Keller, TX

Posted May 19, 2015
Great school! We love Lone Star! Great teachers, office staff and principal! We are blessed that both our children went here!

Posted May 10, 2015
Simply the best! Best Principal, we LOVE Mr. Hurst! The staff, and the teachers are amazing! We LOVE LSE!

Posted May 10, 2015
Simply the best! Best Principal, best staff, best teachers! We LOVE Lone Star Elementary! Definitely 'The Place to Be!'

Posted December 04, 2014
Great school. Mr. Hurst is the best! Great teachers and a warm loving environment. Love it here!

Posted May 23, 2014
Best school ever! Have had a child here since 2006. We have had the best teachers and education. Mr hurst and the office staff are top notch!! It does not get any better than lone star!

Posted August 25, 2010
What a positive environment for kids! The excellent teachers, principal, assistant principal truly care about each child and his/her success both academically and emotionally. The nurse is so compassionate and knowledgible which is important for my child with specific medical needs. The counselor is kind and easy to talk to and the campus staff is friendly and inviting. "The Place to Be" is the school motto and each staff member is diligent in making the motto a reality.

Lone Star Elementary School 3

Posted February 23, 2010
Lone Star is OK for the average student, but the teachers and the administration do little to challenge students who have already mastered the basic skills. They spend a great amount of time in test prep for the TAKS, but I imagine no more than other public schools. Nearby districts encourage teachers to engage students with technology, but it is almost non-existant here with the exception of using computers for tutorials. Students are not actively using and learning how to be technologically literate. The teachers are nice, and the principal is a very positive person. My child has been happy here, but he even knows other schools offer more. Finally, in regards to the PTA, a handful of parents really try to develop great programs/events, but there is so little parent involvment that the PTA is rather weak. I'd like to see more teachers involved in the PTA too.

Posted April 13, 2009
We are very happy with the education our child is receiving at Lone Star. This is a great school! The principal is great and the teachers really care about the kids.

Posted January 10, 2008
My child has only been at Lone Star for one year; however, I am completely impressed with everything about the school. My first grader went from barely reading at the beginning of the year to reading at end of the year levels by October. All of the staff is very friendly and involved. I hate that we are moving out of state. We will miss Lone Star.

Posted July 06, 2007
I am a parent at Lone Star and have been there a number of years. I have found it to be such a welcoming school. I believe this is due in part because of the principal Mr. Hurst. He is so encouraging to the children, staff and parents. He really was born to work with kids. Also, I think that the teachers we have had have pushed for excellence through love and discipline. The PTA is always coming up with new ways to make the school a community by offering different acivities. It really is the best PTA around.

Lone Star Elementary School
4647 Shiver Road, Keller, TX  76244
Last modified Lone Star Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lone Star Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top