Katy, TX
Students enrolled: 3,514

Posted May 23, 2014
This is the worst school that I have had the misfortune to have my son attend. Some teaches barely speak English, which is a problem when you are trying to teach difficult subjects. Try to set up a meeting with a teacher or counselor-good luck with that. They don't return calls or email. I called regarding grades and the teacher couldn't produce the actual paper where my child had received an F. If I could give this school zero stars, I would. These people care nothing about your children, unless maybe they are in AP classes.

Posted January 07, 2014
This school is terrible because of the principal. She successfully ruined cy springs and has now ruined cy lakes. The teacher turnover is high. There are 40 new teachers almost every year. Teachers leave during the school year and they take days off frequently. Last month i even saw two teachers at katy mills mall DURING THE SCHOOL DAY. The principal is unprofessional. I hear this from kids and teachers. My own children tell me how her teachers even laugh and make jokes about the principal when she makes announcements in the morning. i went to the school to meet with a teacher and there were hundreds of kids walking round in the hall during class. The teacher said this is everyday but the principals don't care about it so she didn't either.

Posted October 23, 2013
I don t understand the unprofessionalism and lack of interest that most teachers/coaches at Cylakes have towards a parent trying to be involved in their children s education.

Cypress Lakes High School 3

Posted August 30, 2013
Can someone answer the phone ??? How does this school not have a live person answering phones? I have to leave a message several times. What if there is an emergency? My drive is 40 minutes from my job to the school if I have a question to ask a live person. If I need to pick up my child, no one is answering !!! Irritated.

Posted May 23, 2013
I was a teacher at Lakes and I would say it is a great school. The teachers are constantly being trained on the most effective teaching practices. I have taught on level and advanced level courses and every year we are increasing the rigor and relevance of our curriculum. The school has such a diverse population and the majority of the students are respectful and hardworking. I will miss teaching at Cypress Lakes HS.

Cypress Lakes High School 5

Posted April 20, 2013
In response to the parent posting of 4/19/13. As a teacher, I take offense to the broad brush with which you made your comments. While it apparent that you have encountered some difficulty in your dealings with the school, you can not state that all hightly professional teachers have left, nor can you characterize the athletic staff as not having the child's best interests at heart. I spend many more than 40 hours/week at this school, and will state emphatically that your perception is incorrect. Our staff is highly trained, professional and focused on the success of our students. You give no detail about lack of sensitivity or lack of teaching skills. I challenge you to fully investigate the quality of our staff and training before you make such allegations. You will find that perhaps you have commented out of ignorance, not facts.

Cypress Lakes High School 2

Posted April 19, 2013
This school has really changed from last year. It seems the highly professional teachers are no longer there. The response time to emails/calls to teachers, prinicpals, counselors is very slow. Usually takes a week or so after a follow up email/call has been made. If your child plays a sport, be careful of the athletic staff as they do not have your child best interest at heart. The school would be better if some of the teachers would take a sensitivity training class & brush up on their teaching techniques.

Cypress Lakes High School 5

Posted August 21, 2012
The teachers are very helpful and understanding. Cy-Lakes also offers numerous resources at its College and Career Center in order to inform parents about college options and help students with the college process. Great School!

Posted August 21, 2012
Cypress Lakes is a great school. The college and career center has a lot of helpful resources, and the counselor helps with information regarding the financial aid and admission processes. The school also has some amazing teachers although there are some who need improvement. (Which school does NOT have teachers who need work?) Anyway, Lakes is still young, but the school spirit is strong. Proud to be red and silver!

Posted August 21, 2012
Cy Lakes High School is a great school for students to attend, it may be busy every now and then but its a great school to be in. the people are funny, the teachers are ok, but the education is great

Cypress Lakes High School
5750 Greenhouse Road, Katy, TX  77449
Last modified Cypress Lakes High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cypress Lakes High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top