Bad
Good

My son attends Keller Middle School currently. His teachers are very involved and care about his success both in middle school as well as his ability to succeed in High School. We are very happy with his progress and the environment.

I have my second child at Keller Middle School and we are very happy with the teachers as well with the music and sports programs. Good Job

The quality of the education at KMS is lacking. A KHS teacher commented that students coming from KMS are weak in English. I would have to agree. In the two years we were at this school I can say my student had two academic teachers and two elective teachers that added value to his education and enjoyed being teachers for all the right reasons. Overall the attitude of the staff about whether kids are actually learning anything and towards students is poor. With the exception of the teachers mentioned above, communication was poor as well. In seventh grade, a transition year for both parents and students, we had zero communication from teachers. An email I sent to a teacher and copied the principal on got no response from either. That's just one example. For the record, my son made A's and B's, turned in his work and was not a discipline problem. The website for KMS states "An Intentionally Exceptional Campus" In my years of teaching middle school I experienced exceptional, and I don't see the comparison.

Keller middle school is actually pretty nice! It has a lot of welcoming teachers and students. I know this because I am currently in this school and I this is my second year here. I have made quite a bit of new friends since I have been here. The teachers can be great, but not all of them..... in my opinion...

Keller middle school is a great school. I have been attending this school for two years now and I am pretty satisfied with this school. They have great teachers and students that are always trying to help in a way, even though most kids don't take that advantage.....And everyone, including the teachers and the students help you to fit in. Even though the teachers aren't the best, most of them are really nice and helpful. I know that most teachers don't really update their websites, most team for each of your class email the parents what they are teaching and update you on what they will teach. Overall, the atmosphere of the school is great!

Most of the reviews listed here are from kids who are upset that they weren't "popular" in middle school. I myself am going into 8th grade this year and admit that this school is very clique-ish. Besides the social aspects, the faculty is fantastic. I love that we have a study hall class so we can complete our homework without taking time out of our busy schedules at home. The teachers are very caring and try to spend individual time with as many students as possible. All middle schools have bullying, whether you want to admit it or not, no matter where you go you will ALWAYS run into it, so don't let that stop you from going to this amazing school.

We moved to Keller based on all the positive reviews they receive. Big mistake! Our child attended KMS for 6 months before we decided to withdraw. The teachers do not hold the students accountable. And they utilize the excuse of "we're preparing them for High School" to mask their laziness. There's a mandatory study hall class that all students must attend. However, it's not mandatory that a teacher be in the room or that they ensure the students are using the time wisely. Whenever you address a concern with the staff , teachers and counselors, they immediately place blame on the student. The teachers don't update their web pages, so you're never sure what is being covered and what work is due. Our children have attended schools in three different school districts in Texas and this is by far the worst. I was talking to a complete stranger at the market and her son attends Indian Springs and she expressed the same frustration with that school and stated they are transffering him to Southlake ISD. Beware.

I have gone to this school for over a year and I am not satisfied with it. The teachers here are mean, unhelpful, and don't know how to teach.The coaches in the athletic department are the same way. When it comes to extra curicular activities, KMS offers very few choices and none of them are good. As a student at here, i would not recomend this schooll to anyone.

Kms is one of those schools that you hope you don have to go to. The building is falling apart and their athletics department is questionable

KMS is the absolutely best middle school in KISD because we have fantastic students and wonderful parents! KMS is a great place to attend school as a student and a great place to work as a teacher!

Last modified Keller Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.