Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

I am CONSTANTLY stressing about the sheer amount of assignments given (my largest areas of problem come from english and chemistry.) I struggle a great deal with trying to keep up with it all. Teachers seem to forget we have lives. Jobs. Extracurricular things we have to accommodate and participate in. They could really lay off the homework. Way back when, homework was a punishment. Now it's normal and I hate it. What's the point of going home if we're just going to spend hours finishing homework??

As a student, my self-esteem, confidence, and overall emotional disposition has plummeted since attending. I feel like a decent bunch of teachers and the majority of the administration are unapproachable. Another HUGE issue I have is with the fact that ALL of my academic teachers are also COACHES. Their priority is obviously on their coaching rather than academics. Frankly, they don't really even teach. However, they have absolutely piling on a ridiculous amount of homework. I feel like they forget that we do in fact have other classes. They're not the only ones handing out assignments and giving us test dates. Their attention is elsewhere. I feel panicked, stressed, and unprepared for tests and other significant happenings due to this. I wish I could leave the school. I am extremely displeased.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It all depends on the teachers. Some are great, some are awful, making the effectiveness not so strong but not weak either.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Some teachers don't seem to notice that students' have more to their daily life than that class. Most students try to take all the challenging courses while juggling multiple extracurricular activities.

Develops character: Neutral

I do not know about fairness because the teachers are not fair with the students.... like I said earlier some teachers aren't that great...

This school is ok. The big problem with me is the teachers. There seems to be a big difference in grades just by the teachers that the students have which is very sad. The teachers' way of teaching and their attitude can be either very encouraging or make the kids cry because it affects their grades and attitude towards the subject Also, as a busy students the tutorials do not help and I cannot attend them. I had a very bad biology teacher my freshman year and that ruined my attitude towards biology and my thoughts about teachers. Overall, the school is very nice and organized. The school tries hard to provide the best for the students. But the teachers are a huge issue. I would have never had thought that a teacher could make me cry because I could not have possibly have done anything about it. You can only change your teacher if you change from may ap or pre ap to a lower class which is not what most students want to do. I had a pre ap biology teacher that had no textbook ( she gave us an online textbook from the discovery channel that did not help us), no materials on her web page, no website, no nothing. simply just powerpoints, labs without really giving instructions, and notes that we took in class over the powerpoints. So we had almost no material and her excuse was that she was getting us ready for college....which was stupid.... A lot of parents emailed complaints to her which still did nothing to benefit the students. My mom hated this teacher and asked me what her deal was. Anyway, all the kids dread for some teachers and some scream of joy for others at the beginning of the year. It is depressing and stressful. The teachers are either just bad at teaching or good at teaching or the teachers are just mean. Either way, the school does not do something about it, even though I am pretty sure that they get calls from parents and that the students are unhappy. This overall problem stresses the students and the parents and this really dictates the students grades. Nonetheless, the school is great with many clubs, sports, and other organization, especially the band! This year the band is going to grand national championships~ and many other sports teams and fine arts organizations are doing great!

Great School, Our child is a freshman in College,i feel like Keller HIgh School got her ready for all she needed for college. I love their AP class programs and advanced classes.

This school just sucks i used to be a student and I left because of the way kids are threaded the drug problems in the school the way the teachers teach the way kids act towards each other

Keller High School is a great school, there's no bullying and the teachers try to help and explain the subjects very well, the curriculum is very challenging, the students are prepared for college especially if they take AP classes.

Keller ISD in general; Our kids are not going to succeed in anything with the way they are taught. I understand it starts at state level, which is more of a concern. Numbers; what all TX schools prime themselves on. Has anyone bothered to look up how the kids are doing 20+ years down the road? The way my student(s) are being taught they will be the demise of a great country; once successful at educating.

Last modified Keller High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.