Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted January 13, 2016
This really depends. There are truly some dedicated, caring, invaluable teachers !!! Hurray to them !!!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted January 13, 2016
What homework?? Homework is not assigned and the rationale was, 'since it does not get turned back in we don't assign it'. Wow. Did an administrator just really tell me that??!!

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted January 13, 2016
By example it teaches to go with the status quo and not to be open to new ideas and improvement.

James F Delaney Elementary School 2

Posted January 13, 2016
Initial impression was nice small town school where everyone can get personalized attention. But look closer!! Over the years, dual language programs cancelled, Gifted & Talented programs watered down, minimal to no homework assigned (can't get it returned so we just don't assign it), no active PTA which means less activities. Special Education services, well let's just say they are not so special. Could it be that administrators actually own the after school programs and therefore profit financially from them? Yes, it is true. Great emphasis and funding put into sports. But, when it comes to fine arts programs, not so much. Interesting small town politics without accountability or objectivity. Oh, and don't dare question the status quo. That is not really appreciated.

James F Delaney Elementary School 1

Posted July 28, 2015
Very horrible my daughter is not being taught stuff the she needs to be. She is going in 1st grade and don't even know how to write her own name. She don't even know how to write her abcs

Posted October 08, 2013
Delaney is such a fantastic school. It is so nice to come into such a tight, community, eucation focused school. Absolutly love it.

James F Delaney Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2013
This school is VERY lacking in communication between staff and parents. And while im at it everything is so complicated most of the staff dont know whats going on. As far as keeping parents informed BIG FAT F

Posted May 22, 2013
I have to say that I had my reservations about my children attending Delaney Elementary after reading the reviews but I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and the school. My son has a 504 plan due to health issues and the entire staff have been fantastic in their communication and care. Everyone we have come into contact with, from the Principal, councilor, teacher, nurse etc have been absolutely amazing and we could not have asked for any more. The education has been wonderful - my daughter has excelled in her reading and math and made Honor roll every grading period! I am so pleased that my children attend Delaney and I look forward to another successful year for them!

James F Delaney Elementary School 3

Posted September 17, 2012
All my children have attended Delaney. My eldest started the year after Mr. Delaney died. I was very impressed with the school and the quality of education. But each year I see the decline. My youngest child's education isn't anything like my eldest. They have stopped caring about the children who are above grade level. The superintendent actually said, we don't have to worry about them, they will do fine. Anyone who makes a statement like that doesn't deserve a job in education. All children deserve a quality, challenging education. I'm glad Mr Delaney isn't here to see the school now.

Posted October 04, 2011
This is our third year at Delaney and every year I grow to love this school more and more. The new principal is great. Very invloved. The teachers are kind and fun. They make learning exciting. My 2nd grader daughter is reading on a 4th grade level and my Kindergarten son is doing great as well. There is a great diversity here. They expect students to be responsible and ready to learn everyday. If you as a parent do YOUR part your child WILL thrive here. Any child would be blessed to attend Delaney. I thank God for this school every day.

P O Box 1287, Kennedale, TX  76060
Last modified James F Delaney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.