Posted August 07, 2014
This is my second year going to this school and I can easily say this is an amazing high school. The teachers are great, and caring. The students are friendly for the most part and it has been just an overall amazing experience. Can't wait for this year to start!

Central High School 2

Posted May 02, 2014
Central High School in the Keller ISD is all smoke and mirrors. They are still under the delusion that Keller is still "one of the best towns in America" to live. That title left years ago! They do not prepare students for college they are just interested in the government $$$. Having transferred from the Chicago area, if I could do it again, Plano ISD would be a much better alternative. Think twice before relocating to this area!

Posted March 12, 2014
My son will graduate this year. I have nothing but positive experiences with the district overall. It has it's share of troubled students, but I feel the staff does what is in its control to curb issues.(the rest is up to parents.. unfortunately too many parents DO NOT do their job!! -it is not a school districts job to parent YOUR child.) Now, this is in part the reason we have had a pleasant experience- we parent our kids and hold them accountable ,for all their responsibilities.

Posted August 01, 2013
I am a mother of a student that came from Puerto Rico. The teacher's, the Director all of them helped him a lot to go through the transition, I am so blessed, my son had good grades. Never in Puerto Rico he got the grades that he obtain here in Central High. Again, I'm bessed and my son too, and of course he is very happy!!!

Posted June 28, 2013
My son just graduated from Central. It was a good 4 years for him. His teachers were hit or miss. Can't have all excellent teachers every class every year. All in all it's a great high school. The staff have done a great job at turning the school around and making it a safe environment for my kids to learn. My youngest will be a junior this year and i know he will do just fine. Only complaint ....needs better cafeteria food.

Posted May 30, 2012
People can sit here and bash Central High School all they want but the truth is it is a great school full of teachers that helped shape my life. As far as administratively not doing their part-hello parents that's is your responsibility to make sure your child is going to school and not skipping. They are running an entire building while you cannot manage a household. You want stricter rules-but then you say try are power hungry. Be the adult and get your children in check!

Posted August 30, 2011
Actually, this is not true. Central teachers do all they can. It starts witht he parents at home...discipline your kid therre and ithey want act out at school. Not the teachers responsibility to parent your child. I can't say enough good things about Keller Schools..just they are GREAT and Awesome!

Central High School 3

Posted July 27, 2011
I agree with parent of comment April 22. There is a huge problem with students skipping class, inappropriate conduct and nobody address it. The administration should be walking around and ensuring that the school environment is the best for learning and that the students are following /complying with rules and norms, but they do not. It is run like a college, but they don't teach the students how to act like on a college level; they are too permissive for my taste. Most of the teachers are good and students speak good about them. I am more concern about the atmosphere and the inadequacy of the student's interactions and the way their waste of instructional time due to lack of controls and supervision. The school is too crowded as well . 3,000 students is to many in one school for 9-12th graders to manage effectively.

Posted July 07, 2011
This school has great teachers and a great atmosphere. My son speaks highly of his teachers and I can see in his work he is learning rapidly.

Central High School 2

Posted April 22, 2011
This school is far too crowded and has a faculty that does not care about discipline. Drug deals & fighting happen during passing period every day. A teacher actually told my daughter in class on 4/20 that the faculty knows a large number of kids come to school high each day, but the administration won't do anything about it. So, the teachers stop caring about it. There are some good teachers who care and challenge students, but then there are teachers who can't be bothered for tutorials and questions to help kids who don't get it. They are "too busy". More like a college than a high school.

Central High School
9450 Ray White Road, Keller, TX  76244
(817) 744-2000
Last modified Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.