Keller, TX

Posted December 31, 2014
This school was amazing, my daugther went there 5th and 6th grade, she advanced so much in math and science.

Posted September 09, 2013
Went to school here way back in the day... and by that i mean 2005-06. Awesome 2 years, i was in aqua then silver pod. Made friends easy. Teachers actually cared. School was actually interesting to me at this time. Middle school is another story, avoid ISMS.

Bear Creek Intermediate School 2

Posted May 27, 2012
Not overly impressed with this school. My children attended 6th grade here and I feel the standards were much lower than what we came from. Almost no homework (most of which was from the internet), little to no classwork sent home, no at-home study guides prior to testing, no required reading, several subjects taught were previously covered at the 5th grade level at their old school, very little communication between the school and parents, the list goes on. All in all, I have to wonder how they got their rating of a 9. I guess when you teach to pass the state tests, that is all that matters.

Bear Creek Intermediate School 1

Posted January 05, 2012
My oldest son is in 5th grade, Yellow Pod. I am very disappointed with the teaching and level of learning. Also, communication is poor. I also don't think the leadership adequately addresses the issues. Several kids have been able to switch pods though.

Posted October 26, 2011
I am a 6th grader at BCI! i was in Aqua last year and am in Maroon this year. I love BCI! I am on student council and in drama and a straight a student. The only thing i would change is that the principal is a little too enthusiastic and that the new fifth grade playground stinks. I just got surgery and my teachers have been very helpful about getting me back on track.

Posted October 06, 2011
Great school. Great community. Concerned and involved parents. Nice children. Teachers who put in 50 to 60 hours a week trying to meet everyone's needs.

Posted June 30, 2011
Our older son attended Bear Creek from 2009-2011. This is an excellent school where the teachers take a lot of effort to challenge students and drive programs such as the Gifted and Talented program and UIL (University Interscholastic League), TMSCA (Texas Math and Science Coaches Association) competitions. Our son learnt a lot and gained great exposure through these competitions. The student body is very friendly and even though we had moved from out of state, our son made some really good friends here. The music/band program is also very good and our son learnt to play Saxophone here much better than his paid guitar lessons outside school. This school is rightfully rated as a TEA Exemplary school.

Posted June 18, 2010
All of my child's teachers were highly committed, warm and caring educators and mentors. They prepare for state testing but it wasn't over emphasized. Every time I was at the school, I saw the principal in the hall or cafeteria and she always smiled and made a point of speaking to me. Negatives: several experiences with the counseling department were disappointing. There is a some name calling and racist jokes (an ongoing problem in many, many schools).

Posted April 13, 2010
I have two children who have attended BCI. One is a 6th grader now and one attends KMS. I feel sad knowing that I will have no children there next year. It is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers! Both of my kids have thrived at BCI. I have seen vast improvement in their learning skills as well as their self esteem.

Bear Creek Intermediate School 1

Posted April 16, 2008
WOW!!! Very surprised at the positive review 3/6/08. From my understanding a lot of outstanding teachers left last year. Sending my child to this school was a culture shock. I have no idea why I didn't run after Parent Orientation.Especially coming from HIdden Lakes... Run down school, curtains broken off rods, water fountain broken along with sinks in the restroom (apparantly these have been in disrepair for years) Teachers actually laugh at kids being bullied on the play ground. My child's tough & not one that will allow himself to be thrown off of equipment or shoved. A child killing a squirrel didn't merrit a suspension. We did get the notice sent home when another child shot from an air gun at the children playing on the playground. My child basically carried a child that had been shot in the foot. He came home scared. Aqua pod Straight A student

Bear Creek Intermediate School
801 Bear Creek Parkway, Keller, TX  76248
Last modified Bear Creek Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Creek Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top