Posted October 08, 2013
Delaney is such a fantastic school. It is so nice to come into such a tight, community, eucation focused school. Absolutly love it.

James F Delaney Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2013
This school is VERY lacking in communication between staff and parents. And while im at it everything is so complicated most of the staff dont know whats going on. As far as keeping parents informed BIG FAT F

Posted May 22, 2013
I have to say that I had my reservations about my children attending Delaney Elementary after reading the reviews but I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and the school. My son has a 504 plan due to health issues and the entire staff have been fantastic in their communication and care. Everyone we have come into contact with, from the Principal, councilor, teacher, nurse etc have been absolutely amazing and we could not have asked for any more. The education has been wonderful - my daughter has excelled in her reading and math and made Honor roll every grading period! I am so pleased that my children attend Delaney and I look forward to another successful year for them!

James F Delaney Elementary School 3

Posted September 17, 2012
All my children have attended Delaney. My eldest started the year after Mr. Delaney died. I was very impressed with the school and the quality of education. But each year I see the decline. My youngest child's education isn't anything like my eldest. They have stopped caring about the children who are above grade level. The superintendent actually said, we don't have to worry about them, they will do fine. Anyone who makes a statement like that doesn't deserve a job in education. All children deserve a quality, challenging education. I'm glad Mr Delaney isn't here to see the school now.

Posted October 04, 2011
This is our third year at Delaney and every year I grow to love this school more and more. The new principal is great. Very invloved. The teachers are kind and fun. They make learning exciting. My 2nd grader daughter is reading on a 4th grade level and my Kindergarten son is doing great as well. There is a great diversity here. They expect students to be responsible and ready to learn everyday. If you as a parent do YOUR part your child WILL thrive here. Any child would be blessed to attend Delaney. I thank God for this school every day.

James F Delaney Elementary School 1

Posted August 03, 2011
Seriously reconsider another education option. Partiality and favoritism are what drives decisions, from the top down and vise versa. Typical "small town" paradigm with no outside accountability or objectivity.

Posted July 05, 2011
My son has attended Delaney Elementary since kindergarten (he's now in 4th grade) and I have seen nothing but good things within the school. The homey feeling when you walk into the school itself is the best feeling ever! Let alone the caring teachers that work hard to teach the kids everyday:)

James F Delaney Elementary School 2

Posted May 03, 2011
Very, very disappointed with this school. What would Mr. Delaney think? Budget cuts will most likely further the decline in quality. There really is no excuse in this information age to not be able to provide effective communication among every member within the school from administration, to faculty, to parent. Obviously not enough funding has been or will be provided for technology. More important than that, there is a marked absence of diligence on the part of the school administrators to communicate well to impart positive teacher-parent-child relationships. This experience make the decision to pursue other education options easier. If you are considering a private or home school education, seriously pursue those instead.

James F Delaney Elementary School 3

Posted April 15, 2011
I have not been impressed with this school. Communication is sorely lacking, at least half of notes written to my daughter's teacher go unaddressed. Simple requests are ignored or given the runaround. Newsletters/ PTA information, etc, are often sent home too late to be relevant, if they are sent home at all. All of this pales in comparison to the fact that TWICE my daughter was not put on the bus to come home (she no longer rides the bus), and was 'misplaced' (though later found) while on a field trip. My daughter is very bright and ahead of the other students, and I get the impression that her teachers just don't know what to do with her. This school has given me such a bad feeling that it makes me wary of the district as a whole. We have sought out alternatives and will not be attending any Kennedale school next year. I gave an 'average' score because my daughter has only been attending this year, so I do not know if my experiences are isolated to this one teacher or are typical. We won't be sticking around to find out.

James F Delaney Elementary School 2

Posted April 01, 2011
There are SIGNIFICANT areas of opportunity for improvement for Delaney as it relates to building relationships and school culture. At this writing, our child has been enrolled for one year. We have experienced first hand the decline as mentioned in the previous review. A probable reason is related to the retirement of a key leader, the principle. It is very unfortunate that Delaney does not have a strong collaboration with the other elementary school in Kennedale ISD, R.F. Patterson. To use just one example: If an outsider were to make a comparison by reviewing the activity and content of each school's website, it would be obvious the disparity of information between the two. RFP provides more comprehensive communication about a variety of topics between educators and the parent/student community such their principle's monthly newsletter, photo gallery archive, and professional development teacher postings that offer parents a teacher's perspective about programs currently implemented. It would be very hard to ignore the negative impact that the change in leadership has had on this particular school community.

James F Delaney Elementary School
P O Box 1287, Kennedale, TX  76060
Last modified James F Delaney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James F Delaney Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top