Posted January 31, 2014
This school is awful. I had my kid tested there for the Dual Language Program and the teacher who tested him said he did great. A few weeks later they sent a letter informing us that he had not made it, so we spoke to the director who assure me he was not good enough to be in the program due to his low test results. I explain to her he had been at Primrose and was doing well there. I almost felt discriminated so I had him tested at Brookwood elementary which is by far better school than Stewart and he passed there, which made me so upset. I found out from some moms that this school is packed with kids from many other places and they barely have spots for all of them so my husband told me not to even think about this place. Now he is attending Mossman Elementary and is in the top of his class and I must say with a great teacher.

Posted October 29, 2013
I have three children in Stewart Lavace Elementary. It is evident that the teachers and office staff all LOVE their jobs by the way they interact with each other and the kids. My children have loved their teachers every year. Staff works with you to resolve anything that may come up. I'm SO thankful my children go to Stewart.

Posted October 26, 2013
Wonderful school with dedicated teachers and staff. My child loves it and I am very impressed with the kindness, support, and atmosphere at this school.

Posted September 05, 2013
Needs major work in special education. School restrains students and has isolation rooms which are disturbing. Called daily about issues that were manageable at other schools before district switched her placement. Forgot to put her on the bus one day and the bus had to turn around for her to get her home. All in all the worst experience I have ever had. I had heard good things about them but our experience with them has been so bad we are looking into switching her to a new school.

Lavace Stewart Elementary School 3

Posted February 09, 2012
We just moved to this district and we are still evaluating the school. There are many Spanish speaking students here!

Posted August 17, 2011
They need to focus on all students not just Spanish speaking students. At times you feel as if they are biased and that if your child is not in the bilingual program, they don't care much. The gifted and talented services are not made to challenge the students, but merely to keep them busy. That misses the purpose of having a pull-out program. Teachers are not willing to do subject acceleration nor curriculum compacting, and make GT students do drill problems and endless worksheets instead of giving them challenging work.

Lavace Stewart Elementary School 0

Posted December 09, 2008
I moved to this district over the summer and I am extremely happy with the staff and PTA at Stewart Elem. Keep up the good work.

Posted November 16, 2007
Being the grandmother of a 1st grader, I found the teachers & staff doing an excellent job. The PTA is also doing so much for Stewart. Great school & should be commended!

Posted September 27, 2007
They need improvement on focusing on all students not just spanish speaking students!

Lavace Stewart Elementary School 3

Posted February 08, 2007
Need improvement in special education.

Lavace Stewart Elementary School
330 Hwy 2094, Kemah, TX  77565
Last modified Lavace Stewart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lavace Stewart Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top