Kemp Primary School 5

Posted July 26, 2014
My son started kindergarten in 2011. He absolutely loved this school, all the teachers, and staff. He would be attending the intermediate this coming year but sadly we are moving closer to my husbands job. I can only pray the school he attends next year is as great as this school, I also pray my daughter who will be starting kindergarten will have a great exaperience as he did at the kemp primary. I would also like to say that the 3 years my son attended the primary the PTO welcomed me with open arms, even tho I was not a member. Yes it was ran by the same team but they did an amazing job and in my opinion no one could have done the Job any better. Felecia has always been good about allowing any parent that wanted to help, help as well as the other PTO moms.. She welcomed help with open arms. I appreciate the hard work the PTO memebers do every year. I say keep Felicia in charge why fix something that's not broken.. I will miss this school and community and I know my son will too. I wish everyone the best of luck.. Thanks again to all the teachers, staff, and PTO for great memories and for all the hard work you each put into it every year...

Kemp Primary School 2

Posted January 18, 2014
Every year now, for many years, I have watched Kemp schools decline in the education they offer, and especially the special education programs.

Kemp Primary School 1

Posted May 13, 2013
The leadership @the Primary is unprofessional,& inconsistent. Changes aren't welcome. PTO has been run by the same group for a couple of years. Parents weren't informed when positions were being voted on,&the same group voted themselves in. Attendance policies r inconsistent. Even if u have notes from the doctor you'll have to go in front of a committee if ur child has too many absences. My child is ahead, &when I requested more work,I was told "It wouldn't be fair to other kids for my child to get ahead &she would be bored next year if she got ahead."If ur child has any special needs this is not the district for u. There's no accountability,&the children r not receiving the adequate help. The district cut the dyslexia program &the Speech Therapist is part time.There is a non certified assistant in the program that helps, but there's no accountability. If u have no choice & ur child has to attend Kemp,stay on top of ur child's education.You're ur child's best advocate. Education is their future, & it's imperative that they get the best. Given the choice,I know many parents who would definitely move their child into a better district. And many are next year.

Kemp Primary School 1

Posted July 09, 2012
There are some great teachers here but they are held back by the leadership. The principal is horrible. He has no idea what creates a good school. In the morning, just try to get past the cafeteria with your child. It isn't going to happen. You are not even allowed out of your car after school to pick them up. The school "opens" at 7:20 but the drop off doors are locked until monitors come out around 7:30- 7:35. The communication is HORRIFIC. There is little parental interaction with teachers because of all the rules. A simple parent teacher meeting has to include the principal. They don't even offer standard parent/teacher conference days. Last year they forget several times to send notices home for early release days. They act like a small community where every one should already be in "the know" so why bother to inform parents. The city's water & power randomly goes out. So there are times the kids are in school with no running water or electricity. The worst, is the special education program if your child is special needs RUN. Your child is going to pay everyday by never improving. There are a few good teachers here but everything fails because of their incompetent leadership.

Kemp Primary School 3

Posted September 21, 2010
I agree with you 100%!! We moved here in january and you would think that the school would welcome parent interaction with open arms!! My child and I both are still having a hard time trying to fit in around here. The school my child went to was VERY kid friendly and the that school put the kids and what was best for the kids first. It was more geared towards children.

Kemp Primary School 0

Posted May 04, 2009
I enrolled my child in Kemp Primary this year and I love it! I know my child is safe and happy when she's at school. The principal is very visible and always puts the students first. Mrs. Lowe has started a parent book study this year to help include parents and share information about how important it is for parents to ready with their children. I'm sad Mrs. Lowe is leaving.

Kemp Primary School 4

Posted September 27, 2007
My daughter is also in Kindergarten, she has been learning so much. Her teacher is Ms. Wiley, I believe she is a wonderful teacher. But I do not like the way I am not allowed in my child's classroom. They preach for us to be so involved and then we can't even go in the school?

Kemp Primary School 3

Posted September 06, 2007
My child is in K. Unfortunately the new policies enacted this year restrict parent face time with teachers, do not allow us to go to class w/the child in the morning, and do not allow us out of our cars in the afternoon. All communication is made my appt. only so parents don't 'disrupt' learning time. I would be more inclined to rate this school higer if we parents were allowed the simple courtesy of being treated like we also have the best interest of our children in mind instead of being treated like outsiders who are keeping the math scores low on the TAKS, all while the school is preaching for us to get involved. How when we don't seem wanted inside the school? Quite a contradiction between words and action in my opinion.

Kemp Primary School 5

Posted July 05, 2007
I think this school is a wonderful place to be.

Kemp Primary School 4

Posted December 11, 2006
There are some excellent teachers at the primary. Get involved and get to know the teachers! This campus is great about allowing parents to request a teacher... take advantage of that! There is a very strong emphasis on reading.

Kemp Primary School