Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 25, 2016
Mrs. Urbanczyk was very kind and approachable when I needed a great deal of help with chemistry by going to tutorials. Even though this doesn't make my current class any more tolerable, it helps to know I can go to her.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted April 25, 2016
I am CONSTANTLY stressing about the sheer amount of assignments given (my largest areas of problem come from english and chemistry.) I struggle a great deal with trying to keep up with it all. Teachers seem to forget we have lives. Jobs. Extracurricular things we have to accommodate and participate in. They could really lay off the homework. Way back when, homework was a punishment. Now it's normal and I hate it. What's the point of going home if we're just going to spend hours finishing homework??

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted April 25, 2016
They give us no reason to, really. Other than the fact that they are adults and are higher up on the food chain than us. For example, the dress code. No reason to respect it. They give us a big lecture about it in the beginning and middle of the year and then don't enforce it for crap. Either instate the rules and enforce them or don't have them at all.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted April 25, 2016
Random tidbit that has nothing to do with the question but still a complaint about the school or whoever is in charge of this: we get out WAY TOO LATE. School gets out at 3:40 now. By the time I get home it's 4pm. My whole day was wasted away in a building that feels more like a prison. I don't even know what it looks like outside until I leave for the day. Ridiculous. You might think, "oh well that's what it's like in the real world when you have a full time job." Here's what i say to that: Guess what, this isn't real life, it's high school and I'm 16. I do not have a full time job. I don't even have a part time job. I'd like to enjoy being a teenager while I can, eh?

Keller High School 2

Posted April 25, 2016
As a student, my self-esteem, confidence, and overall emotional disposition has plummeted since attending. I feel like a decent bunch of teachers and the majority of the administration are unapproachable. Another HUGE issue I have is with the fact that ALL of my academic teachers are also COACHES. Their priority is obviously on their coaching rather than academics. Frankly, they don't really even teach. However, they have absolutely piling on a ridiculous amount of homework. I feel like they forget that we do in fact have other classes. They're not the only ones handing out assignments and giving us test dates. Their attention is elsewhere. I feel panicked, stressed, and unprepared for tests and other significant happenings due to this. I wish I could leave the school. I am extremely displeased.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted October 17, 2015
The parents do a great job participating to help out students, especially in extracurricular activities. Many parents take the time to support the students and help out.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted October 17, 2015
It all depends on the teachers. Some are great, some are awful, making the effectiveness not so strong but not weak either.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted October 17, 2015
Some teachers don't seem to notice that students' have more to their daily life than that class. Most students try to take all the challenging courses while juggling multiple extracurricular activities.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted October 17, 2015
yes because the students have to stick with a teacher most of the time, unless they go down a level on the subject, meaning you either adjust and stick with the subject and teacher or don't.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted October 17, 2015
I don't know if they respect the kids because the teachers don't really show it. Actually, some teachers could careless about the students' efforts and situations.

601 Pate Orr Road North, Keller, TX  76248
Last modified Keller High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.