No rating

Monday Primary School

Public | 1-2 | 621 students

Posted January 20, 2012

I am so happy that my son is out of this school.The teachers are awful and I hope by next year they have all new office staff. I have never in my life met such rude people! They way they treat parents is uncalled for. They should be happy that parents are involed in their childrens education but they are not and they want to tell you how to do things. Im so sick of their dress code and it makes my kids unhappy as well! Im serious about the teacher awful teachers. I had to correct the teachers mistakes on his homework all the time. She was marking stuff wrong that he got righht and giving him lower grades.

Posted August 2, 2008

The teachers are pretty good teachers that seem to care about their students. My concern is that the parents are not informed about the benchmark test giving to the first and second grade students. If they do not pass the benchmark test they can not go to the next grade, regardless of their report card grades. This is only required by the Kaufman School District, the state does not require the students to pass the test until third grade. My question would be why put such young children through the stress of testing?

Posted September 4, 2007

I just came back from lunch with my child. If my child talked to the aids in the cafeteria like they talked to the other students there, I think she would have been suspended. I really encourgage parents to go and observe them 'in action'. They obviously have no business being in charge of children. The issue has been raised to the pricinpal before, and she ignored it last year, and it looks like verbal beratement of the kids will be ignored this year again. If you're looking to be in this district, it gets better after you get through Monday Primary-- but it's heck getting there. Phillips Elementary is a gem with very caring teachers. I wish Monday would take notes from them.

Posted February 1, 2007

This is my grandsons first year at Monday Primary where he is in the first grade. We have really enjoyed him being there. We have noticed that each child is encouraged to do their best without being judged in any way. He has an excellent teacher who seems to be skilled and works hard to bring out the best in each child. All of the staff at Monday Primary that I have spoken with there seem to know my grandson by his name and not just as a student which means alot. I want to thank each and every one of them for being the type of leader they are and bringing out the best in not only my grandson but those children in which I have witnessed them being around. They have given my grandson the encouragement and confidence he needs to go onto the next level of education!

Posted October 2, 2006

I am very impressed with this campus. The teachers are helpful and the administration is very supportive. I have come to appreciate the small things, and I can attest to the fact that the staff at Monday Primary really cares about what is really important caring for and educating each child to his/her fullest potential. I read of the offenses people have suffered and I wish they knew how wonderful a school and principal we really have. Education is a demanding field to be in, and many things go unseen and unappreciated. Monday Primary is full of professionals that truly care about what they bring to the table each and every day.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 16, 2005

Awesome teachers!! Work well with parents! Amazing one of a kind Kid Tracs Science Lab with Awesome teacher!!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 9, 2005

This is an excellent school with great parent involvement!

Posted June 14, 2004

The experience that my child and I have received from this particular school has been disappointing at best. I felt the principal to be unconcerned with individual progress and quick to judge. Many of the teachers were helpful. My child learned more about the teachers home life than the activities in class.

Posted June 2, 2003

Monday Primary is a school that is very concerned about the education of its students. Most of the teachers are fairly new to education careers, so the students are getting all of the new concepts and ways of learning taught to them on a daily basis. I am most pleased with this school. The discipline is great and the principal is very involved.

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

Source: Texas Education Agency

• JULIE JOHNSON
Fax number
  • (972) 932-2758

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now