Bad
Good

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted November 19, 2015
I feel the school promotes short cuts and only doing what's necessary to get by, even better if they can get someone else to do it for them

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted November 19, 2015
They promote respect through words but domonstrate degradation through actions Administration is horrible and half the the facility are inept

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 19, 2015
The administration is full of empty words and tries to pacify higher administrative offices with out achieving any real substance. If they can achieve goals behind closed door through threats, blackmail, or harassment they will and it seems these are prefered methods

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 19, 2015
Faculty does not possess those qualities it's self to demonstrate to the student body, so how can they promote that in others

Posted November 19, 2015
my kids have been going to Sagert Elementary for several years. from my point of view this years change in administration is horrible. they seem to display a god complex and disregard procedures out line in the students hand book and from my point of view they engage in harassment and retaliation against the student body if you seek resolution at higher levels.

Saegert Elementary School 5

Posted June 23, 2014
I have had 4 kids go through this school. Currently I still have two there. My gifted and talented children did great here, but my two with special needs were allowed to fall through the cracks. We have had both amazing teachers, and not so great ones at this school. But I will say that if you are a very hands on parent and stay involved, your kids can be happy and successful at this school. They do have a very good PTA that does a lot for the kids and families which is nice. We have had more good experiences than bad here. Out of the 3 schools in KISD that my kids have attended, Saegert has by far been the nicest, cleanest, and best in our opinion.

Posted May 27, 2014
I have a child attending this school. we are new to the area and recently visited the school during field day (i understand kids were antsy and excited to have field day) BUT we were shocked at the way a certain teacher was behaving towards the children! finger pointing in their faces and talking very nasty to the kids, ignoring certain kids when they needed to use the restroom for more than an hour!. clearly this one teacher is in it for a paycheck and not the children. Thankfully we are not staying at this school and that there is only 5 days of school left or I would yank my child out in a heart beat! This behavior is completely unacceptable especially coming from an educator teaching and molding our little ones! That experience has really opened my eyes to possibly home schooling. It seems as if it is mass producing children with over 1100 kids in the school!

Posted April 13, 2014
My child attended this school from PK to 5th grade and I always heard her complaining about the bullying. The worst part is, most of it came from the teachers! Some were very kind and others were rude. I remember one of them told her santa wasn't real. A teacher! I don't recommend attending Saegert Elementry at all!

Saegert Elementary School 5

Posted January 02, 2014
I HIGHLY recommend this school. My children have attended 2 other schools in KISD (due to military) and Saegert ES, by far, has been the best. This is our 3rd year at Saegert and my children, husband and I have experienced nothing but positive, friendly, professionalism from secretaries, teachers, and administration. I love their school wide positive behavior system that allows students to earn points throughout the school day. The other campuses took points away and it was punitive. My son does receive SpEd services and the school has been nothing but helpful and thorough in the whole process. Teachers are willing, on their own time, to tutor before, after school and even on Saturdays! I'm thankful for Saegert ES putting kids first!

Saegert Elementary School 2

Posted October 22, 2013
I won't recommend this school, to start the office people are so rude, you hardly ever see the principal and when you see her she doesn't interact with the parents at all! their ati-bully program doesn't work at all. Most of the teachers think that they are dealing with little soldiers. my kid came home telling me that after my conference with the teacher, my kid's teacher and other women started talking about me. There is some very good teachers like the librarian, she is very helpful, my kid really likes her.

5600 Schorn Drive, Killeen, TX  76542
Last modified Saegert Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saegert Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top