Bad
Good

I feel, after reading the reviews, that I need to share about the wonderful experiences we've had at Monday Primary in Kaufman. My son is currently in second grade, and my daughter attended here from 2008-2010 for two school years. (If you don't know, this school is for first and second grades only.) We were beyond pleased with the teachers and staff. I have been able to have lunch with my son multiple times this school year, and all staff members are very nice and helpful. We have had four different teachers in this school (1st & 2nd for both children), and we have been blessed by getting to know all four throughout the couse of the year. I am glad to see that only one review is recent. I don't know the situation of the most recent review, and it does sound as though they have had difficulties. We have never encountered any difficulties in communicating with any teachers at this school or any other school from the Kindergarten level up to and including the junior high here in Kaufman. We frequently tell people how much we enjoy our children going to school here. Our third and youngest child will start school in Kaufman in the fall.

The school nurse thinks she's a doctor, and constantly sends home notes - disregarding the fact that my son is being seen by an actual doctor. I don't feel that the teachers are near as concerned with my children's lack of progress as I am and I hate that when I ask if there are additional resources that can be used, the answer I receive in return is that "he's just a slow learner". My child has come home with bruises multiple times from kids hitting him up on the bus and during recess, yet going to the school accomplishes nothing. All in all.. we're moving so that we do not have to go another year at this school.

I am so happy that my son is out of this school.The teachers are awful and I hope by next year they have all new office staff. I have never in my life met such rude people! They way they treat parents is uncalled for. They should be happy that parents are involed in their childrens education but they are not and they want to tell you how to do things. Im so sick of their dress code and it makes my kids unhappy as well! Im serious about the teacher awful teachers. I had to correct the teachers mistakes on his homework all the time. She was marking stuff wrong that he got righht and giving him lower grades.

The teachers are pretty good teachers that seem to care about their students. My concern is that the parents are not informed about the benchmark test giving to the first and second grade students. If they do not pass the benchmark test they can not go to the next grade, regardless of their report card grades. This is only required by the Kaufman School District, the state does not require the students to pass the test until third grade. My question would be why put such young children through the stress of testing?

I just came back from lunch with my child. If my child talked to the aids in the cafeteria like they talked to the other students there, I think she would have been suspended. I really encourgage parents to go and observe them 'in action'. They obviously have no business being in charge of children. The issue has been raised to the pricinpal before, and she ignored it last year, and it looks like verbal beratement of the kids will be ignored this year again. If you're looking to be in this district, it gets better after you get through Monday Primary-- but it's heck getting there. Phillips Elementary is a gem with very caring teachers. I wish Monday would take notes from them.

This is my grandsons first year at Monday Primary where he is in the first grade. We have really enjoyed him being there. We have noticed that each child is encouraged to do their best without being judged in any way. He has an excellent teacher who seems to be skilled and works hard to bring out the best in each child. All of the staff at Monday Primary that I have spoken with there seem to know my grandson by his name and not just as a student which means alot. I want to thank each and every one of them for being the type of leader they are and bringing out the best in not only my grandson but those children in which I have witnessed them being around. They have given my grandson the encouragement and confidence he needs to go onto the next level of education!

I am very impressed with this campus. The teachers are helpful and the administration is very supportive. I have come to appreciate the small things, and I can attest to the fact that the staff at Monday Primary really cares about what is really important caring for and educating each child to his/her fullest potential. I read of the offenses people have suffered and I wish they knew how wonderful a school and principal we really have. Education is a demanding field to be in, and many things go unseen and unappreciated. Monday Primary is full of professionals that truly care about what they bring to the table each and every day.

Last modified Monday Primary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-2