Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Kennedale High School 1

Posted April 26, 2016
Some teachers have participated in inappropriate relationships with students. Check the news and police reports. Teachers and counselors are very lazy. All teachers allow students to make up bad grades. Therefore, students become lazy like the teachers. It was a very bad choice for our family.

Kennedale High School
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 22, 2015
Mrs. Devlin is an excellent counselor. She is attentive and action oriented. The attendance clerk, Mrs. Grimes, does an outstanding job!

Posted November 22, 2015
This is my second child to attend this school. The first transferred to a different school district due to her inability to assimilate into the learning environment. At that time, the teachers did not seem to care and had the 'it's a job' attitude. Athletics is highly funded and is a huge priority; however, the academics have much to be desired. They have done some renovation and added some great technical programs, like A/V. My second child is also transferring to a different school. Bullying is a culture of the school. Many of teachers do not actually teach. They pass out homework and sit at their desks expecting the students to figure out the work. The counselors act very interested and will take action but they do not listen well. If you want to see your child in counseling due to disturbing behavior, this is the school to attend.

Kennedale High School 1

Posted August 01, 2015
As a student who attends kennedale high I can say there is some good. The athletic program is phenomenal, some of the teaching staff actually care about the students and care about our education ( as of now 8/1/15 more than half of them are gone) but there's so many things at kennedale that are awful. The counselors seem like they don't care about there jobs or know what they have to do, I will be a senior and I have gotten my GPA scores once and it was the beginning of my sophomore year. None of them have helped us or talked about college plans or what to do, they just threw a "college fair" at us for about 20 minutes. Through the last 3 years and the up coming year the daily school schedule has changed.. Every year. 25 minutes has been added to the day for no good reason at all. They have recently added a second story yet they made passing period shorter. Everyday I feel like the staff doesn't know what they're doing. I feel like I'm not getting the education I need to succeed in life and in college. I was so excited for my senior year but now I'm honestly terrified.

Posted June 01, 2015
I have great feed back from the School and Teachers. The new Principal seems great but he needs to put more information out to parents on what is going on. All we get is donation emails not on things like weekly events or important announcements the students get and then forget about.

Kennedale High School 5

Posted May 06, 2014
This is the best high school my family has ever been associated with. The academics of the school is top notch and the staff and teachers are very friendly and knowledgable. We feel very lucky our children are receiving such a great education that is prepairing them so well for college. The athletics at this school is really where this institution shines. The facilities are beyond what you could imagine including a large stadium with turf an indoor practice field and a college like weight room. The coaches have a vested interest in the athletes and have produced many deep playoff runs and state championships in all sports. We couldn't be any happier with our experience with KHS.

Posted February 04, 2013
The majority of teachers and the entire administration at KHS are completely uninterested in helping students succeed except for a very specific subset of students. I thought my child was being ridiculous at first, but after several meetings (where I started on the administration's side), I saw how clique-ish and ridiculously this district is run. There are very few extracurricular offerings again, unless you are a very specific kind of student (football, volleyball, Spanish, theater, band). No orchestra, any other languages besides Spanish, very few clubs and organizations outside of sports. Also, the administration was completely unwilling to work with 504 services or even have my child's teachers fill out one form with regard to her behavior. Completely absurd. In summation, if you have a perfect child, they'll probably do fine here. If your child is anything other than cookie-cutter, they'll come out of here much worse for wear than when they entered. There are a few standout teachers... but even they aren't enough to redeem the wrongs of this school and the district.

Posted April 02, 2012
Everytime I see a bad review about an establishment or school on the internet, I always disregard it and look at the good reviews. But Kennedale HS is a school with mostly poor quality teachers with a few excellent teachers and counselors who do NOT listen to parents' or students' complaints. The Good: There are some teachers who have that 'star' quality about them and genuinely care students. The athletic programs are excellent. They are a variety of classes, such as different types of career/tech classes, yearbook, and Spanish. The Bad: There are many undereducated teachers who do not even have a degree in education. The counselors do NOT take complaints seriously; there have been countless complaints from students AND parents alike, and the administrative staff just laughs it off(literally). On testing days, everything is a mess. The office is very unprofessional. Most of the textbooks are very dated and old and currently(as of 4/2/2012) we are on a paper shortage due to budget cuts. Most of the teachers NEVER go to a education or teaching workshop. The principal is rarely seen at school events, most of the time, she passes on the jobs to the vice principals.

Posted June 01, 2011
In my opinion Kennedale High School is one of the best schools in the area, specifically when compared to other towns and schools of similar size. The faculty and staff seem to genuinely care about the children well being and the students seem to understand and feel the same way. I feel that the smaller class sizes are a definitely benefit academically since the children seem to obtain more one on one attention and guidance. My son is 15 and my daughter is 9 months old. I definitely plan on staying within Kennedale in order to maintain this same level of education.

Posted June 28, 2010
Here is the status of my 3 children who previously graduated from Kennedale High School: 1. Child #1 is pending graduation from college upon completion of 3 more courses; 2. Child #2 has graduated from college and has been accepted into medical school; 3. Child #3 is currently in college. To different degrees, all 3 have acquired an appreciation and understanding of the need for upper education. As with any institution, total school performance is the accumulation of the efforts/abilities of individual teachers; however overall, KHS, a 3A school, has proved to a very positive educational experience for my family.

Kennedale High School
P O Box 1208, Kennedale, TX  76060
Last modified Kennedale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.