Posted November 24, 2014
We have had our daughter enrolled in the Infant program since she was 3 months old. we have been delighted with the care she receives from her teachers. The school is very responsive to any issues and has always been great about communicating with us! I would highly recommend them to any new parents in the area.

Posted October 29, 2014
We have been part of the Primrose family since August 2008 and currently have 2 kids enrolled. The structure provided at Primrose prepares the children to succeed academically and socially. We are amazed at how much our daughter has learned in her Pre-K class within a short amount of time; counting, phonetics, self-expressiveness. The program also has a music curriculum and parents are given a copy of the songs to play at home. We listen to these songs in the car almost daily and enjoy singing and dancing to the songs as a family. Parents are routinely informed through a weekly newsletter on what the kids are learning in the class. Our second grader also went through the Primrose program and was very well prepared for elementary school. Primrose gave him a very strong foundation for learning. He currently attends the after-school program at Kelliwood and he truly loves it. He is able to complete all his homework and play sports with his friends outside before we pick him up. Thank you Primrose!

Posted October 13, 2013
October 13, 2013 I am delighted about my children attending Primrose School of Kelliwood. Since they have been here, I noticed immediately how they are progressing academically as well as socially. In addition to that I appreciate the well balanced meals and snacks they are offered daily. I can go to work knowing that my children are in a safe, well managed environment. Ms. A. Bailey

Posted May 19, 2013
My experience with Primrose School of Kelliwood is that it prepares your kid to succeed. I see others saying that their kids got kicked out because they did not want to deal with them when they misbehaved. Do you think the rest of the kids/staff should have to use all their time on your bad kids? Not hardly. I will tell you a true story. While I was in the school, a misbehaving child was in the director's office for a time out for hitting another child. After being sent back to class, this bad kid was back in the office for biting another child. Then back a 3rd time for putting mud on others outside. Finally, for dumping a full bowl of cereal and milk on a girls head. When the parents showed up to remove this child, the dad said "You're just giving him what he wants" (not to be in school). The staff explained that the bad child interrupted the entire class and Primrose could not punish the rest of the kids by letting this continue. This was NOT this kids first discipline at the school. Now you tell me if this is a case of bad parenting, dumping an unruly kid on the daycare center. WAKE UP, NO childcare center wants these kids because their parents are irresponsible.

Posted January 28, 2013
I write this as a parent with a child that hasn't been thrown out of the school. My own view on the discipline structure is it great. I don't need my child's formative experience of school to be disrupted by kids that have their bad behavior ignored or tolerated by their parents. Having seen the way some of these kids behave at parties, and the way the parents just ignore it while their kid is misbehaving, I'm not surprised that some of them have been asked to not come back. There is a responsibility on the parent here too. Yes, I think the notice given to parents is on the severe side - I don't think that does anyone favors. Unfortunately, it was all too easy to predict which kids would be the ones to be asked to leave based on the behavior you could watch at parties - I'm talking not knowing how to share, taking toys from other kids, pushing, hitting, things like that. You can either take the view that it is kids being kids or that they should know the basics of right and wrong. I take the latter view, some take the former. If I am paying for private tuition, I personally don't want all the teachers' time taken up by dealing with kids whose parents believe in the former.

Posted January 25, 2013
My daughter has attended this school for the past 2 years. It was her first ever school experience. She loves going to school every day. I get regular notes home about her progress and weekly updates of what the class is doing. My daughter struggled to adjust to new teachers and not having mom around and the staff could not have been more helpful. They came up with new ways of helping her adjust and she now skips into school. Regarding some of the other reviews, for me, it's a positive that disruptive pupils are dealt with.

Posted August 06, 2012
I have noticed a few negative postings on here and I feel those views aren't representative of the school, the teachers, or the curriculum. I was really nervous about leaving my daughter in a preschool/day care setting as she had been with a private nanny since she was 6 weeks old, but it was time she started interacting with other children and learned the world didn't revolve around her! I researched every school in Katy! And I am so glad my daughter is at Primrose Kelliwood. Yes, there was an adjustment period but the teachers helped her come into her own and really care about the students. She hugs every single one of her teachers before she leaves at night. I frequently stop by the school and am very aware of how things go on. Those teachers have a lot of patience and are able to put up with a number of children that I wouldn't put up with so if your child gets dis-enrolled, I think that's a parental issue not a Primrose issue. My daughter is strong-willed, creative, independent, etc. and she does just fine with the "Primrose way". Plus, I love how much they focus on education. This school is a great start for the behavioral and developmental expectations required for Kinder.

Posted June 19, 2012
The first step to finding a good school for your child is research. My husband and I spent a great deal of time researching Primrose as well as other options. I can assure you that this staff does not want to "deal with" the child that is not conformed to the "Primrose way". This was our daughters first experience with any type of childcare or pre-school setting and I feel that we have made an ill choice. If a child is dis-enrolled because they are not already "trained" it adds more issues for the child to deal with such as rejection or abandonment. Teachers do show favoritism and label children as "problem children". With all of the "qualified" staff on hand there should not be issues like this. I strongly recommend taking them somewhere else. As for the director, Dana, that has been there since the day of opening 9 years ago, she has a strong sales pitch to get you in the door but please remember your child will be out just as fast if he/she does not adhere to the "Primrose rules". Basically, they do not want children that they have to "work" with. Primrose wants the child that has already "been trained". Thus leaving you child labeled as "not Primrose standard" . Accountability

Posted January 22, 2012
In regards to the recent posting, i was also told to find another school a Friday at three pm. I knocked on schools doors trying to find one, that would accept my two children with such short notice. Most of them didnt have spaces for one or the other, so i am left with dropping them off at two locations, and then going to work. But that is much better than leaving him in that place.This just shows how much they care!

Posted January 21, 2012
I have to agree with the Nov 10th review. I was given a 12 hour notice that my child could not return to the school because he was "too difficult to handle". The administration staff said to me "they had had enough" Two things to rememeber: ALL children are different so treat them as such and working parents can't find proper childcare overnight.

Primrose School Of Kelliwood
2402 South Westgreen Boulevard, Katy, TX  77450
Last modified Primrose School Of Kelliwood is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Primrose School Of Kelliwood Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top