Bad
Good

I'm a student at O.P and parents like you might not trust what I have to say because I'm 14 not 20 but I insure you that everything I have to say are completely true and based off my own experiences . Schooling:up until now the teachers I've had at Kaufman have been terrible but at O.P. they've recognized my potential and embraced it I hated school til I got here now I love it Band: it's so fun and the directors are wonderful Color guard : great Mrs.Evans created this program and we do well Athletics: getting into it is easy but playing a sport is hard they say they pick us do to performance well that's not true at all and I fell sorry for off season who have too work hard for nothing and can't play the sport they love and are good at and they endure get out of athletics speeches daily Honors classes: give good education but have harder material Clubs: mainly bass and chess both are great to be a part of Side notes: the people in this school are mainly baptist and first baptist control this school this school is a religious based school including prayer and bibles and not great for other Christian religions because if you don't attend first baptist you won't make a team

Just wanted to pass on that I know one parent who said her child hated school school until they got to Norman Junior High and her life turned around, she now loves school, that is because of the staff and the principal who demands love and equal treatment for all students. She would be outstanding at any level of the school system. The lady said she wanted her to go all the way with her through high school.

the principal does not have leadership abilities, she is more worried about targeting children whom is not related to a teacher or administater instead of working as an equal unit. Apparently she got her position because of her family holding higher positions in the school system.

The level of academic achievement seems to be competitive with other schools in equal size. However, I wish the school was able to afford more foreign language options as well as a choir program for this age group. My concern for athletics is that the children are not chosen on their abilities to perform but on the merits and credetials of their parents. I don't think that seems fair to students who really have a passion and drive for a particular sport. The chances should be fair and equal.

Last modified Norman J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.