PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 09, 2015
My daughter is in the Kndergarten 5 program at NTLA. From the moment we toured this school last year, we knew our daughter would thrive! NTLA offers a project-based curriculum, low class sizes (max 12 students per class), and a team of highly educated professionals, many with graduate degrees in their field of study. Each student is given individualized attention and teachers are able to tailor and differentiate curriculum to fit the needs of each student. NTLA is a modest yet growing school. My spouse and I have seen remarkable growth in our daughter's academic and leadership ability. We are truly impressed and plan to stay at NTLA for the long haul.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 09, 2015
I LOVE that thy don't assign homework for busywork. If there's homework, and that's not often, it's because they are focusing on a topic that needs some refining and reinforcement from parents. I love that my time at home with my son is family time and not BUSYWORK time.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
The rigorous curriculum and planning to studrnts' strengths helps them try new things and excel at things they are learning.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
I've been more than impressed how these students use manners, which has translated to home as well.

Posted December 09, 2015
Our sons loves going to school each day. He is challenged and pushed and doesn't necessarily fall into a grade level. He's allowed to individually progress at his own speed, and the teachers are meticulously involved to know what each student needs, as the classes are small and will stay that way. They have the opportunity to be involved in clubs and service opportunities, which is important to me for character development. All grade levels interact with each other, which provides the older kids an opportunity to mentor and the younger kids the ability to learn from their true peers. They participate in projects so they have a well-rounded aspect of their subjects- they all intermingle- and then present what they have learned every 6-8 weeks. I love that I can go in and KNOW what he is learning. There is a sense of community, where the parents are deeply involved. I am able to have personal contact with anyone at the school at any time. After contemplating whether we should continue in our homeschool or pursue an outside school, we were not comfortable with public school and how it would likely fall short of meeting our son's academic needs. When I toured NTLA, I immediately knew it was home for us, and we haven't looked back.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 30, 2015
The kids have homework when it is only necessary. When they do have it, it's just not to "check a box" but truly something important to their learning experience.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 30, 2015
The kids are involved in service projects consistently throughout the year. Some past projects include picking a non-profit organization to volunteer at and then create a presentation on to making items to sell from recycled goods and donating the money from the sales to a charity the kids pick.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 30, 2015
Not only do they develop it, they recognize it! Kids who exhibit these skills are recognized and they are encouraged and taught along the way to help build these strong traits.

Posted November 30, 2015
The curriculum is rich with balancing hands on learning and "book studying" which helps prepare them for upper class curriculum but also to make sure they learn by hands on experience which keeps them more engaged.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 30, 2015
I am grateful to all the staff at NTLA. They are truly dedicated to not only my kids getting a wonderful learning opportunity but also a fun experience on the way.

10200 Alta Vista Rd, Keller, TX  76244
Last modified North Texas Leadership Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8