Posted June 03, 2014
As a student at FRHS, I had the ability to experience what this school is really all about first hand. Naturally, like many others, I was confronted with the fear of attending this school due to gossip and rumours floating about how "ghetto" this school is. Alas, it may seem this way due to the people who come and go in the community but, people who suspect that this diverse population is rather downgraded... Well, you are wrong. Perhaps it is due to the mass amount of minorities or the economic disadvantage this school has but we make it through and persevere. We may have to work harder than others and that's okay. That's what makes the next generation and builds character out of us. To include, one should not label the group due to the actions taken by certain individuals. We are a variety of personalities, ethnicities, religions under one roof. A mixing pot if you will of all great things. Fossil Ridge is truly a worthy school to put your child through.

Posted February 16, 2014
Fossil Ridge is honestly an amazing school. Everyone that I have encountered has been fairly great. I am a junior this year and have never had any problems. I think FRHS has a bad reputation simply because people see the amount of diversity and they automatically believe the worst. Not everyone is going to have an outstanding high school experience. A lot of parents only see their child's side a situation and not the whole thing so events get misconstrued. When I read some of the other comments it just breaks my heart a little that people haven't seen the good in this school. Every teacher I have ever had at Ridge has been nothing but helpful to me, and if your child is in a lower level class you should expect a lower level of teaching.There are so many kids in this school that the counselors can't drop everything everytime some whiny kid simply doesn't like their teacher. By allowing your children to act like victims they are not being prepared for the real world. So don't look at the school and say it's terrible and nothing but problems when the reality may not be the school it may be the student. Challenge your children, don't let them run. That's all I have to say about it.

Posted February 02, 2014
Great school. This is real diversity and a real world school. This is not Mr. Rogers Neighborhood where every achievement is carefully orchestrated by mommie and daddie's check book. These are real good kids doing their best to be the best with the hands they've been dealt. These kids are hard working and well manored. They demonstrate real American values by showing respect and appreciation for every student. This school, its teachers, administrators, parents and students deserve praise for what they accomplish every day.

Posted February 01, 2014
There are some comments about the diversity of Fossil Ridge. What most don't know is that the district continually redraws the lines for school so that the lowest socioeconomically disadvantages students go to Fossil Hill and Fossil Ridge. While there were some issues a few years ago, Mr. Halsey and the assistant principals are FANTASTIC. They are devoted to fostering a safe environment that is accepting of all races, gender and religion. Mr Hadley's mission is that every student has one teacher/coach that bonds with then. That's Fossil Ridge!

Fossil Ridge High School 2

Posted January 09, 2014
My daughter, an honors student and top competitor in her activities, has been at this school for 1 semester now and it's been an absolute nightmare. I don't even have the freedom to explain just what's really going on due to the level of retribution my daughter would receive because of it. Let me say this though. My wife and I graduated in the top 10% of a school ranked higher than FRHS, we've worked in professional industry for 18 years. I have 5 colleagues/friends in the district and ALL of us agree that we're highly disappointed with the district as a whole but that what we've experienced at FRHS has been the worst. If we could leave we would in a heartbeat.

Posted June 26, 2013
I graduated from this high school in 2008. The teachers provided an incredible education that helped get me into an Ivy League University. Although it can not compare to a private or boarding school, the places where most Ivy League students come from, the excellent extracurricular activities and committed teachers make this school very enjoyable experience for a student of any interest. A high school is more than just academics, the lessons learned from music, athletics, the arts, provide an education not found in a textbook. Fossil Ridge recognizes and embraces this concept. Overall, the diversity, excellent teachers, committed staff, and high standards make this in my opinion one of the best high schools in Texas.

Fossil Ridge High School 4

Posted December 30, 2012
This is an amazing school, very organized and offers great academic opportunities. It is also a very diverse school, and shows no rascism. No matter what rumors you hear, you will not be disappointed with this schools performance.

Fossil Ridge High School 1

Posted November 05, 2012
Two female students at this school was given the same punishment, 45 days in DAEP, oone girl was caught with weed in her locker. The other was just accused of smoking it based on smell but was not caught with any evidence. Is this fair or a little overboard on the schools part?

Fossil Ridge High School 3

Posted May 14, 2012
My son is a senior this year, has been going there since his freshman year and has had no problems with bullying or fights. My daughter just started attending this year (freshman) and I now see some issues with bullying and fighting. I believe it s not the school but it s the neighborhood. More rental homes are in the area along with government aid apartments.

Fossil Ridge High School 1

Posted May 12, 2012
This School has been outrageous. Ever since they started building apartment this school fell apart. Did you hear about the incident that there was a 10 year old that got beat up by a Fossil Ridge High school child over MONEY!! believe people you do not want your children going here.I am a mother of one and I would NOT have him going to this school because not only that every since there has been several fights the school does not do anything about it. They take money out of our taxes for that school to buy tv's! for their office but not better security, OUTRAGEOUS you serious got to be kidding me. All they do is suspend the same kids and have them in they same school with good kids.This school is a money eater!

Fossil Ridge High School
4101 Thompson Road, Keller, TX  76244
Last modified Fossil Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fossil Ridge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top