Calvin Nelms Middle School 4

Posted October 28, 2014
its a good school they have really weird rules in middle school and the lunch is too short fifteen minutes but here were allowed to show our shoulders and dye our hair and its really cool but i feel like theyre a lil strict but once u get in highschool theyre more lenient and the high school cafeteria is really cool it looks like a resturaunt lol and the middle school cafeteria isnt as cool but it has a tv lol here they really prepare u for your futureunlike katy isd who only cares about staar. some mean teachers but thats normal

Calvin Nelms Middle School 4

Posted May 08, 2014
I am very impressed with this school. My daughter started in the beginning of seventh grade (now in 8th grade) , and now she enjoys school. This school isn't like any public school. It isnt worksheet after worksheet and about passing state tests. In science, the kids get to use their natural curiosity and explore nature. In the highschool, they don't do normal classes. You take classes based on what career you want. The only thing my daughter hates is that there is no prom, homecoming, things like that. But there is a volleyball, basketball, and track team. Phones are not allowed at all during the school day, and detention isn't just let's-play-on-my-phone time. In "D-Hall" you clean the restrooms, and pick weeds out at the outdoor lunch area. My daughter does dislike that you can't go to the restroom on your own, class breaks only. But it is understandable since the hallways are outside. They don't put up with nonsense public schools do. Mess up once, you're expelled. They have a strict no touch rule, because of behavior of past students. The boys and girls were seperated for the 2nd semester of this year.

Calvin Nelms Middle School 5

Posted July 03, 2010
I'm a student at the school and have been here for 2 years. There are only 5 teachers in the middle school and they all work hard. I finally passed the TAKS tests. I don't think I could have in my other school because other schools just don't care. All the teachers care here.

Calvin Nelms Middle School 5

Posted July 02, 2010
I'm so sad the school is losing the principal/teacher. They always returned my calls and were available at a moments notice!

Posted June 18, 2010
My son was dx ADHD. So I thought Calvin Nelms would be an improvement with the low student/teacher ratio-sadly mistaken!!!! The middle school teachers don't show much interest in the students, especially if he has special needs. You have 1 maybe 2 teachers you can get a response from (within a week), but your phone calls mostly go unanswered. My son has never failed sooo miserably in his life!!! No one offers assistance, no one offers tutoring (they asked me to do it at home). Extra help to pass the TAKS was a hand out while a teacher put together a copier!!!! Students were told to read and answer the questions. Very disappointed!!!!

Posted March 02, 2010
Unfortunately, only a few teachers in the middle school seem to know what they are doing. My son had a terrible experience and we will never be back. Not much teacher response and sadly some don't seem to care. Has potiental to be great but it is lacking greatly.

Calvin Nelms Middle School 0

Posted September 06, 2008
Its like a normal middle school,they have structure,patients,motivation,engaging activities everything a child needs in a school,only there are less children (15 maximum per classroom to be exact)and the teachers are the most wonderful motivation systems by far.I could not ask for any better.

Posted February 12, 2008

Calvin Nelms Middle School 0

Posted December 03, 2007
My two daughters attend Calvin Nelms and they love it because they are able to get the attention from the teachers, one on one.

Posted August 21, 2007
- a administrator

Calvin Nelms Middle School
20625 Clay Road, Katy, TX  77449
Last modified Calvin Nelms Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Calvin Nelms Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top