Posted August 05, 2013
Heritage is a very good school. My daughter had an awesome year last year and we are looking forward to another great year.

Posted April 03, 2013
We have had nothing but good experiences with the school. Our child's teacher is wonderful and communicates with us regularly via email. She has gone above and beyond to help our child succeed academically and socially. We are so grateful for her. We also really appreciate the guidance counselor for all that he does to help students. He has been a wonderful role model for our child. Any complaints about the leadership at the school are likely about one person whose communication style could use some improvement. She comes across as hesitant and confrontational, but when asked to explain more she is usually cooperative and more patient. Teachers are staff are still learning, too, and we need to support them in that process just as we support our children.

Posted March 07, 2013
I had all 3 of my kids go thru Heritage. My oldest one is in high school now and is top of his class. The other two are on their way to be academically successful as well. Demographics have changed a lot for this school over the years. The district probably could invest a little more on the school. There has been tremendous growth in the area. Overall teachers and specially administration do a good job considering the lack of resources. We were lucky enough to have some great teachers, many of them who are still there. Yes there are some bad apples that try to take advantage of the system, for the most part it s all good people at the school. I guess that is true of every school/work place. I would highly recommend this school.

Heritage Elementary School 3

Posted March 03, 2013
The teachers at HES are fabulous! But the principals are HORRIBLE. In every meeting I've had with them, they've been disrespectful and rude to and about the teacher--I couldn't believe it! They never smile and act like this is just another meeting for them and I don't think they even care about the kids...just something else they have to do. They act like they don't even like kids too and are not friendly. I love my child's teacher and know she is doing the best for him. I just wish the principals would at least act like they cared and wanted to help my child.

Posted December 08, 2012
We've had a great experience with HES! I have 2 kids there and LOVE the teachers they have and have had. I even have positive interactions with teachers they do not have. Both my husband and I have earned our college degrees and value the type of education our children receive and we have not been diappointed with HES. All of my childrens' teachers have done an excellent job at keeping us informed and following up on any questions/concerns we have ever had. I do feel that the principal could be more of a prescence in the school. My interactions with her are somewhat superficial. But I've never had any reason to meet with her personally as there have never been any pressing issues or concerns. The PTA has had issues in the past. I do believe your volunteer experience there is what you make of it. Just like any other place,You can choose to not get involved in the drama and the gossip. I will say that this year things have calmed down quite a bit with the prescence of a male PTA president. Overall, I've been happy with HES as well as my children and if given the choice, i wouldn't chose another elementary school.

Posted November 19, 2012
Heritage is a great school. This is my daughter's first year and I have no complaints. My child is learning in a wonderful environment. The school keeps you informed in various ways: emails, call outs, written notes

Heritage Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2012
From the principal to about 70 percent of the staff they are not engaged with the quality of education or students. Thank goodness we've moved, now my child will be going to a better school. HES is considered a C+ school

Posted October 07, 2011
What an AWESOME school!!! My child has attended HES for the past 2yrs and has had an amazing experience. The teachers at HES are wonderful and truly love their profession. HES PTA is wonderful as well. These men & women donate so much of THEIR free time setting up school events that bring the staff and parents closer together and helps create a perfect team for the students. I won't want my child anywhere else!!!!

Heritage Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2011
This would be a great school if it had a different principal. She never looks anyone in the eye and seems to only care about how the school looks and not so much about individual students. Most of the teachers are caring. The PTA was great the last few years, but this year they are not very welcoming or helpful. They were rather rude when I asked about getting a shirt for my daughter. So glad it is our last year there.

Posted July 05, 2011
All of the staff work very hard to ensure the students are given opportunities to succeed at different topics and skills. The school provides a good balance of physical education, art and music classes for every grade level. They have a good Gifted and Talented program. The parents and community get involved during several events throughout the year, including an annual, week-long 4th grade class trip to a nature center where the kids can get some real-world learning. The school could improve a little on more timely communication and student release organization.

Heritage Elementary School
4001 Thompson Road, Keller, TX  76244
Last modified Heritage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top