wish we could've moved sooner, for the sake of my child.

Posted October 15, 2013
This is the 3rd year my kids have been going to school here and I love everything about it. The teachers are all wonderful, everyone of them know all the kids and I honestly feel they treat them as one of their own. And the administrative staff couldn't be better! Reading the few negative comments I was shocked, but I then realized it was from the prior principal/administration. I'm am very happy with the education and treatment my kids are receiving at Elder Elem.

Posted February 07, 2011
I was shocked to read the awfull tings posted on here about Elder....but when I realized it was in '07 that they were submitted I understood. My children have been going to this awesome school since '08-'09 school year and LOVE IT!!!! I have never seen my children so excited about their school until they came to Elder. The teachers are magnificent and the environment overall is awesome. They have learned a lot and I can see them getting better and better in every subject. I'm thankful we moved here and will not move my chilren out of this school. Thank you Elder staff for all your hard work and dedication to our children!!!

A G Elder Elementary School 2

Posted March 05, 2009

Posted July 26, 2008

A G Elder Elementary School 0

Posted August 29, 2007
We have been at this school for many years now, and finally the changes have been made that will make this a much better place for our kids! The two administration problems that were holding it back are gone now. We can hold our district superintendent accountable for this. Thank you so much Mr. Dane, you did a great deed! It is a new dawn for elder elementary school, and we can't wait to see it soar! The Babbitt family

Posted July 09, 2007
I could not be happier with the 2006-2007 school year. The overall staff at this school is amazing. My son's first grade teacher should have won an award. She went above what is in her job describtion. She cares about every child, spends time with every child, and works with every child that enters her classroom. He was also involved in music, art, running club, copmuter lab, and really excelled in his reading. I could not be happier with the new reorganziation of the Parent Group to Kids First. They made me feel very welcome, and answered every question I had this year. Thank you to all of the Kids First Board Members! We had yet another very happy and successful year at this school and can't wait to have both my children attend next year!

Posted June 29, 2007
I completely agree with the negative comments about A.G. Elder Elementary. I am a former educator from Elder; the key word being former! It was a very negative environment overall. If you have a GT student (or special ed), look to other districts. One will not find what they are looking for at Elder!

Posted May 27, 2007
Until JISD appoints new administration to this school, Elder will continue to be an inadequate place for our children to attend. One can bring up the school's test scores, but should the TAKS test be the indicator of our children receiving a great education? A great education is more than test scores. Shouldn't our students be exposed to more than just learning how to pass the test? There is very little that addresses the individual student at Elder, and even less that addresses advanced students' needs. Group mentality is all that this school addresses, and it is devoid of individualism. Any of our other elementary schools are better than Elder ... far FAR less complaints, and MUCH happier students! A VERY Unhappy Parent at Elder

Posted December 05, 2006
I have found Elder Elementary to be a safe positive place for my kids. The teachers are great. They work with me to make sure my kids educational needs are met. I am kept informed of things with a weekly newsletter. They also have a website. Elder acknowledges my kids academic success as well as their good character. They promote positive character building through character training and it is reinforced with what they call a brand. It is a sticker, and my kids where it proudly. They have access to classes such as music, art, science lab, computer lab, P.E., math lab and library on a weekly basic. My kids have boosted their confidence in reading through the schools A.R. program. The school also teaches my kids about goal setting. My kids have experienced the benefit of reaching their goals at Elder.

A G Elder Elementary School
513 Henderson Street, Joshua, TX  76058
Last modified A G Elder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
A G Elder Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top