Saegert Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 1189 students

Living in Killeen

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $153,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $780.

Posted June 23, 2014

I have had 4 kids go through this school. Currently I still have two there. My gifted and talented children did great here, but my two with special needs were allowed to fall through the cracks. We have had both amazing teachers, and not so great ones at this school. But I will say that if you are a very hands on parent and stay involved, your kids can be happy and successful at this school. They do have a very good PTA that does a lot for the kids and families which is nice. We have had more good experiences than bad here. Out of the 3 schools in KISD that my kids have attended, Saegert has by far been the nicest, cleanest, and best in our opinion.

Posted May 27, 2014

I have a child attending this school. we are new to the area and recently visited the school during field day (i understand kids were antsy and excited to have field day) BUT we were shocked at the way a certain teacher was behaving towards the children! finger pointing in their faces and talking very nasty to the kids, ignoring certain kids when they needed to use the restroom for more than an hour!. clearly this one teacher is in it for a paycheck and not the children. Thankfully we are not staying at this school and that there is only 5 days of school left or I would yank my child out in a heart beat! This behavior is completely unacceptable especially coming from an educator teaching and molding our little ones! That experience has really opened my eyes to possibly home schooling. It seems as if it is mass producing children with over 1100 kids in the school!

Posted April 13, 2014

My child attended this school from PK to 5th grade and I always heard her complaining about the bullying. The worst part is, most of it came from the teachers! Some were very kind and others were rude. I remember one of them told her santa wasn't real. A teacher! I don't recommend attending Saegert Elementry at all!

Posted January 2, 2014

I HIGHLY recommend this school. My children have attended 2 other schools in KISD (due to military) and Saegert ES, by far, has been the best. This is our 3rd year at Saegert and my children, husband and I have experienced nothing but positive, friendly, professionalism from secretaries, teachers, and administration. I love their school wide positive behavior system that allows students to earn points throughout the school day. The other campuses took points away and it was punitive. My son does receive SpEd services and the school has been nothing but helpful and thorough in the whole process. Teachers are willing, on their own time, to tutor before, after school and even on Saturdays! I'm thankful for Saegert ES putting kids first!

Posted October 22, 2013

I won't recommend this school, to start the office people are so rude, you hardly ever see the principal and when you see her she doesn't interact with the parents at all! their ati-bully program doesn't work at all. Most of the teachers think that they are dealing with little soldiers. my kid came home telling me that after my conference with the teacher, my kid's teacher and other women started talking about me. There is some very good teachers like the librarian, she is very helpful, my kid really likes her.

Posted May 18, 2013

I have had several concerns with this school. They do not follow their own policies that they put out and then blame me for making a mistake in following their vague policy. They have a poor Anti-Bully program set up that unfortunately left my child helpless and the teacher feeling as if she has to tolerate poor behavior from children. The teachers yell at the children regularly based on my daughter's own concerns. I spoke with administration in reference to this matter and they told me that I should have not gone to the teacher and reported the bullying to them. The administration has yet to contact me in regards to this matter. The admin asitants are rude and enjoy talking about parents in front of other parents. There is a braekadown in their system that needs to be fixed.

Posted June 29, 2011

I have to find out issues about my child from the bus drivers and not the teachers. How am I supposed to know what is going on with my child if the teachers are not communicating his needs. He has a little paper he comes home with every day and the comments section is NEVER filled out. How am I supposed to know if anything special is going on or how my child is doing if all they are doing is circling pictures on a page and not expanding on such in the provided COMMENTS section. I am thankful that I am not sending my child to this school for a whole school year and just for summer school, I would pull him out of this school and NEVER send him back

Posted May 25, 2011

The school has over 1200 students attending it! The student to teacher ratio is unacceptable and there doesn't seem to be any real logic when determing which student is put in teachers classes such as balancing male to female ratios. My daughter has only 3 girls in her class of a total of 23 students! As you can imagine the behavioral issues with having so many males in one class. Also, the Principal and Assistant Principals are never available to talk to when issues arise. I've always had to make an appointment for the next week in order to speak to them, they also don't return messages in a timely manner. Also if you have a child with special needs, don't bother with this school. The staff is inefficient in the special education process and not knowledgeable about federal guidelines. I initiated the ARD process in August and now it's May and my child still doesn't have an IEP because they've denied her services. Then when I requested an IEE, they stalled two months before answering. Next time, I'm just going to hire an attorney because it's unacceptable that my child hasn't rec'd services all year because of incompetent administration.

Posted April 20, 2010

This school is fantastic. We see very well how much our little girl is advancing. We are constantly surprised with the knowledge she is bringing home!

Posted November 7, 2009

I have 5 kids that go to this school and I love it! Teachers are awsome and the allow the parents to be very active in the class! I have to move to Flordia soon and my biggest dissapointment in leaving is taking my kids away from this school.

Posted June 3, 2008

I have 2 children in grade 2 and 5. This is our first year here in Texas. Things I like about this school: 1. Friendly teachers and staff. 2. Free tutoring for those that need it 3. Fenced in playgrounds 4. Very secure. They have a security camera in the front office (the rest of doors are kept locked) and you have to present your id. 5. The schools is in a good neighborhood, not on a main road. 6. They give awards to the children and have special proformances (recently my son was in a musical concert) field day, and other fun things 7. New school, so very clean, updated, nice size library. It is not perfect of course. The only problems my kids have had is with other students and that is any school. Overall we are happy with the school.

Posted March 18, 2008

I have two children in this school and we love it! My son is in a special ed class and Ms. Mark is just an awesome awesome teacher. It feels so good to know my son has a teacher that truly believes in him and only expects him to do his very best. My daughters class is just down the hall from his and she is doing very well and loves her school.

Posted February 3, 2008

This school is great! My daughter has gone to several schools in this district due to re-zoning and this one is by far the best! Dr Smith sends the children way-to-go messages on a regular basis and even looks at their report cards and writes messages on those too. She is very involved in every activity. You can tell the teachers really care as well. My kids have never been more happy.

Posted November 7, 2007

they have very good teacher s, that take care of your sons and daugthers, and they help them a lot.

Posted March 28, 2007

Principal, Dr. Smith is extremely active and involved with her students, PTA and all aspects of this school. The school is brand new, just opened this year, and I believe a great school starts with leadership at the top and Saegert is exremely lucky to have Dr. Smith leading this school! Her doors are always open, she is highly involved in PTA and extracurricular activities, not only allowing them at the school, but encouraging and even participating in the activities as well. Our family is blessed our children attend this school and my children love it here. That is just as important. I can only speak for my children's teachers since I don't know the others, and I am extremely happy with the level of education my children are receiving and the communication we get from the teachers. We can't ask for a better school for our children.

Posted March 26, 2007

You can tell this school cares about kids.

Posted February 8, 2007

Has a program for agressive children, special class, very pretty school

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

153 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

154 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

153 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

151 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

151 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

144 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

144 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

143 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Female90%

Special education43%
Limited English proficient (LEP)n/a
Proficient in English88%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

163 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

164 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

178 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

180 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

180 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

183 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

182 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

188 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students85%

Proficient in English56%
Non-migrant55%
Non-Gifted53%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Asian or Pacific Islander 2% 4%

• GAIL CHARLES-WALTERS
Fax number
  • (254) 554-3824

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now