Katy, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted September 04, 2014
We absolutely love this school! The teachers and staff are friendly and helpful. My son was sick for several weeks before he was diagnosed with a form of arthritis and the teachers and staff were a huge help and very supportive. My kids have done nothing but excel! I do agree with one poster that the PTA is constantly asking for money, it does get a bit excessive, but I chalk it up to it just begin a part of the area we live in.

Posted September 12, 2013
This school is excellent! We have moved to Katy from San Ramon CA which is known for quality schools in the Bay Area. The difference between Holland and the school that my daughters used to go is much. If Holland is a 5 start, the prev school must be a two or 2.5 star! We have moved to the US in 2012 and English is not spoken at our home. My both daghters (one 3rd grade. the other K) cought up with the language so well through the EOSL program. They have also developed a lot in math and science. They did an enormous development last year and it is going on this year. We have not experienced any racism (delibarately or not) from the school crew, nor from the children. They are all supportive and kind. Both my kids attended summer school and were counting down to go back to school this fall again!!! My younger daughter used to go to Pre-K last year from 8 to 10:45 and she has spent the rest of the day up to 5:30pm in Montesorry day care. I can tell she got more skills during the short time in the school rather than Montesorry. My kids love their last year teacher and still go and visit them time to time. It is a good school with beautiful people working there. Thank you!

Posted July 28, 2013
We moved to Katy for the schools. We have found a gem in Bonnie Holland. There is an infectious spirit and energy throughout the halls. The staff is highly experienced and dedicated to their students and professional growth. Most staff members are veterans with many years of teaching experience. As previous posters may not know, the district sets the guidelines for passing and failure. The principals and teachers do not. They are trained professionals who do their best to meet the needs of all of their students. I have two children who attend the school. They absolutely love their teachers and principals. We have had a great experience throughout their K-5 education. As a parent, I know that my children are in the best possible hands at Bonnie Holland.

Posted July 18, 2013
Moved here from out of state where my daughter was an A/B student, came here and her teachers wanted to fail her. The math program is far behind other states but reading is at grade level. The school is not friendly to outsiders, if your kid did not attend Kinder there you are not welcomed in the club. The school is very nice looking, clean, and fairly new. The PTA is constantly asking for $$ and the programs put on by them such as the breakfast with Santa and mediocre. Glad to say we are now is a different school and are very pleased.

Posted April 25, 2013
Not a great school. It is harassing parents because they want to keep up their exemplary rating. Instead of helping students it is harassing students. I can not force first grader to excel beyond his limits. I hate this school like anyting

Posted October 10, 2012
BHE is a stellar school with a disciplined, caring staff. Our daughter is currently a 4th grader and has attended BHE for the duration of her scholastic career. Never underestimate the positive spirit youth brings to the teaching profession! An "A" student in another district WILL have to go through a time of transition in order to continue on the same path. Our older children began in KISD though we relocated to Orange County, CA with my husbands employer for a few years. The parents there were upset because midway through the year their students were being given a number grade for courses instead of a check, plus, or minus. GIVE ME A BREAK! Ultimately being a "B" student in a structured environment that is EXEMPLARY far surpasses being an "A" student in a subpar environment. As parents we must ALL realize that educating our children ultimately is OUR responsibility. There is always room for improvement in any classroom though BHE is mostly a well oiled machine with dedicated parents. Additionally, before anyone COMPLAINS they may want to revisit their own educational inequities inclusive of proper GRAMMAR as well as SENTENCE STRUCTURE!

Posted October 09, 2012
I agree with you. The Admin are rude and the teachers are too young, they are not experienced enough, they have no idea how to deal with kids or how to teach them, it's more like getting the work done by passing the class work to the students. My child was an A student till we moved to bonnie this year. I feel like I'm doing all the work at home because his teacher is not doing a great job in class.

Posted September 02, 2011
BHE has an exemplary ratings, however, we think contrary to this ratings. We think that this school needs overhauling in its teaching staff and administration. Every time I go to the office I was rudely treated, the teachers are very young and un-professional. I attended their orientation and was greatly disappointed when my son's teachers were acted childishly. I also want to mention about the food they serve in the school cafeteria; it is horrible. This school has lot of potential but we need to find better teachers and experienced administrators before it is too late.

Posted July 24, 2010
We have been at this school since the opening and could not be more pleased. We feel so blessed to be BHE Huskies!

Bonnie Holland Elementary School 3

Posted March 30, 2010
Lots of teachers are young and new and are not very good in dealing with kids

Bonnie Holland Elementary School
23720 Bare Meadow Lane, Katy, TX  77449
Last modified Bonnie Holland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bonnie Holland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top