Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I haven't heard any instances of bullying at this school. I have asked my kids again and again and they hve never indicated any issues.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I hear from other parents how well Keller does with accommodations when compared to private schools and other states.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The kids say the principal at this school really follows through on his commitments and that they are inspired by him.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

German teacher and art department are terrific. AP US History teacher is inspiring. The kids like most of their teachers.

Amount of homework: Agree

The AP classes are tough to balance with varsity sports and a job, but, the results are great.

My three kids love this school. They are in the AP and pre-AP classes, sports, and art. Highly recommend this school for anyone looking for a great education in a great community.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I am CONSTANTLY stressing about the sheer amount of assignments given (my largest areas of problem come from english and chemistry.) I struggle a great deal with trying to keep up with it all. Teachers seem to forget we have lives. Jobs. Extracurricular things we have to accommodate and participate in. They could really lay off the homework. Way back when, homework was a punishment. Now it's normal and I hate it. What's the point of going home if we're just going to spend hours finishing homework??

As a student, my self-esteem, confidence, and overall emotional disposition has plummeted since attending. I feel like a decent bunch of teachers and the majority of the administration are unapproachable. Another HUGE issue I have is with the fact that ALL of my academic teachers are also COACHES. Their priority is obviously on their coaching rather than academics. Frankly, they don't really even teach. However, they have absolutely piling on a ridiculous amount of homework. I feel like they forget that we do in fact have other classes. They're not the only ones handing out assignments and giving us test dates. Their attention is elsewhere. I feel panicked, stressed, and unprepared for tests and other significant happenings due to this. I wish I could leave the school. I am extremely displeased.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It all depends on the teachers. Some are great, some are awful, making the effectiveness not so strong but not weak either.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Some teachers don't seem to notice that students' have more to their daily life than that class. Most students try to take all the challenging courses while juggling multiple extracurricular activities.

Last modified Keller High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.