Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Faculty does not possess those qualities it's self to demonstrate to the student body, so how can they promote that in others

my kids have been going to Sagert Elementary for several years. from my point of view this years change in administration is horrible. they seem to display a god complex and disregard procedures out line in the students hand book and from my point of view they engage in harassment and retaliation against the student body if you seek resolution at higher levels.

I have had 4 kids go through this school. Currently I still have two there. My gifted and talented children did great here, but my two with special needs were allowed to fall through the cracks. We have had both amazing teachers, and not so great ones at this school. But I will say that if you are a very hands on parent and stay involved, your kids can be happy and successful at this school. They do have a very good PTA that does a lot for the kids and families which is nice. We have had more good experiences than bad here. Out of the 3 schools in KISD that my kids have attended, Saegert has by far been the nicest, cleanest, and best in our opinion.

I have a child attending this school. we are new to the area and recently visited the school during field day (i understand kids were antsy and excited to have field day) BUT we were shocked at the way a certain teacher was behaving towards the children! finger pointing in their faces and talking very nasty to the kids, ignoring certain kids when they needed to use the restroom for more than an hour!. clearly this one teacher is in it for a paycheck and not the children. Thankfully we are not staying at this school and that there is only 5 days of school left or I would yank my child out in a heart beat! This behavior is completely unacceptable especially coming from an educator teaching and molding our little ones! That experience has really opened my eyes to possibly home schooling. It seems as if it is mass producing children with over 1100 kids in the school!

My child attended this school from PK to 5th grade and I always heard her complaining about the bullying. The worst part is, most of it came from the teachers! Some were very kind and others were rude. I remember one of them told her santa wasn't real. A teacher! I don't recommend attending Saegert Elementry at all!

I HIGHLY recommend this school. My children have attended 2 other schools in KISD (due to military) and Saegert ES, by far, has been the best. This is our 3rd year at Saegert and my children, husband and I have experienced nothing but positive, friendly, professionalism from secretaries, teachers, and administration. I love their school wide positive behavior system that allows students to earn points throughout the school day. The other campuses took points away and it was punitive. My son does receive SpEd services and the school has been nothing but helpful and thorough in the whole process. Teachers are willing, on their own time, to tutor before, after school and even on Saturdays! I'm thankful for Saegert ES putting kids first!

I won't recommend this school, to start the office people are so rude, you hardly ever see the principal and when you see her she doesn't interact with the parents at all! their ati-bully program doesn't work at all. Most of the teachers think that they are dealing with little soldiers. my kid came home telling me that after my conference with the teacher, my kid's teacher and other women started talking about me. There is some very good teachers like the librarian, she is very helpful, my kid really likes her.

I have had several concerns with this school. They do not follow their own policies that they put out and then blame me for making a mistake in following their vague policy. They have a poor Anti-Bully program set up that unfortunately left my child helpless and the teacher feeling as if she has to tolerate poor behavior from children. The teachers yell at the children regularly based on my daughter's own concerns. I spoke with administration in reference to this matter and they told me that I should have not gone to the teacher and reported the bullying to them. The administration has yet to contact me in regards to this matter. The admin asitants are rude and enjoy talking about parents in front of other parents. There is a braekadown in their system that needs to be fixed.

I have to find out issues about my child from the bus drivers and not the teachers. How am I supposed to know what is going on with my child if the teachers are not communicating his needs. He has a little paper he comes home with every day and the comments section is NEVER filled out. How am I supposed to know if anything special is going on or how my child is doing if all they are doing is circling pictures on a page and not expanding on such in the provided COMMENTS section. I am thankful that I am not sending my child to this school for a whole school year and just for summer school, I would pull him out of this school and NEVER send him back

The school has over 1200 students attending it! The student to teacher ratio is unacceptable and there doesn't seem to be any real logic when determing which student is put in teachers classes such as balancing male to female ratios. My daughter has only 3 girls in her class of a total of 23 students! As you can imagine the behavioral issues with having so many males in one class. Also, the Principal and Assistant Principals are never available to talk to when issues arise. I've always had to make an appointment for the next week in order to speak to them, they also don't return messages in a timely manner. Also if you have a child with special needs, don't bother with this school. The staff is inefficient in the special education process and not knowledgeable about federal guidelines. I initiated the ARD process in August and now it's May and my child still doesn't have an IEP because they've denied her services. Then when I requested an IEE, they stalled two months before answering. Next time, I'm just going to hire an attorney because it's unacceptable that my child hasn't rec'd services all year because of incompetent administration.

Last modified Saegert Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.