Kennedale, TX

James A Arthur Intermediate School 2

Posted September 17, 2012
I have had children in the KISD for seven years (Delaney and Arthur). Each year I feel like the quality of education is going down. I think most of the teachers might be OK if they had decent leadership. The superintendent, asst superintendent, principals, and school board are all making bad decisions. Many of the best teachers are leaving. I can assure you that the schools will only get worse until the leadership changes. Like many other parents, I have transferred one child to a charter school. I might transfer my second child out also. My child learned nothing Arthur.

James A Arthur Intermediate School 2

Posted August 29, 2010
I am uncertain about the teachers ability to teach and any correspondance to concerning issues. I believe that someone should review the teachers more profound to see if indeed they are eligibale to teach what they are teaching in class. Some students learn at different paces and individually will need attention if needed. Also, if there is any situation at hand that regards the student when it comes to grades, behavior etc, there should be a procedure that the parents should be notifed as soon as they notice changes rather than notifying by the time that the grade year is coming to an end.

James A Arthur Intermediate School 4

Posted October 29, 2007
The principal and vice principal seemed more worried about dress code than education. But the teachers are great.

Posted October 24, 2007
If the teachers was as concerned about teachering as they are about students talking in the restroom or at their lockers James A Arthur might be an OK school. My child is having a problem with reading, but the teacher cannot offer any suggestion, or recommendations. As a parent 3 out of 5 stars is too high.

Posted January 07, 2007
Our son is in 6th grade and it has been a struggle this year but we are getting there. I am still concerned about the state wide course of 'teaching' to the test that the students have to do. But I will say, Kennedale teachers have been great from the time we moved here, and I look forward to the future.

Posted October 12, 2006
Poor communication, poor leadership

Posted September 08, 2006
They need new principal and vice principle. The teachers take their lead from their superiors...so it's all down hill. I don't recommend this school.

Posted May 31, 2006
My son just finished the 5th grade at Arthur. He passed, for the first time ever, with straight A's. His teacher Ms. Young may possibly be the best teacher my children have ever encountered and I attribute a lot of my son success this yera to her.

Posted May 21, 2006
Academically and Socially, Kennedale is a winner. The new schools inside Arlington are very nice and student crime rate is very low in comparison to most of the Arlington Schools.

James A Arthur Intermediate School 4

Posted March 01, 2006
Decent School- Nice children - Caring teachers and falculty - Good music and art programs.

James A Arthur Intermediate School
P O Box 448, Kennedale, TX  76060
Last modified James A Arthur Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James A Arthur Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top